The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Free crown crate event

DontBeDead-Claw
DontBeDead-Claw
✭✭✭
What is ment by monsters or minions ?

Do dark anchors, world bosses and dungeon bosses count as them or is there special monsters and minions added in for the event ?
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping for some explanation on this too, just in case you never know lol
    Edited by luen79rwb17_ESO on September 21, 2017 4:37PM
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • DontBeDead-Claw
    DontBeDead-Claw
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I know it a bit vague on the information they provided in both email and on the news page talking about it
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    any monster that is not a target skelton/player. just go kill a scamp
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

Also other players do not count as monsters, even if they are secretly evil.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    A monster, in this case, is any enemy that's not another player character. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno a heap of EU players lost out on these last time, due to time zone / not 24hr periods etc.

Can you confirm the timings of this GMT (UTC) please?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Beardimus It's in this link........

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/26197?utm_source=Email&utm_campaign=September Crate Event&utm_content=Blog

The times are given in UTC :)

Edit:- Note that for the purpose of this event, each day begins at 12:00AM UTC and ends at 11:59PM UTC.
    Edited by freespirit on September 21, 2017 5:41PM
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • DontBeDead-Claw
    DontBeDead-Claw
    ✭✭✭

Thank you for replying to my post much appreciated.
  • PieMaster1
    PieMaster1
    ✭✭✭✭
    We must sacrifice one soul to the Harvest Lord in order to gain his favor.
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    again?

@ZOS what about you bring back to the store no more available items for 3 days? You know, for people like me who don't give a damn about crates and is not going to be interested even after the "freebies".

At least you could get some money from me bringing back items, this way you won't see a dime for sure.

And with my luck I could find in the free crates one of those awful skeletal mounts that just disgusts me to imagine in my collection. I may pass even to open them this time around.

Is there a way, in case I actually find one of those things, to refuse to pick them up so they won't be added to my mounts?
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see it was clarified...Now Im just going to run out of the bank in Stormhold once a day and kill one of those crocs in the riverbed.
    Edited by Korah_Eaglecry on September 21, 2017 6:16PM
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    What determines a monster? Is a enemy humanoid mob a monster? Is a Giant a monster? What about a Kagouti? Some of these I would internally not consider to be technically a monster. While things like a Wisp Mother or a Vampire to be monsters. Obviously that very well may differ from other players and even the developers.

I think they should really clarify what monster means here in their own terms and not use such a generic term that could encompass all of the mobs in the game or just a few.

From above:
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ClawmyName wrote: »
    What is ment by monsters or minions ?

Do dark anchors, world bosses and dungeon bosses count as them or is there special monsters and minions added in for the event ?

yes, it means, any enemy NPC (monster, boss, animal, etc, overland, in dungeons, dolmens, delves, trials, any), just PVP kills of other players do not count to this. so basically, you just log in, kill any enemy NPC and you get a free crown crate
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to see it was clarified...Now Im just going to run out of the bank in Stormhold once a day and kill one of those crocs in the riverbed.

yes, all of them. any enemy (except of PVP kills of other players).
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take the free crates, but won't buy them.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • nbksaske
    nbksaske
    ✭✭✭
    So, am i right in thinking this starts at 1am uk time?
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RANKK7 wrote: »
    again?

@ZOS what about you bring back to the store no more available items for 3 days? You know, for people like me who don't give a damn about crates and is not going to be interested even after the "freebies".

At least you could get some money from me bringing back items, this way you won't see a dime for sure.

And with my luck I could find in the free crates one of those awful skeletal mounts that just disgusts me to imagine in my collection. I may pass even to open them this time around.

Is there a way, in case I actually find one of those things, to refuse to pick them up so they won't be added to my mounts?

How dare they give away free stuff. This forum is nothing but snowflakes.
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grannas211 wrote: »
    again?

Aren't snowflakes considered unique, special? We really have to come up with another insulting term that's a wee bit more fitting.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could have saved some confusion and just said "kill any overland mob".
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do deer, rats, spiders, snakes, nixads, etc count?
    PC-NA
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moloch1514 wrote: »
    Do deer, rats, spiders, snakes, nixads, etc count?

I seriously doubt it as they are not enemies really. They are docile. I assume any non-player that has a red outline when you target them would count.

One grey area (or should I say yellow area?) would be NPCs like crabs that are yellow when targeted which are docile unless you attack and then they become hostile. Not sure if they would count.

But, really, there are so many easy to kill enemy NPCs, it should be super easy to find one and kill it each day.
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    @CreamedPieYum
    We must sacrifice one soul to the Harvest Lord in order to gain his favor.

I knew that shifty khajiit was some kind of daedric lord! appearing out of thin air like that! convincingly parting me with my hard earned money!

EDIT- He must be the elusive pay check harvester lol
    Edited by scipionumatia on September 21, 2017 8:53PM
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

Oh my Molag bal, where would we find a f scamp at this hour?
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do I get more crates if all toons get a kill?
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Megabear wrote: »

you monster...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    Megabear wrote: »

you monster...

*slams on sunglasses*
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sevn wrote: »
    again?

Aren't snowflakes considered unique, special? We really have to come up with another insulting term that's a wee bit more fitting.

No. That's the whole point. The metaphor special snowflake is used because every snowflake was said to be completely unique from every other snowflake but in the end they are all still just snowflakes...meaning "You're different....just like everyone else."

But anyways back on topic...
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sevn wrote: »
    again?

No. That's the whole point. The metaphor special snowflake is used because every snowflake was said to be completely unique from every other snowflake but in the end they are all still just snowflakes...meaning "You're different....just like everyone else."

But anyways back on topic...

And they are soft :)

Back on topic... I might manage to kill something for the next three days. In fact it would be hard to avoid it.