Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion thread for "Clockwork City and Update 16 Preview"

• ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smaxx wrote: »
    Well, we others who didn't (or don't want to) spend that time still don't have that BiS item. So we'll have to wait till October or possibly longer (to get the crystals as well), while you had your gear all those months as a reward for farming.

What a sacrifice, having to wait till october to get all BiS without doing anything!
    Edited by ManDraKE on September 6, 2017 2:49PM
  • Brazilionaire
    Brazilionaire
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who hates PVE, I freaking love this new system. It makes it 8/9x more probable you'll get an item you can use in PVP or convert it into one. You may still have to grind a little bit to get the crystals, but at least you don't have to really on some stupid RNG once you have the base item.
    Thank you for listening, ZOS.
    Brazilionaire [PC-NA]
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom - couple questions:
    * Will the transmute crystals be BOA?
    * Will transmute crystals be available for purchase on the crown store?
    * Any idea what release transmogrification will be included in?
    * Any new housing items/houses? Other than the transmute station?
    * Will Dwemer frames be easier to come by with a clockwork-themed DLC?
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really curious about the new motifs. From the screenshots, it seems there'll be one akin to Sotha Sil's outfit, and something that looks like Elven armor.
    Now, ZOS has a history of showing/promoting styles that are not available during that update, so I don't think we'll see Elven armor with CWC, also because it doesn't make sense thematically. But it gives us an idea what they are working on for the future, including the yet unreleased Tsaesci style.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • SluggoV2
    SluggoV2
    ✭✭✭
    I think there should be a writ voucher price for Transmutation Crystals.

I vote for the Iron Price...
  • Alucu
    Alucu
    ✭✭✭
    Are those balance changes mentioned in the blog of a deep scope like the ones in morrowind and horns of the reach?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Building communities since 2017

Para los Jugadores Hispanos: LA FUNDACION GM
    For advanced PvE: DRAGON VOID Officer
    For advanced PvP: PROJECT NOVA Member
  • Madrajin
    Madrajin
    Jaeysa wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom - couple questions:
    * Any new housing items/houses? Other than the transmute station?

ZOS, we need large cogs. Dwemer ruins are filled with them and the only furnishing recipes for cogs are tiny. Any new Dwemer themed furnishings would be very welcome.
    * Will Dwemer frames be easier to come by with a clockwork-themed DLC?

I have crafted two complete sets of Dwemer armour for myself using in total just 14 frames in the few years I've been playing ESO. Now I've burnt through over a hundred just making a couple of items of furniture in a couple of weeks. I need many many more. ZOS please either lower the number of frames needed for Dwemer furnishings or make them a lot easier to come by.

Here's hoping to discovering new Dwemer lore from the Clockwork City, and not recycled snippets from earlier elder scrolls games.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's a place in Wrothgar where you can reliably farm dwemer frames. Quite easy, just have to complete a few chores given by a midget Daedra :D
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    * Will they introduce Falkreath hold/Bloodroot forge motifs ?( 100% drop chance in HM )
    * Will they introduce Vhof motif ?( weekly box )
    * How will you do about fish ( VERY important question )? dwarven fish in oil ?
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    * Will they introduce Falkreath hold/Bloodroot forge motifs ?( 100% drop chance in HM )
    * Will they introduce Vhof motif ?( weekly box )
    * How will you do about fish ( VERY important question )? dwarven fish in oil ?

Well the motif will be one of the reasons I that will make me start doing them. At this moment there is really no motivation for me besides the quite ugly hat and skin. Lava skin or even no skin was passable. Simple minded savage painted skin and cow's skull it's not.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The screenshot look beautiful ..
    697636ea8e59628e08b3192fead1b1ec4c5cd3.jpg
    This would be awesome to see this added to the " Wall paper " section.

btw , I want you to know that Hew's ban ... Orsinium .. Gold coast don't have their Bank/merchant / craft station very close to each other , and it's why i don't see so much people there contrary to Vivec/grathwood/Mournhold where all these thing are very close and make the town alive .. it's very sad :/
    As we can see on the screenshot above Clock work city look beautiful ...and this would be just awesome to see the town full of live and not just at the realease and near the retrait station. So plz ... make it so we won't need to have more than 1 loading screen to acess to all the stations and the banker + the merchants .

Edited by Apherius on September 11, 2017 4:32PM
  • Smith4HirePmMe2Order
    I was super excited for this update when i heard that we could change traits on items.

... Then i found out how they were going to implement it, and it totally crushed any & all interest i had for the update.
    Now im actually pretty mad & salty..

Zos i know a-lot of people like doing pve, but ALOT of other people HATE PVE, heck some don't even like combat.
    How the heck are the humble PVPer, Crafter, Roleplayers, OR Housing builders suppose to get these gems now??
    And its not like we can trade our gear to our Dungeon running friends because most of them HATE crafting.. so no one is winning here. Heck is a trait swapped item even trade able??

PLEASE fix this by simply making the trait changing Gems tradeable.

Thank you.

Edit: i just read a post above me about a "style changer", This is also a good idea. Ied love to someday see one added to the game, along with jewellery crafting. Even if we cant upgrade jewellery color, ied still like to be able to make crafted set jewellery. Maybe allow us to pick what color we want while we make the jewellery, that way it can match the crafted jewellery to the rarity color of our sets, without messing up the prices of the super rare drop jewellery from world and dungeons.

We don't always need SUPER crazy huge content that took the entire dev team months to make. sometimes the smallest quality of life additions have the biggest effects.
    Thats my 2 cents. Thanks for reading 0/
    Edited by Smith4HirePmMe2Order on September 25, 2017 11:42AM
    Quality of life changes that desperately need to happen in order make ESO Better for everyone!
    Forget new content for awhile & forget adding new DLC, this is a list of what is actually needed in the game.
    1: Change the ESO+ Housing item limit from 2x to 3x. (preferably 4x)
    2: Add a working Exit wayshrine item for housing.
    (Needs to be added as a special achievement item for finding all wayshrines in the game, & should use the same slots & operate the exit shrines in cyro, where you cant port to them but you can use them to leave the house and go anywhere u want)
    3: Add a GUILD Banker & Store NPC for housing.
    (willing to pay 5k crowns if it does both Or 2.5k crowns each if they split them and have 2 Npcs(1 for each banker/store))
    4: Add Writ boards and Writ Drop-off's for housing.
    (willing to pay 2.5k crowns for each board+1k crowns per Drop off box=11k total crowns
    5: Cut the crown price of Mundus stones IN HALF, and refund the difference in crowns to the few people who have already bought them.
    (If Zo$ was my dog, ied roll up a news paper and smack you in the nose repeatedly for this. 4k per stone x13 stones? what were you thinking?!!
    6: Multi Attuneable crafting stations. (this one change will solve so many issues with item limits. Make it so you have to 'feed' existing attuned tables to the new station to unlock its drop down effects. This kills 2 birds with 1 stone.)
    7: Change the amount of transmutation gems needed to change a trait from 50 to 10, Increase the drop rates of all Geode sources by 10x.
    8: Release more crafting recipes in the game for housing, Dark elf bed of coals/Outdoor and indoor fires/Orcish Column Brazier/Imperial Forge/Beehives/Grape vinyards/smaller greenhouse than the one currently ingame (half the size), We know they are already in the game. These were on the original housing PTS then like 60% of the good stuff disappeared when housing hit the live server.
    9: ESO+ life time membership option.
    10: Permanent craft bag unlock for crowns.
    11: REMOVE BIND ON PICKUP FOR EVERYTHING EXCEPT QUEST ITEMS! PLZ ABOLISH THIS TRASH RESTRICTION!!! Change all current non quest BOP items to BOE. PvPers don't like being forced to run pve for gear, and pve-ers don't like being forced to run pvp for their gear either. The solution is so simple let people run the content they like and trade their drops on the open market..
    12: Add New Fishing rods that you can unlock with bonuses for catching rate fish. spending 6 hours trying to get ONE blue fish using all of the buffs currently available is cancer, especially when you have to do this for 12 fish per zone times 40+ zones. In-fact just overhaul fishing totally and make it like Farcry 5 where you KNOW exactly which holes and locations the each of the rares will spawn. Make the T2 bait ACTUALLY & NOTICEABLY WORK, and combine it with better rods & better fishing related food buff so we can just reel in the rare fish like crazy. Even with all that its still gonna take a week or more of grinding to get all the fish, but thats better than a LITERAL FREAKING YEAR of fishing just for a housing boat item that doesn't even do anything...
    13: Playable Games inside houses (basically just make all the decorative game furnishings actually intractable so we can play against other players. This would give a nice bump to housing utility and community building, RPers would also probably appreciate this).
    14: A 'Port to Guild House' Option on the main guild page.
    15: Add Functional Things to housing/guild halls that your guild can contribute to unlock as a group effort. An example of stuff would be like a 5% damage buff during overland content for all guild members, or buffs for dungeons/trails. Another example would be unlock tokens for people with super hard to get achievements like someone with the grand master fisher, they could donate a token to the guild that unlocks usable fishing plots inside the guild that the GM/House owner could place down. This would then let people travel to the guild hall and collect a Daily account Limit from housing harvesting nodes. Nothing crazy that would break the economy, just like 30 or so resources from each daily harvest able nodes for each of the skills. It would be even better if they were special enhanced versions of the normal ore/wood etc. that gave a refining bonus for tempers like double the chance to get tempers. (double the chance to get tempers on such a small amount of resources wouldn't actually make a big impact on economy, but the COOL factor would be off the charts so i see no reason why this couldn't be done).
    16: Solo Dungeons, Much like solo trials this would be a 1 person equivalent of a 4 person dungeon. It would be even cooler if you could have your new companion NPC come with you on these, but we will have to see how good that companion system is first.
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Yay,gotta grind vet content for the crystals.gauranteed drop? they account bound too? Seriously,wtf does everything have to involve grinding? Can no developer come up with a better system?

Extreme lack of creativity and innovation is why the current mmorpg market is lackluster across the board. All general features are regurgitated from something another mmorpg has already done, and progressively more focus is being put on busywork (grinding) in order to ensure those subscription/active player metrics are continually maintained.