Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Great House motifs stealth nerfed...?

Marabornwingrion
Marabornwingrion
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Since recent patch (3.1.8) many people noticed that these motif pages drop less frequently than before the patch.
My friend used to get at least 5 pages in 3 hours of stealing, now after 5 hours he didn't get any single one.
He also asked in his trading guild and many people confirmed that the drop rate seems lower.

How about you guys? Have you noticed any changes in Hlaalu/Redoran/Telvanni motif drop rates after recent patch?

Great House motifs stealth nerfed...? 42 votes

I'm getting less motif pages after recent patch.
97%
SorianaMojmirCpt_TeemoAzuryaIruil_ESORalen ixieNebthet78Sheezabeaststarlizard70ub17_ESOxenowarrior92eb17_ESOWingTeridaxusj3crowTyvarraWildWilburHvzedaEnemy-of-ColdharbourmanavortexEarelith 41 votes
I'm getting more motif pages after recent patch.
2%
Apherius 1 vote
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never looted one so :/
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the "I have not noticed a difference option"?..

For me its remained pretty static at maybe one-two per hour, i did have one three hour session where i received zero but the next day it balanced itself out again, rng i guess.

Its still making me around 1m per week in guild store sales so i cant grumble.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's probably the same as always with RNG that it's some randomly bad luck and everyone is looking for a rationalisation for it.

From my knowledge ZOS has never stealth nerfed anything and it doesn't benefit them to do so because if it ever got out they would destroy their credibility.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would have voted for the "it's about the same" or "I haven't noticed a difference" option if there was such a choice. I managed to steal all 3 of the motif sets, so now I'm going for resale and don't really keep track. In a couple of hours stealing, 3 or 4 days a week, I do alright. Some days the RNG is disappointing, other days it's very good. I'm actually within striking distance of the 1 million in stolen goods sales achievement because of the Vvardenfell motif looting. Since there's nothing else going in the game until the Halloween event and the Clockwork City DLC, I might hit that thievery goal. B)
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have yet to get one...
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO has a strange RNG.

Some things are more easy to find..others no.

Remember what was the most often drop from the free crates ? Nix hound pet.

So...somewhat ESO has a "controlled" RNG.

I think those page motifs has the same drop rate like Aetheric Cipher . Since november 2016 I never see a single Aetheric Cipher drop.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agalloch wrote: »
    That one was actually explained by @Enodoc I believe. It had something to do with the fact it was the only pet in the quality level if I remember correctly.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one of those polls thats missing the correct options. as usual.
  • Vimora
    Vimora
    ✭✭✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    one of those polls thats missing the correct options. as usual.

Exactly. No change was made.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You need to add

"No motifs"

I haven't noticed a difference :/
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I looted one motif per 80 pickpocket/murder attempts and i do like 40-60 per day before logging off so any bounty wears off.
    Not a single motif the last days yet.
  • Insomnia rex
    Insomnia rex
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    It's probably the same as always with RNG that it's some randomly bad luck and everyone is looking for a rationalisation for it.

From my knowledge ZOS has never stealth nerfed anything and it doesn't benefit them to do so because if it ever got out they would destroy their credibility.

Pet health regen :P (to be fair they changed it later on).
    CP630 AR20 PC EU, Alt Mag Sorc AD - Insomnicia Rex
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    FYI: We double checked and did not change the drop rate of these Motifs in the new patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess we have all just been having really bad RNG this week then... (is there a dubious emoticon?)
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI: We double checked and did not change the drop rate of these Motifs in the new patch.

Maybe you need to check if the algorithm for the RNG functionality is not bugged?
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same good drop rates as usual.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing since first round beta and the RnG in this game is my biggest pain point.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not only the house motifs but the BA seems to have been nerfed to the ground too, spent about 7 hours today with 0 pages, usually find 2-3 a day
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have grinded for ~8 hours at their release and didn't find a single one. Haven't tried again and just bought them. But the point is, it can easily be bad luck.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    I have grinded for ~8 hours at their release and didn't find a single one. Haven't tried again and just bought them. But the point is, it can easily be bad luck.

True, guess ill keep at it and see
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It just reminds me of the terrible freaking rng with the DBH decorations that should be all BoE well I might add imo not just the candles the 1 Heart I only need for my only DBH setup in my primary house which haven't found one in over 4 months and been trying to get one every day.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please open the locked doors in balmora and vivec to help thieving traffic in vvardenfell
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agalloch wrote: »
    ESO has a strange RNG.

Some things are more easy to find..others no.

So...somewhat ESO has a "controlled" RNG.

I think those page motifs has the same drop rate like Aetheric Cipher . Since november 2016 I never see a single Aetheric Cipher drop.

there are plenty of people that have never seen an aetheric cipher drop, expecting one to drop is like winning the lottery

to the op, i personally dont try to loot cause i think its a waste of time, but ive seen them at 50k and now see them dropping in price in the 30k range
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    Not only the house motifs but the BA seems to have been nerfed to the ground too, spent about 7 hours today with 0 pages, usually find 2-3 a day

Buoyant price seems to become higher lately. I've seen ~150k-ish a few weeks after Morrowind patch, and now they cost at least 250 (I saw chest motifs being sold for 400k and more).
    I dont know if thats related to droprate, though, or maybe people just realized how rare these motifs are, but...
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »

Buoyant price seems to become higher lately. I've seen ~150k-ish a few weeks after Morrowind patch, and now they cost at least 250 (I saw chest motifs being sold for 400k and more).
    I dont know if thats related to droprate, though, or maybe people just realized how rare these motifs are, but...

Yeah I noticed that too was cheaper before but now more expensive, 1 being they're in MW's now, also I would guess people had time to make more gold than before as well so another reason it could've gone up more.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A-HA. So you do adjust the drop rates. You're busted Gina.

• Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It seems kind of weird that developers on the inside need to double check what they did or didn't do.
    love is love
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems kind of weird that developers on the inside need to double check what they did or didn't do.

Gina is Community Manager not a Developer, so yes she needs to double check if something like that has changed.
  • CyborgPlatypus
    CyborgPlatypus
    ✭✭✭
    I only seem to get dres stuff. Not Telvanni, which is way cooler.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

I hate to break your trust but ZOS DOES stealth nerf things when needed. Like master writs since HOTR patch. 2-10-voucher-writs are as common as before but 50+ voucher writs have become *extremely* rare, let alone 100+ voucher writs. And I have enough time and enough characters doing writs to say for sure it's not bad RNG. It is statistically valid.

They can't say it openly because obviously, there's a link between the master writ vouchers and the crown store (via, for instance, target dummies).

I'm not mad about it or anything, but just, saying that ZOS never stealth nerfs anything is just wrong :)