Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Discover the Reaper’s Harvest & Earn Free Crown Crates this Weekend"

• riberion
    riberion
    ✭✭✭
    From the article:

"The sale of these occult oddities and twisted treats are usually restricted as contraband goods, but in honor of the Witches Festival they may be freely sold or given as gifts."

Does this mean nothing from the crates will be bound? Did anyone else notice this little bit?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by riberion on September 21, 2017 4:48PM
    PC NA
  • Kaktus
    Kaktus
    ✭✭✭
    I know datamined doesn't imply it will ever actually be in the game, but does this mean the streaked white river braids will be crown store, or just never put in the game? I don't like the current white braids but if its my only chance at decent argonian long hair I'll have to get it before the current season expires...
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    riberion wrote: »
    From the article:

"The sale of these occult oddities and twisted treats are usually restricted as contraband goods, but in honor of the Witches Festival they may be freely sold or given as gifts."

Does this mean nothing from the crates will be bound? Did anyone else notice this little bit?

@ZOS_GinaBruno

I noticed it and reckoned that it referred to in-game "vendors" making their goods available openly. Not that players could sell/trade to each other.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • riberion
    riberion
    ✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    riberion wrote: »
    From the article:

@ZOS_GinaBruno

I noticed it and reckoned that it referred to in-game "vendors" making their goods available openly. Not that players could sell/trade to each other.

That's what I was hoping, but it also says "given as gifts" which implies to other players. Hoping for some clarification on it.
    PC NA
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    nice this:

Want to earn some of these creepy new crates for free? Log into the game and defeat any monster or minion every day, from Friday the 22nd until Sunday the 24th of September. Note that for the purpose of this event, each day begins at 12:00AM UTC and ends at 11:59PM UTC.

Just to be sure I get it right: I have to log in every day and kill just any monster, right?

Yes, any monster. Also note that player characters do not count.

So if one kills just one monster per day it's one crown crate? Sweet.

Mudcrabs, here i come.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Oberick
    Oberick
    ✭✭✭
    While the theme of the crate is not really my style gotta thank them for not putting 5 different flower hats in Reaper's Harvest Crown Crate like they did with all the other crate seasons.
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we please get the option to buy the super special ones with gems?

I have no interest in any of the mounts except the glowing green one, and just buying crates, even if I buy a thousand, doesn't mean I get what I want so I that not pull at all.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone tell me what is a "Murderous Strike" (legendary category)? I found pics of everything but that.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Slurg wrote: »
    I am looking for information about the Halloween/fall holiday in-game event - it sounds like this is not that?

We'll have info about this year's Witches Festival next month. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess the Witch Knight Charger isn't coming in a crown crate this season.

gp_crwn_mounts_witchknightcharger_1x1.jpg
  • Junkriid
    Junkriid
    ✭✭✭
    This is amazing! I hope I'll find something interesting but I have a question: can we obtain 1 crate each day for every character, so 24 in total with 8 characters or 3 crates in total per account?
    In their tongue, he's dovahkiin.. DRAGONBORN!
  • priforce
    priforce
    ✭✭✭
    AlMcFly wrote: »
    I guess the Witch Knight Charger isn't coming in a crown crate this season.

gp_crwn_mounts_witchknightcharger_1x1.jpg

I think that's either for next month or for the next holiday event.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Junkriid wrote: »
    This is amazing! I hope I'll find something interesting but I have a question: can we obtain 1 crate each day for every character, so 24 in total with 8 characters or 3 crates in total per account?

The crates are per account, not per character.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Menegroth
    Menegroth
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

So, just to clarify, we can only get a maximum of 3 crown crates during this event, right? Or is there a way to get more by killing more enemies each day?
    "I see", said the blind man
  • pvstijn
    pvstijn
    Does it have to be a world boss? Or is a delve boss also good?
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Putting the currently hardest to get motif into crown crates isn't the nicest move to be honest...
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pvstijn wrote: »
    Does it have to be a world boss? Or is a delve boss also good?

Any monster. It doesn't even have to be a boss.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One crab - one crown! (Edit: crate, dang. A kingdom for a horse.)

Let's just imagine that for a second.

No, I think that would be unfair because sorc is totally OP and the poor mudcrabs ...
    Edited by Rouven on September 21, 2017 6:05PM
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • priforce
    priforce
    ✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    Can we please get the option to buy the super special ones with gems?

I have no interest in any of the mounts except the glowing green one, and just buying crates, even if I buy a thousand, doesn't mean I get what I want so I that not pull at all.

So this is more-than-likely the rationale of the business end of things for crown crates -

The super-special apex mounts are available in crown crates in about a year's time just as the dromathra senche became available. It worked. The senche became a good reason why players got involved with crown crates, they wanted that rare mount that they saw but could not afford at the time. So the business-side of Zenimax sees this as a win so they are less likely to make these rare items available with the use of gems.

Now when it comes to why ZOS is gaining revenue through the crown crates as a sustainable business model is that the gameplay itself does pander to casuals and that has allowed the game to become much more accessible and grow its player-base. It's why they have been hesitant to allow our bankers to provide access to our guild banks, because they want the game to feel populous to the casuals. These metrics are what they want to present to their investors/shareholders/executives - their stakeholders, because at the end of the day - it's a job that pays their bills and feeds their families, and it's a cool-ass job to boot.

End-gamers, those of us who are in these forums, and hang on every word, natch pote :), reddit forum, twitch broadcast, and so on - we see the game as an investment, which means, we are less likely to spend money on other games. ESO is life for us. This is what makes MMO business models so attractive. We tend to not game-hop for every new Call of Duty or Destiny that comes out. So if we don't buy a new game per month - that's $60 per month, and $180 over a three-month period, which is the life-cycle of the crown crate season. That's $180 that we can potentially spend on crown crates, which is a lot of crowns. Once again, end-gamers like myself, have maxed out on every mount-upgrade, every bank space, we have decked out our homes/guildhalls, and all 14 of our characters are maxed out (they need to allow experience scrolls to be exchanged from the ones added to bundles - we don't need them, we tend to always be significantly above allowable CP level) - so what is there to buy other than vanity items and the yearly expansion?

This is who they are targeting - folks like me. I get it, and yes, it would be great if they fostered the "adopters" (serious gamers who haven't become end-gamers but are beginning to become us) customer base, which is why they include vanity items in gameplay, in-game gold purchasable mounts, and so on. They could do more, and they may have a plan in place. I did wish that we were able to trade in apex rewards we don't want. No reason for us to keep what we don't want.

Now if they could only refresh the reward system for Undaunted and Random Undaunted to include transmute crystals or at the least make them into a currency like Tel-Var. I've got 300 keys - what am I supposed to do with them if I have all the shoulder pieces and motifs I need?

In the end, it's all a balancing act based on consumer (player) behaviors and they have done a great job meeting everyone's needs.

Hope this helps! @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_RichLambert can chime in.
    Edited by priforce on September 21, 2017 7:11PM
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not interested.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we ever going to have elks again? By far the best mount made, missed my opportunity and now i'm waiting.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • priforce
    priforce
    ✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    Are we ever going to have elks again? By far the best mount made, missed my opportunity and now i'm waiting.

Datamining showed that a "doom" elk will become available, more than likely, during Witches Festival/Black Fredas.
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What counts as a 'monster'?

Daedra? Mudcrabs? Bandits?
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    priforce wrote: »

Datamining showed that a "doom" elk will become available, more than likely, during Witches Festival/Black Fredas.
    omg really. got a link?
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    priforce wrote: »

omg really. got a link?

Only this picture was datamined:

gp_crwn_mounts_greatdarkstag_1x1.jpg
    Edited by Tyrion87 on September 21, 2017 6:50PM
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vrienda wrote: »
    What counts as a 'monster'?

Daedra? Mudcrabs? Bandits?

My interpretation, everything not controlled by another player that could (theoretically) kill you. So not the doe with 1 hitpoint but all of the below:

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Creatures
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HA LOL!!!!!!!!! ZOS JUST GAVE THESE BOUYANT ARMIGER FARMERS A BLACK EYE!!!! YAAAAAYYYYYYY

Yeah, I know lots of people are going to be pissed about this. Farmers who have been grinding them for months have probably made enough gold on them by now anyway. lol
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    It cannot be a coincidence that they are doing this the same weekend as GW2's expansion launch ><

Ok, ZoS, you got me. I will find a few minutes each evening to go beat up an imp or mudcrab before dashing back to the multi-map desert.
  • Muttsmutt
    Muttsmutt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit has a theoretical question.

Should a Pocket Technician be rudely interrupted at work by the pocket owner and then violence results - will this count?

Also the Blade of Woe - this will count no?

Theoretical of course. Khajiit does not get caught ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

no no kitty, whatever he might have done, i wouldn't go as far as to call him a monster!
    best stick to real monsters- the ones with sharp teeth, grisly tails and deadly claws

or betty netches, those work too
    PC-EU // UNDEAD
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you. Very cool little weekend event idea.