The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Discover the Reaper’s Harvest & Earn Free Crown Crates this Weekend"

• beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    SASQUATCH0 wrote: »
    Are those first 3 apex mounts the super rare ones? Like the ebon dwarven senche etc.?

Yeah apparently they are.
    PC NA
    CP 690

EP Dunmer MagDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer MagSorc Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Argonian DK Tank Level 50, Boethiah's Scythe
    EP Breton Templar Healer Level 50
    EP Khajiit StamDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer Magblade Level 50, Assistant Alienist
    EP Argonian Stamden Level 50, Lady of Misrule (pvp)
    EP Dunmer Stamblade Level 50
    DC Redguard Stamplar
    AD Altmer Magwarden Healer

vMA, vDSA, vSO HM, vHRC HM, vAA, vAS+1, vMoL
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good stuff. Looking forward to it!
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    why dont they have crates and/or the rewards on PTS for testing?

dont get to see all animations in previews

I support this idea. I could pointlessly open crates and get cool things that I can never keep. But yeah, it would give you a way to check things out.

Honestly it might help Zeni sell crown crates because if someone got something on PTS and they fell in love with it, they might go back to live and buy some crates trying to get the same item.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    Crown Crafting Motif 47: Buoyant Armiger Style

That is all.

Does this mean the prices will drop lol
    @SASQUATCH0 nope, as these are all bound so the only effect it will potentially have on the in game economy is the cost charged for crafting in that style and maybe a few less people with the demand for it (but there will still be enough for it to be crazy price).
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    CGPsaint wrote: »

That is all.

Does this mean the prices will drop lol
    @SASQUATCH0 nope, as these are all bound so the only effect it will potentially have on the in game economy is the cost charged for crafting in that style and maybe a few less people with the demand for it (but there will still be enough for it to be crazy price).

Oh ok, cuz farmin these motifs has been a good source of income for me lol
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cool! I will log in and kill everything in sight.

Question: By Monsters, does that not include npcs or human/mer enemies?
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    nice this:

Want to earn some of these creepy new crates for free? Log into the game and defeat any monster or minion every day, from Friday the 22nd until Sunday the 24th of September. Note that for the purpose of this event, each day begins at 12:00AM UTC and ends at 11:59PM UTC.

Just to be sure I get it right: I have to log in every day and kill just any monster, right?

Yes, any monster. Also note that player characters do not count.

Have you been to Cyrodiil? Some of them (us) ARE monsters!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »

I support this idea. I could pointlessly open crates and get cool things that I can never keep. But yeah, it would give you a way to check things out.

Honestly it might help Zeni sell crown crates because if someone got something on PTS and they fell in love with it, they might go back to live and buy some crates trying to get the same item.
    I think it's so we can't spam-buy hundreds and thousands of crates for free, thus getting a large sample size to calculate drop rates from.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Giraffon wrote: »

I think it's so we can't spam-buy hundreds and thousands of crates for free, thus getting a large sample size to calculate drop rates from.

then just give every acct enough crown gems to purchase the items and test them
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    trowlk wrote: »
    Will I keep the last crate season gems that didn't use?

Absolutely, you keep your gems.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • priforce
    priforce
    ✭✭✭
    I was really hoping for the Yokudan motif for crown crates this time around. Dark Brotherhood has been offered in the past. Hopefully it will come out next month as a crown store limited offering.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    trowlk wrote: »
    Will I keep the last crate season gems that didn't use?

Yes, any Gems you currently have will carry over.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    nice this:

Want to earn some of these creepy new crates for free? Log into the game and defeat any monster or minion every day, from Friday the 22nd until Sunday the 24th of September. Note that for the purpose of this event, each day begins at 12:00AM UTC and ends at 11:59PM UTC.

Just to be sure I get it right: I have to log in every day and kill just any monster, right?

Yes, any monster. Also note that player characters do not count.

But Gina, aren't we players the real monsters?
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • alithium8
    alithium8
    Soul Shriven
    Please tell me this will work on xbox also?! :o
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please tell me that instant crown research, all isn't what I think it is..

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • mystfit
    mystfit
    ✭✭✭
    Another chance at the sweetroll, yay! I want that little guy so bad!
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please tell me that instant crown research, all isn't what I think it is..

@ZOS_GinaBruno

P2W? :trollface:
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wonder what will be the new Nix Hound of this season...
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gan Xing wrote: »
    Question: By Monsters, does that not include npcs or human/mer enemies?
    I'm going to refer to this list: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Monsters
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »
    Wasn't it five crates last time just for logging in?

Now I have to log in and kill a mob and only three crates?

What's the next step? One crate for a world boss?

Lol - I'm being a little facetious of course, it's great that there is an opportunity the earn some free ones, but I'm not going to applaud the appetizer too much :D

Last time only ESO+ subscribers could earn the crates. This time it looks like everyone can participate. I like that they are trying different things to see what will make crates more appealing to more people!
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this for real? Like for really real...? All that time spent farming it, having only one last page to go and they offer free crates that have a chance to include that? :(

Also @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, is there any way that if we get the apex mounts from these that we could maybe trade them in for gems, if we don't want them? Same thing with previous season's apex or extra-super rare mounts?
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Froil wrote: »

Is this for real? Like for really real...? All that time spent farming it, having only one last page to go and they offer free crates that have a chance to include that? :(

Also @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, is there any way that if we get the apex mounts from these that we could maybe trade them in for gems, if we don't want them? Same thing with previous season's apex or extra-super rare mounts?

Some of us logged our chests (I know I have). I've opened nearly 150 in the last two days alone, and me personally, have never gotten a single page of the motif. And I've completed Vvardenfell on all the toons I've used to open the chests. RNG is a cruel mistress - I'm happy you have gotten so many pages, but you spare little thought for those of us who have zero and worked probably equally as hard.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aeslief wrote: »
    Wasn't it five crates last time just for logging in?

Now I have to log in and kill a mob and only three crates?

What's the next step? One crate for a world boss?

Lol - I'm being a little facetious of course, it's great that there is an opportunity the earn some free ones, but I'm not going to applaud the appetizer too much :D

Last time only ESO+ subscribers could earn the crates. This time it looks like everyone can participate. I like that they are trying different things to see what will make crates more appealing to more people!

Forgot about that part! Good catch.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dEUY0yo.jpg
    Master Craftsman!
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger
    north lynx north lynx
    a badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger
    north lynx north lynx
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger
    oh snake it's a snake ooooooh an interlace snake but mostly
    a badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger...
    - summary of crate opening thread
    signing off
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With zero luck with the BA motif, was hoping it would be for sale in the Crown Store at some point, even if limited time. My fear was that it would end up in the crates - fear realized. As much as I want that motif, I'm not spending a dime on any crate to try and get it. So, it's back to farming chests, but more likely gold to afford these things - prices start at 150K for belts on XB.

These free crates offers are nice, and I will participate, but they don't entice me to purchase even a single crate. Maybe I'll be lucky to pull a BA motif from the three I get. More than likely, I'll get one of the MANY items I do NOT want. There are far too many tattoos in these things - I don't use 'em, don't want 'em. And none of the mounts I want, nor the sallets. I would like to have the Sheo costume. Already have dragon warrior and some other things. Overall...meh.

EDIT: If they'd give us the option to exchange cosmetics that we don't have but ABSOLUTELY don't want, for a reduced rate (perhaps half what we would get if we already had it in our collection), that would make these things slightly more attractive to me. As it is, I just don't want to fill my collection with crap that I would NEVER EVER use. I already have one - one of those stupid flower caps.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on September 21, 2017 4:27PM
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am looking for information about the Halloween/fall holiday in-game event - it sounds like this is not that?
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • WolfTickets
    WolfTickets
    ✭✭
    I really hope those two skull sallets look different from the one we spent countless hours in Bloodroot Forge to get. It would really be a shame if an achievement award could not be distinguished from a cash hat.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nixhound vol 2 commence! Taking bets on what the Nixhound will be.

Don't say the N-word!! You'll curse us all!

DOOOOOOOOOM
    I'd bet on it being the Crow’s Calling, with the higher grade momentos following close behind.

At least lots of duplicates means lots of gems.
    PC EU