The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Great House motifs stealth nerfed...?

• IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    It's probably the same as always with RNG that it's some randomly bad luck and everyone is looking for a rationalisation for it.

From my knowledge ZOS has never stealth nerfed anything and it doesn't benefit them to do so because if it ever got out they would destroy their credibility.

I hate to break your trust but ZOS DOES stealth nerf things when needed. Like master writs since HOTR patch. 2-10-voucher-writs are as common as before but 50+ voucher writs have become *extremely* rare, let alone 100+ voucher writs. And I have enough time and enough characters doing writs to say for sure it's not bad RNG. It is statistically valid.

They can't say it openly because obviously, there's a link between the master writ vouchers and the crown store (via, for instance, target dummies).

I'm not mad about it or anything, but just, saying that ZOS never stealth nerfs anything is just wrong :)

Of course they do so, anyone who does any kind of activity with some regularity can see that, for example the drop of housing blueprints: they nerfed the drop chance with the update that removed Decorative Wax from urns, also the drop rate in Vwardenfell was increased with the HotR patch.

BTW, adding the Militant Ordinator style to the list of style for writs is a massive slap into the face of most crafters considering that the style is virtually non-existant for 99.9999% of the players (yes, I'm annoyed after getting two writs in a row for that style ...)
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's probably the same as always with RNG that it's some randomly bad luck and everyone is looking for a rationalisation for it.

From my knowledge ZOS has never stealth nerfed anything and it doesn't benefit them to do so because if it ever got out they would destroy their credibility.

I hate to break your trust but ZOS DOES stealth nerf things when needed. Like master writs since HOTR patch. 2-10-voucher-writs are as common as before but 50+ voucher writs have become *extremely* rare, let alone 100+ voucher writs. And I have enough time and enough characters doing writs to say for sure it's not bad RNG. It is statistically valid.

They can't say it openly because obviously, there's a link between the master writ vouchers and the crown store (via, for instance, target dummies).

I'm not mad about it or anything, but just, saying that ZOS never stealth nerfs anything is just wrong :)

Hmm I have totally different experience with the master writs. Since HotR I've got 4 master writs of 100+ vouchers each. Before HotR I got such good master writs only twice... since homestead! And I do all crafting writs every single day (on one char) while my knowledge of motifs has not changed (I very rarely learn motifs, selling them most of the time). So from my experience, the drop rate of valuable master writs has significantly increased since HotR.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agalloch wrote: »
    Remember what was the most often drop from the free crates ? Nix hound pet.
    That one was actually explained by @Enodoc I believe. It had something to do with the fact it was the only pet in the quality level if I remember correctly.
    Yep, I have a thread about it over here.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    the update that removed Decorative Wax from urns

Uhh...they didn't remove decorative wax from the urns in Vvardenfell. I loot Dreloth's tomb regularly for the furnishing plans, and regularly get wax.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm getting less motif pages after recent patch.
    While perhaps the drop rate of the actual motifs have not changed... I am finding I am getting a lot more green food recipes, and lockpicks from pickpocketing than ever before.

By the way... I thought lockpicks dropping from pickpocketing was something that was suppose to be fixed in a patch like last year or so when Thieves Guild came up.. That's a bad reward for the risk of pickpocketing.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I last farmed Great House motifs about 10 days ago, before the IC event started.

Today I resumed my farming using 4 thieves. Thief #1 got a motif page on her first stab. Thief #2 got a motif page on his first stab. Thief #3 got a motif page on her third stab. Thief #4 got a motif page on his seventh stab.

I take my pages to the laundry as soon as I get them, and move on to the next thief. This whole round of thieving took less than 40 minutes.

Needless to say it's the best results I have had to date, but not all that much different to my experience prior to the patch.

PC EU