Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do your characters know each other, or are they related?

Vezelle
Vezelle
You can have at least 8 characters if I'm correct. But do you roleplay that your characters know each other or are related. And also how do they interact?
For example

I have two main characters, a High Elf and a Dark Elf both in AD. Vezelle is the Dark Elf and Her friend Hydria is the High Elf. Before the s*** hit the fan and Oblivion started fallening from the sky. Hydria and Vezelle both lived in the Imperial city. Hydria is actually a immigrant from mainland Summerset and Vezelle is an Imperi native born, her father was an Imperial and her mother a Dark Elf. They both got sacrificed, and you know what happens from there.

But I pretend they each do about have the alliance and Main quests. I will buy them each their own home and give their friend a room in that home. That explains why they may share the same pets or mounts.

Do you guys do this if so I'd like you to share and give examples, we're always learning.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine my 7 toons are interacting like Fleetwood Mac (in their prime) when I log off, but my imagination is as far as it gets lol.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Eduard_Rodric
    Eduard_Rodric
    ✭✭✭
    Mine all the same family Rodric, my main´s
    Eduard Rodric -> High elf Templar vampire 307 years old the grandfather.
    Eduard Rodric -> High elf Sorcerer the father 104 years old.
    Eduard Rodric -> Imperial nightblade the son 40 years old

And the others are the family too
  • agingerinohio
    agingerinohio
    ✭✭✭
    I have two identical twin Altmer's. One is my Templar healer and the other is my DAD mag sorc/master crafter. They are both as short as the sliders will allow with a backstory their mother is a Breton and father Altmer. Separated at birth due to the Work Cult forces over running their birthplace and ultimately their parents passed away. Story still developing but that's what I have so far lol. My other Altmer is a mag blade thief that I am thinking about tieing into the twins story.
  • CrisXD
    CrisXD
    ✭✭✭
    I actually haven't done this but me and my mate were joking about the idea of our ESO characters being ancestors to our Skyrim characters as the Skyrim events are something like a 1000 years after the ESO events.
    PS4 EU
    Tamriel Dance Masters:
    AD - Altmer MagSorc, Altmer Magplar, Redguard StamBlade(PVP)
    EP - Nord Tank, Altmer MagSorc(PVP), Dunmer MagBlade(PVP)
    DC - Redguard StamWarden, Breton MagDK

GM - The Taverneers PS4 EU

Feeling Fresh Traders PS4 EU
  • Vezelle
    Vezelle
    I actually haven't done this but me and my mate were joking about the idea of our ESO characters being ancestors to our Skyrim characters as the Skyrim events are something like a 1000 years after the ESO events.

You know espicially with Elves it could be tge grandparents
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some of mine know each other or are related. Others are related to some of my best friend's characters. I've got all available spaces filled at the moment, kind of wish I could buy more. I like to make tabletop RPG expies in video games like this. ;)
  • CrisXD
    CrisXD
    ✭✭✭
    Vezelle wrote: »

You know espicially with Elves it could be tge grandparents

That is true!
    PS4 EU
    Tamriel Dance Masters:
    AD - Altmer MagSorc, Altmer Magplar, Redguard StamBlade(PVP)
    EP - Nord Tank, Altmer MagSorc(PVP), Dunmer MagBlade(PVP)
    DC - Redguard StamWarden, Breton MagDK

GM - The Taverneers PS4 EU

Feeling Fresh Traders PS4 EU
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely do this. :)

I have 11 characters (I have the 8 original slots, and then three more purchased from the Crown store) of various backgrounds and affiliations. They each have their own personalities, goals, and biases... however, they at some point met one another and now work for the same adventuring company (which has always been my justification for why my characters share a bank). I even have backstories on how they came across the company, like how the Dominion chapter head noticed the thief breaking into a bank and hired her on the spot as the "acquisitions officer," or how my elderly healer saved my knight's life, and now the latter feels honor-bound to act as the former's bodyguard and aide. It was all started by my main--a dunmer assassin--purely as a means to help her retrieve her soul from Molag Baal, but has since grown into a Tamriel-wide source of good deeds and Daedra slaying.

That said, none of my girls are related, family-wise. But there are family-like relationships, especially between the Dunmer assassin and the elderly Argonian who used to be her nanny. It's a long story, but rest assured the relationship is quite adorable. :)
    Edited by BlackSparrow on August 16, 2017 4:38PM
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah...I and my sweetie do this a LOT.

He started playing first, and most of his characters were Male High Elves, family name Caemaire. He has a few sets of twins in there; the oldest being Akiro (sorc, old, ornery, acting head of the family) and his brother Akira (DK, now currently head of an Orsimer Clan - messy backstory involving the destruction of the Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse of the Oder of the Dragon) and as Clanhead he now has two Orsimer "Daughters" (we made them as twins) Lash gra Sharn (DK/tank [my sweetie's character) and Urgash gra Sharn (sorc/tank[mine]). They have a couple of younger brothers (Mol gro Durga [Battlemage/stamsorc] and Margul gro Durga [Templar Tank])

Long story short; yes, pretty much all my characters are related to/in a relationship with/adopted by or somehow connected to MANY of my and my sweeties characters.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Vezelle
    Vezelle

I have 11 characters (I have the 8 original slots, and then three more purchased from the Crown store) of various backgrounds and affiliations. They each have their own personalities, goals, and biases... however, they at some point met one another and now work for the same adventuring company (which has always been my justification for why ,y characters share a bank). I even have backstories on how they came across the company, like how the Dominion chapter head noticed the thief breaking into a bank and hired her on the spot as the "acquisitions officer," or how my elderly healer saved my knight's life, and now the latter feels honor-bound to act as the former's bodyguard and aide. It was all started by my main--an dunmer assassin--purely as a means to help her retrieve her soul from Molag Baal, but has since grown into a Tamriel-wide source of good deeds and Daedra slaying.

That said, none of my girls are related, family-wise. But there are family-like relationships, especially between the Dunmer assassin and the elderly Argonian who used to be her nanny. It's a long story, but rest assured the relationship is quite adorable. :)

Thats really cool I haven't thought of doing it that way. I'm going to try that! Do you play solo or with other people?
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 7 main characters have some form of relationship. Most of them know one another from my fan fiction, where they all meet.

In terms of family, my main, Sola, has a sister and a brother-in-law among my characters. Furthermore, one of my characters is a servant to her.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vezelle wrote: »

I have 11 characters (I have the 8 original slots, and then three more purchased from the Crown store) of various backgrounds and affiliations. They each have their own personalities, goals, and biases... however, they at some point met one another and now work for the same adventuring company (which has always been my justification for why ,y characters share a bank). I even have backstories on how they came across the company, like how the Dominion chapter head noticed the thief breaking into a bank and hired her on the spot as the "acquisitions officer," or how my elderly healer saved my knight's life, and now the latter feels honor-bound to act as the former's bodyguard and aide. It was all started by my main--an dunmer assassin--purely as a means to help her retrieve her soul from Molag Baal, but has since grown into a Tamriel-wide source of good deeds and Daedra slaying.

Thats really cool I haven't thought of doing it that way. I'm going to try that! Do you play solo or with other people?

Generally I solo, though my sister and I will RP back and forth as our various characters occasionally.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most of mine are related, friends or have a love relationship together. Its a shame i can't put them in my houses as idle, like pets and mounts.

I'm tempted to do a Ladyhawke style RP with 2 of them but sadly I am mostly in Cyrodiil so can't have a pet companion.
  • ShadowEevee128
    Most of my characters are related or at least know each other in some way.

My main Stays-To-Shadow got drunk one night at the tavern in Riften and ended up with my tank Ahsar-Jei. She ended up with twins, my DPS Light-Within-Shadow and my healer (and probably most spoiled character) Knows-The-River. Then there's River's son, Runs-Among-Storms. When I got with my boyfriend, we married our mains and say that since Shadow's children didn't have their dad, his character helped raise them and was a father figure to them. An Imperial with an Argonian family, who would've guessed.
  • fioskal
    fioskal
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really do the roleplay thing, but I do name a lot of my characters as though they're related.

For example, I have my Altmer - Korina, Irinwen, and Cerene Mothril, and my Dunmer - Nina and Arvena Ralvani and Taren and (formerly) Talys Andrelo.
    -Fiona-
    PC - NA
  • MUSTACHMAN654
    MUSTACHMAN654
    ✭✭
    I'm not really one for role playing either. I possess two characters, one is myself, and the other is Anasazi the khajiit. He is associated with the Aldmeri Dominion, though the character representing myself ( a Covenant soldier) does not mind because he assisted the queen in Auridon, and is currently an Eye of the Queen. They are very close friends despite their differences. In fact, due to Anasazi having no home, I allow him to stay in Daggerfall Overlook.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two of mine are related the other five are friends and allies who met my main in travels.
  • Blacksmoke
    Blacksmoke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes my first character helps young outcasts or blossoming adventures get started and trains them he even adopted 2
    Champion point: 645
    Characters
    Ganlian Stormian - AD - Dungeon healer - Templar - Crafter
    Ondaril Stormian - AD - Trail DPS - Sorcerer
    Shagrod gro-Bolmog - AD - PVP - Dragonknight
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 14 chars -- 2 Vampires are married to each other have 6 adopted children -- 2 Khajiit twain's, 2 Argonian sisters and Breton who chose to become a vampire herself when she was old enough to make that chosed. The rest are thralls of the Vampire Mothers. Also, the vampire family lived close to a Bosmer village and 2 of my chars know the vampire family, but are not part of the vampire family.

Yes, some of them are still living at time of Skyrim and others have relatives instead due that time frame.

This Video a little out of date, here is the "The Family"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMCxm7FSUgM
    Edited by k9mouse on August 21, 2017 10:15AM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This one is a friend of Haishi the redguard, Haishi is friend of Maoimii the khajiit.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Occam Razzor and Jeanne Razzor are Breton Siblings. They are my first two characters.
    Sarrein Razzor is a High Elf Templar, married my shiftless cousin has not had the heart to divorce him even though she can't stand him, so spends her life adventuring.

The other 11 characters know each other on some level, but don't always get along.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ezeepeezee
    ezeepeezee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have four Khajiit that are in a clan. Clan Mother Sofya, and her sister Raza. The other two are younger and adopted; Kuji and her sister Veth. They run a humble fish monger by the river in Rawl'kha.
    Edited by ezeepeezee on August 21, 2017 11:06AM
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    They all live together... if you visit my house, I have several beds and a wash room. One male khajiit shares this house with 5 females (2 dunmer, 1 redguard, 1 wood elf, and 1 breton)

I'm considering on creating a male imperial to join the household. He will likely share his room with the breton and the redguard. The wood elf, likes to keep her own company. The dunmer sisters, well... they like cats.
    Edited by Gan Xing on September 5, 2017 11:30PM
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • Suldyne
    Suldyne
    ✭✭✭
    I have 4 characters. My three Dunmer know each other. Suldyne has known Saravyn since she was a child. He saw a resemblance to his kid brother in her and so decided to take her under his wing and teach her things he never got to teach him. They've been friends for nearly 14 years. Varryn and Suldyne are engaged to be married, through arrangement by her father. Saravyn and Varryn knew of each other before either met Suldyne, but they were never friends.
    My other character is a Breton witch, who is unrelated to them in any way.
    Co-GM of The Wayfarers of Tamriel, a roleplaying guild on the PS4 NA server. Contact me if you're interested in joining! (:
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For ESO I have a mix of characters that I roleplay as "actually living in the Second Era" or "is from the Third or Fourth Era but was caught in a Dragonbreak and is experiencing the Planemeld" as an excuse to try building them in ESO. That means two generations of Altmer and a Khajiiti woman who was married to the first Altmer's mother; a Fourth Era Khajiit descended from the Second Era Khajiit, a Reachwoman from the Second Era and a distant granddaughter from the Fourth Era, and a Dunmer who fled from Second Era Morrowind like a netch out of Coldharbour.

Most of them don't actually meet in ESO. But because of different friendships and relationships that form in the Third and Fourth Eras, they wind up being a big happy family 1000 years after ESO. With ghostly Second Era grandparents visiting from Aetherius from time to time.
  • Neyane
    Neyane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally a thread like it was made for me!

ALL of my characters know each other (I have 11 characters).
    1. My main - Cindafall, a Breton who lives in Bangkorai and is the head of the Fall family. Powerful vampire sorcerer.
    2. Adamfall, Cinda's younger brother who has become a recluse due to becoming a werewolf. He only talks to Cinda.
    3. Rissafall, the youngest of the four, stays with Cinda as long as she can, but Adam refuses to talk to Rissa.
    4. Daisyfall, the eldest of the four and the rudest. Doesn't like any of the family and stays far away. The only time she will talk to them is when she wants something...like money.
    5. Droshy, head of the shy khajiit family and an old friend of Cinda's. No longer friends due to Cinda becoming an "evil vampire". Droshy has a fear of vampires because of her past.
    6. Kavvi, Droshy's younger brother, who became a vampire. Droshy is scared of him and he hates her.
    7. Olivia, Cinda and ex's child, Olivia refuses to share the same surname as Cinda due to personal reasons.
    8. Sharp-claw, in a relationship with Droshy.
    9. Darya, a dunmer woman who grew up with her parents who were slave owners, Darya freed an argonian slave and they became good friends. Darya is also good friends with Cinda. They are currently renting out Hundings hall from Cinda's family. They live there with Droshy and Sharp-claw.
    10. Seeks-the-colours, the argonian slave that Darya freed.
    11. Tasha, a lone Redguard who loves nothing more than to slice people up with her swords. She knows life is hard but people just have to deal with it.
    The most important thing in life is enjoying yourself.
    810+, love trials and dungeons, achievement hunter ♥
    Stormproof on 9 characters and more to come~ Flawless on MagSorc & MagPlar ♥
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    My characters are all brothers but they have intimate relationships with each other. I didn't want it to be that way... they... just... love each other.
    "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have only dabbled in a few RP events, so havent come up with much of a story for all my characters yet. Until now Ive mostly just likened their relationships to one I had with coworkers at a small firm I used to work for. We all were in and out of the same office, but hardly ever saw each other cuz we were always solo on the road or out of the country but we all shared a limited amount of equipment and tools, sorta like sharing the eso bank, housing, and collectables.
    Edited by Darkhorse1975 on September 10, 2017 2:03AM
    Master Craftsman!
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only play one character - sort of. She was a Bosmeri mystic archer in Oblivion, time traveled to Skyrim then ended up in ESO.

We found that a Bosmer mystic archer (bow/bow stamsorc in her case) is not. . . optimized. Happily we also discovered that staves are omg finally good weapons! So she allowed her 'mystic' to take over and developed the ability to also play as a magplar healer. Here, she discovered her strong nurturing side. And finally, she wanted to push her damage and remembers loving her summoned clannfear in Oblivion so she also developed the ability to play as a magsorc with pets.

She gets up and decides which 'aura' to put on: Bowsorc, Magsorc or Magplar. Her race and looks are identical as each 'character' and she honestly treats moving from one style of play (switching among her three characters) to be not that much bigger a deal than changing her costume or hairstyle - which she does sometimes several times a day.

She has a long and complicated history, replete with loads of fan fiction. Unlike the single player TES games, it has simply taken three 'characters' to fully represent her in ESO.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on September 9, 2017 6:29PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • leetacakesb16_ESO
    leetacakesb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I imagine my healer being an ancestor to my other Elder scroll chars in oblivion and skyrim. They are all part of a long line of healers and worshippers of Mara and Akatosh.
    Pc EU- Lady_Hania