Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Get Three Free Reaper’s Crown Crates – This Weekend Only!

• craftycarper73
    craftycarper73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what time is 12am utc in uk time?
    Born, Bred & Made in Manchester UK, RIP 22 Angels. 22/05/2017

PC-EU

The Place by Tony Walsh Please Read
    This is the place in the North West of England

It’s ace, it’s the best and the songs that we sing

From the stands, from our bands set the whole planet shaking

Our inventions are legends! There’s nowt we can’t make and

So we make brilliant music. We make brilliant bands

We make goals that make souls leap from seats in the stands

And we make things from steel and we make things from cotton

And we make people laugh, take the mick summat rotten

And we make you at home and we make you feel welcome

And we make summat happen, we can’t seem to help it

And if you’re looking for history then yes, we’ve a wealth

But the Manchester way is to make it yourself

And make us a record, a new number one

And make us a brew while you’re up, love. Go on!

And make us feel proud that you’re winning the league

And make us sing louder and make us believe it

that this is the place that has helped shape the world

And that this the place where a Manchester girl

Name of Emmeline Pankhurst from the streets of Moss Side

Led a Suffragette City with sisterhood pride

And this is the place with appliance of science

We’re on it, atomic, we strut with defiance

In the face of a challenge we always stand tall

Mancunians in union delivered it all

Such as housing and libraries, and health, education

And unions and co-ops, the first railway station

So we’re sorry! Bear with us! We invented commuters!

But we hope you forgive us – we invented computers!

And this is the place Henry Royce strolled with Rolls

And we’ve rocked and we’ve rolled with our own Northern Soul

And so this is the place to do business, then dance

Where go-getters and goal setters know they’ve a chance

And this is the place where we first played as kids

And me Mam lived and died here, she loved it she did

And this is the place where our folks came to work

Where they struggled in puddles, they hurt in the dirt

And they built us a city. They built us these towns

And they coughed on the cobbles to the deafening sound

Of the steaming machines and the screaming of slaves

They were scheming for greatness, they dreamed to their graves

And they left us a spirit, they left us a vibe

The Mancunian Way to survive and to thrive

And to work and to build, to connect and create and

Greater Manchester’s greatness is keeping it great

And so this is the place now we’ve kids of our own

Some are born here, some drawn here but we all call it home

And they’ve covered the cobbles, but they’ll never defeat

All the dreamers and schemers who still teem through these streets

Because this is a place that has been through some hard times

Oppressions, recessions, depressions and dark times

But we keep fighting back with Greater Manchester spirit

Northern grit, northern wit in Greater Manchester’s lyrics

And there’s hard times again in these streets of our city

But we won’t take defeat and we don’t want your pity

Because this a place where we stand strong together

With a smile on our face, Mancunians Forever

And we’ve got this* as the place where a team with a dream (*Forever Manchester)

Can get funding and something to help with their scheme

Because this is the place that understands your grand plans

We don’t do No Can Do, we just stress Yes We Can!

Forever Manchester’s a charity for people round ‘ere

You can fundraise, donate. You can be a volunteer

You can live local, give local. We can honestly say

We do charity differently, that Mancunian Way

And we fund local kids, and we fund local teams

We support local dreamers to work for their dreams

We support local groups and the great work they do

So can you …help us help… local people like you?

Because this is the place in our hearts, in our homes

Because this is the place that’s a part of our bones

‘Cos Greater Manchester gives us such strength from the fact

That this is the place. We should give something back.

Always remember. Never forget. Forever Manchester.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what time is 12am utc in uk time?

1AM. I'm 1 hr ahead of UK time and for me it's 2AM. :smile:
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for this, very nice gesture, last time I've got some cool stuff for my house in one of the crates :)
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • Blackbird71
    Blackbird71
    ✭✭✭
    Simply log into the game and defeat any monster or minion ...

Some clarification on this would be good; what precisely qualifies as a "monster" or "minion"? Do animals count, e.g., what if I killed a wolf? What about neutral creatures, like mudcrabs, that are not automatically aggressive? Or the one-hit critters like fireflies, snakes, etc.? How about humans/elves? Would any NPC count as a "minion", or only those that are naturally aggressive? Just saying "any monster or minion" leaves a lot of ambiguity in this game!
  • ictopbasli
    ictopbasli
    ✭✭✭
    ictopbasli wrote: »
    I login and killed some Wasp. Is that count? I didn't get any crate by the way.

Assuming this works the same way as the ESO+ event with the Dwarven Crates, your crates will be delivered after the event is over and your days are tallied.

Thanks, I understand.
    Thalmor rules!
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Some clarification on this would be good; what precisely qualifies as a "monster" or "minion"? Do animals count, e.g., what if I killed a wolf? What about neutral creatures, like mudcrabs, that are not automatically aggressive? Or the one-hit critters like fireflies, snakes, etc.? How about humans/elves? Would any NPC count as a "minion", or only those that are naturally aggressive? Just saying "any monster or minion" leaves a lot of ambiguity in this game!

As Gina has clarified elsewhere, it's any enemy who isn't a player character.

I'd go out and find something with a red outline and you should be set.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Blackbird71
    Blackbird71
    ✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »

Where exactly has Gina clarified this? All she said on the matter in this thread was the following:
    Does monsters in Cyrodiil count?
    Yep, any monster anywhere.

Which still does not clarify the ambiguity of what qualifies as a "monster" (and makes no mention of "minions" at all).

If you are aware of an official statement in another location, please link it. Otherwise, it's just hearsay, and really doesn't give any level of confidence in the matter.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Question... to stop the confusion of last time...

is it the act of logging in that will count us in, or the act of killing.

For me this "starts" at 6pm. So if I log in at 5:45pm and kill at a monster at 6:30. Does it count... or not? Since I didn't "log in after 6pm"
    The act of killing the monster is what counts.

Nic727 wrote: »
    What kind of monsters do we need to fight?
    Any monster anywhere, as long as it's not a player character. :)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/372346/official-discussion-thread-for-discover-the-reaper-s-harvest-earn-free-crown-crates-this-weekend/p1
    Edited by driosketch on September 22, 2017 3:50PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Where exactly has Gina clarified this? All she said on the matter in this thread was the following:

Which still does not clarify the ambiguity of what qualifies as a "monster" (and makes no mention of "minions" at all).

If you are aware of an official statement in another location, please link it. Otherwise, it's just hearsay, and really doesn't give any level of confidence in the matter.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4510857/#Comment_4510857

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4511029/#Comment_4511029

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4511689/#Comment_4511689

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4511838/#Comment_4511838

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4513860/#Comment_4513860

Hopefully you'll be able to find what you need somewhere in there.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Blackbird71
    Blackbird71
    ✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Question... to stop the confusion of last time...

is it the act of logging in that will count us in, or the act of killing.

For me this "starts" at 6pm. So if I log in at 5:45pm and kill at a monster at 6:30. Does it count... or not? Since I didn't "log in after 6pm"
    The act of killing the monster is what counts.

Nic727 wrote: »
    What kind of monsters do we need to fight?
    Any monster anywhere, as long as it's not a player character. :)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/372346/official-discussion-thread-for-discover-the-reaper-s-harvest-earn-free-crown-crates-this-weekend/p1

Thanks for the link; I found further clarification in that thread (better than just "monster" anyway):
    Jounin13 wrote: »
    What are considered Monsters or Minions in the game?

Simply kill any enemy that isn't another player character and you're good to go.
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for doing this!
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if i log in and kill an argonian, does it count? 8-)
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    if i log in and kill an argonian, does it count? 8-)
    Sure, if he's a bandit or necromancer. :p
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me for when another player asks what they have to do for the event

GgDrrDu.gif

5CeeJMQ.gif

5lP2n4H.gif

ImabE6Y.gif
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see anyone asking this, and I have had members in my guild ask. I'm assuming it is one crate per account, but others are asking if it is one crate per Character. So which is it?

It's seriously amazing that there are actually people here who think ZOS would give three free crates "per character". Some people have 20+ characters. ZOS would never, even if Hell freezes over, give a person the ability to earn 60+ free crown crates on the same account, especially since most crate items are account unlocks. It's idiotic and shouldn't need clarification.
    Edited by AlMcFly on September 22, 2017 9:26PM
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlMcFly wrote: »
    I don't see anyone asking this, and I have had members in my guild ask. I'm assuming it is one crate per account, but others are asking if it is one crate per Character. So which is it?

It's seriously amazing that there are actually people here who think ZOS would give three free crates "per character". Some people have 20+ characters. ZOS would never, even if Hell freezes over, give a person the ability to earn 60+ free crown crates on the same account, especially since most crate items are account unlocks. It's idiotic and shouldn't need clarification.

Agreed.

Plus, Gina has already posted that it is per account.
    Junkriid wrote: »
    This is amazing! I hope I'll find something interesting but I have a question: can we obtain 1 crate each day for every character, so 24 in total with 8 characters or 3 crates in total per account?

The crates are per account, not per character.
  • navra1ub17_ESO
    How can we tell if our kill has been registered? I killed a few scorpions and there was no indication that I had got the kill.

Anyway I'll go kill something else again tomorrow.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can we tell if our kill has been registered? I killed a few scorpions and there was no indication that I had got the kill.

Anyway I'll go kill something else again tomorrow.

There is no indication. You killed something so you are good.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cool. Sounds like this time you don't have to be a subscriber when you get the prizes?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Cool. Sounds like this time you don't have to be a subscriber when you get the prizes?

Correct, this is open to everyone. ESO+ subscription not required.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OMG those mounts in the original post are horrible looking! Who comes up with that crap!

But I'll take free crates! Looks like I missed the Friday one though.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

basically you have to kill this monster minion
    multfilm-minion-minon.jpg

i know where one spawns but i wont be telling ya'll!
  • UncannyLinderman
    UncannyLinderman
    ✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Would have been so great if they just sell things in the crown store and did away with this gambling ***.

I gotta agree. Especially when the crates house things I really want, but it's all up to chance and a lot of real world spending to hope to attain. If the items I wanted were just there, I would buy what I want and be done with it. They'd still get their money, I wouldn't have to complain about 12 types of potions I'll never use. This really was a pretty idiotic move.
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SASQUATCH0 wrote: »
    Are those first 3 apex mounts the super rare ones? Like the ebon dwarven senche etc.?
    Yes.

Is it per account or per character login?
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vizier wrote: »
    SASQUATCH0 wrote: »
    Are those first 3 apex mounts the super rare ones? Like the ebon dwarven senche etc.?
    Yes.

Is it per account or per character login?

Per account
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4510857/#Comment_4510857

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4511029/#Comment_4511029

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4511689/#Comment_4511689

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4511838/#Comment_4511838

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4513860/#Comment_4513860

Hopefully you'll be able to find what you need somewhere in there.

Thanks for posting this. I too was very confused as to what a monster or minion was. what threw everyone and everything off, @ZOS_GinaBruno is you said "any monster OR minion" we were not aware there was a differentiation and also we didnt know if this included natural fauna of the land. is a skeever or a kagouti a monster? no, not technically, right? but a troll, yeah that seems to fit the bill.

turns out, literally any thing besides another player character fits the bill. and just for the record, what is a minion?

ugh, next, just be straight and to the point. in any case, great pre event hype offer and i appreciate it being in game.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• ninjaneer360
    I wonder if there will be any compensation for those of us who missed out on earning a free crate on Friday due to the server issues. Like maybe make Friday's crate free for everybody, even if we couldn't log in and kill a monster?
  • Altaire
    Altaire
    ✭✭✭
    Could ya add more costumes to the free crate quest? Ghost or zombie polymorph would be great. even ole 'pumpkin head' be cool...
  • geosto1b16_ESO2
    in the announcement section when logging in it says ... "The Horns of the Reach DLC game pack is now available on PC/Mac in the in-game crown store and FREE to ESO Plus members." , (my emphasis on free). This is NOT true, as when I go to the crown store to download it, it says I... "dont have enough crowns", in order to aquire enough crowns I would have to BUY them (the crowns) with real euros, therefore this item is NOT FREE and people are being misled. So either make it so it is free to download, or REMOVE the misleading LIE from the announcement page.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in the announcement section when logging in it says ... "The Horns of the Reach DLC game pack is now available on PC/Mac in the in-game crown store and FREE to ESO Plus members." , (my emphasis on free). This is NOT true, as when I go to the crown store to download it, it says I... "dont have enough crowns", in order to aquire enough crowns I would have to BUY them (the crowns) with real euros, therefore this item is NOT FREE and people are being misled. So either make it so it is free to download, or REMOVE the misleading LIE from the announcement page.

It is free for people that have an active ESO+ subscription. If you do then put in a support ticket.

Note that with ESO+ you can still purchase it with crowns if you wish to permanently unlock it, but it is not required.