Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

What is the pickpocketing etiquette?

• LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Hmm, pickpocketing and Ettiquette..:

"Excuse me, my good man - would you mind awfully if I just took these few pieces of gold from your pocket?"

"No, not at all! Please, be my guest. Of course, you do know that I will have to call the watch?"

"Absolutely. In fact, I'd think less of you if you didn't. Of course, you'll give me the obligatory 2 second head-start?"

"Of course! Fair's fair! Everyone has to make a living, after-all"

"Right. All done. Pleasure doing business with you."

"And you, Sir..... 1........2........ Help! I've been Robbed!!"..

@Biro123 Is this from Terry Pratchett? It reminds me of a book he wrote XD
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »

"Excuse me, my good man - would you mind awfully if I just took these few pieces of gold from your pocket?"

"No, not at all! Please, be my guest. Of course, you do know that I will have to call the watch?"

"Absolutely. In fact, I'd think less of you if you didn't. Of course, you'll give me the obligatory 2 second head-start?"

Nah, just made it up. To be honest, I was hearing John cleese's voice while writing it, so is probably monty python inspired.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pick-pick-pick
    MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MIME MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE

Did anyone notice the mistake I made?

Did anyone go back and check for a mistake?
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pod88kk wrote: »
    MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MIME MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE

Did anyone notice the mistake I made?

Did anyone go back and check for a mistake?

Yes and yes. I mean no and yes. :p

bb703cfc2b08ecf23433525a2c0017a7b23b2e05f72fd091625651b8796cfe19.jpg
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etiquette is how the man keeps us in line
    There's no honor among thieves. Do what you want. If someone says otherwise, pickpocket them twice and stab em.
  • Keldheir
    Keldheir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stab on the first try, I just like ruining people's day
    I stab right away. Not to ruin anyone's day - really don't care how others feel about what I am doing. I just suck at pickpocketing. Even with skill points into it.
    PC EU
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Blade-of-Woeing someone that another player is pickpocketing is just crappy, and akin to leaving a single lockpick in a treasure chest.

Its almost as scrappy as a poll with no other and extra baggage in,most responses.

:-)

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pick-pick-pick
    All the people stabbing right away... if you are farming the motifs... you're going about it the wrong way...

I have never had a motif drop on the first pick or stab... mostly on the last (3rd) pick or stab... rarely on the second...
    Edited by sevomd69 on September 8, 2017 2:09AM
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pick-pick-stab
    LMar wrote: »

Nah, just made it up. To be honest, I was hearing John cleese's voice while writing it, so is probably monty python inspired.
    I also thought of Discworld.

One of the Patrician’s greatest contributions to the reliable operation of Ankh-Morpork had been, very early in his administration, the legalising of the ancient Guild of Thieves. Crime was always with us, he reasoned, and therefore, if you were going to have crime, it at least should be organised crime.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pick-pick-pick
    STEVIL wrote: »
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Blade-of-Woeing someone that another player is pickpocketing is just crappy, and akin to leaving a single lockpick in a treasure chest.

Its almost as scrappy as a poll with no other and extra baggage in,most responses.

:-)

It really isn't if the non-BoW player has picked already... if the other player BoW's mark, then the other player who picked already will get the remaining loot on the corpse...