Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[HOTR] Healers - Best Master resto staff trait(s)?

• WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    I just did my 2nd run and got infused. To be honest, I'm going to gold out my powered. Anything is better than my crappy maelstrom defending xD

What platform do you play on? In PC/EU most people I know would have golded their vDSA staves with decent traits in a heartbeat, to try them all out.

I'm on PS4, speaking with some really good healers, powered is pretty much the best in slot? Infused is OK but the extra heal % is beneficial as infused is only a little bit more stam returned which was already a decent amount.

Powered & Precise perform pretty similarly, I've heard from these healers so I'm going with powered.

I'll keep my infused around in case i am in a dungeon with 2 stam DD's and the extra stam would be worth it but otherwise I'll just use powered in trials etc

Powered will give you more then double the average healing that precise does at base. 9% vs around 3.5% more healing. This is the average increase, which depends on your crit rate and crit hit damage but in general, this is around the truth.

The Stam return is *THE* reason that the master resto is so sought after, so any improvement to it is great. Infused takes the 258 and makes it 335. That is pretty substantial. You really ought to be fine with the actual healing strength that you have without the 9% from powered.

I dunno, I'm just going for healers I've worked with in HM Vso and who have done Vmol etc... with the powered staff... If it works for them it works for me and I'm not min/maxing, I've already made it gold now ;D can't be bothered golding out the infused staff too.... like I said I may just use it if I have dungeon runs with 2x stam but otherwise keep the gold powered on.

No kidding it works for them, they are probably quality players already and an extra 9% healing is wasted. Just because they are good healers doesn't mean they know what is best or what would work for you or me.

Well I feel like I play the same, it's really not hard to heal :P You just spam your rotation, use heavy attacks to regenerate, use healing springs, have decent gear, keep an eye on the health bars, buff the group etc.... not too hard to be honest, I've now healed some veteran trials with no issue so I'm fine with powered.

I think it actually is pretty decent. I used infused too but didn't really notice a difference. Like I said, it works on veteran trials with the rest of the gear, no problem. Thanks for your somewhat pessimistic response though :P

So if you don't notice the difference in heals, why not have the one that give more resources to your team? You are going to do what you are going to do but remember you came here to ask what is better. With the answers given, you can see most say infused with the master resto is best and you are just like nah, I know some *other*, better people that know more then you and I am just going to do what they do. So yeah, you can see how that would lead one to be pessimistic.

No, I don't see a majority of infused actually, youtube videos, players in game, players responding here, friends that heal; I have a mixture of infused, defending (by a few that love it) powered, precise, all being very close, I think minus defending. I'm saying I didnt notice the difference in the healing vs the resources back to my team; the team I was with still cleared the vet trial with no issue, so I feel like the infused didn't really help them out too much?

I dont know, I did ask for opinions and I think I got them; the fact that it was a mixed response helped me to just keep powered. It doesn't really matter anyway, I just wondered if there was a big difference. Case closed :P

You do know. Are we reading the same stuff? I see infused as best in more posts then not. And I wouldn't even bothered to respond but you put that emoji at the end like a teanage girl.

I don't think theres much in it, when I made this post I didn't know much which is why I was asking opinions; since then I've been speaking to healers who run vMol and vHof and they're telling me powered is a close #1 so I don't understand why you keep telling me about infused; it's fine, I don't think its best in slot, I don't think powered is, they're probably isn't a best in slot.

"Like a teenage girl" lighten up a bit mate its only a colon with a P. Ya big nerd
    "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just want to revive this and add that with next update Infused will not buff the effects of the Master Restoration staff as it is no longer a Enchantment but instead a 1piece item set. So Powered will in CWC be the preferred trait by almost all in my opinion. Unless you want to use an enchantment to proc something else like Crusher, Shock or Weakening, which is done on back bar destro anyway, then Charged or Infused could still be handy. Still I think Powered is the better choice.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yet the set bonus was not buffed, and it's still lackluster. I mean 250 stamina on a 10K pool it's barely noticeable. They should have at least doubled that as they did for the bonuses of some other weapons.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |