Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase: September 2017"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Crown Store Showcase: September 2017. Let your characters boast about their might and status with fun emotes, and be sure to take a look at the new manor as well! Keep your eyes open for future previews; we offer new Crown Store items every month.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno do you know what outfit the guy in the preview is wearing
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, nirn skin won't be time limited. weird..
  • FatalDarkness
    FatalDarkness
    ✭✭
    The Linchal Grand Manor home comes in a furnished and unfurnished version and will be available on all platforms for a limited time from September 14 to September 18.

I was actually eyeing and saving crowns for this. Too bad it's such a limited time during or immediately after my entire state is going to get pummeled by one of the largest hurricanes in recent history. Best case scenario, I won't have electricity during those four days and have much more important things to worry about than a game. :/
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Linchal Grand Manor home comes in a furnished and unfurnished version and will be available on all platforms for a limited time from September 14 to September 18.

I was actually eyeing and saving crowns for this. Too bad it's such a limited time during or immediately after my entire state is going to get pummeled by one of the largest hurricanes in recent history. Best case scenario, I won't have electricity during those four days and have much more important things to worry about than a game. :/

You may be able to have customer service schedule a purchaser for you in the case of per outage and what not. I'm pretty sure this is something through slowly stated doing in case people would be on vacation or something while a limited sale was going on.
  • FatalDarkness
    FatalDarkness
    ✭✭
    You may be able to have customer service schedule a purchaser for you in the case of per outage and what not. I'm pretty sure this is something through slowly stated doing in case people would be on vacation or something while a limited sale was going on.

It's not really about the house; I could take it or leave it. The point I wanted to make is having such a limited time sale, especially something so exclusive, at time when so much of the southern US is impacted by natural disasters (Texas and by next week FL and likely others) is in very poor taste.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not really about the house; I could take it or leave it. The point I wanted to make is having such a limited time sale, especially something so exclusive, at time when so much of the southern US is impacted by natural disasters (Texas and by next week FL and likely others) is in very poor taste.

Honestly though, there are things that happen all over the world - in countries that this game is played, promoted etc. they would have a really hard time scheduling releases around all those. It's quite unfortunate, but I think if they do it now, people would expect it all the time which would be terrible for trying to release items.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

Honestly though, there are things that happen all over the world - in countries that this game is played, promoted etc. they would have a really hard time scheduling releases around all those. It's quite unfortunate, but I think if they do it now, people would expect it all the time which would be terrible for trying to release items.

That kind of gives evidence to the idea that 4-day limited time sales aren't actually customer-friendly.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno do you know what outfit the guy in the preview is wearing

One of the armor sets dropped from the HotR dungeons. Am not in game right now to be more specific than that.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zos needs to stop with the time-limited houses and just list them on the Crown Store permanently. More people will buy them, and I mean that. If Tel Galen and Grand Topal Hideaway were permanently added like Earthtear Cavern, they'd be bought by many people, especially Grand Topal.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »

That kind of gives evidence to the idea that 4-day limited time sales aren't actually customer-friendly.

They are not supposed to be. Any limited time sale is not customer friendly. Door crashers that stores only have two of are not customer friendly.

I mean I agree with you, but that's not the concern for "them" in this case. I believe you call that "marketing".
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zenimax, can you please start making normal 2 room houses for sale [at normal costs] instead of all these HUGE MANSIONS for Massive Gold?
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor showcase! :confounded: hope october makes up for this.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty disgusting and good representation of ZOS, the Linchal Manor stays Crownstore only, even after so many requests of the playerbase.
    Edited by Anne_Firehawk on September 6, 2017 8:13PM
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too bad it's such a limited time during or immediately after my entire state is going to get pummeled by one of the largest hurricanes in recent history. Best case scenario, I won't have electricity during those four days and have much more important things to worry about than a game. :/

*hug* Stay safe during the hurricane!

^This.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nothing worth spending any crowns on. Pretty poor for a crown store showcase.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Minyassa
      Minyassa
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      I agree about the time-limited houses. I now do not even bother to go look at them if I see that they're limited. The timing is never right, either because of bills or paycheck not coming in yet, and I don't like to have to try to rush to squeeze something in like that. Put these things in the store permanently and I'd buy a hell of a lot more of them.
    • Aurie
      Aurie
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I doubt that even ZO$ planned this to coincide with hurricane Irma.

For the record I disagree with limited time items in general.

Good luck over the next few days, and I hope that you and yours come through this safe.

• Alp
      Alp
      ✭✭✭✭

Because it's using false scarcity to make people feel like they should buy it now because otherwise they might never have the chance in case they in the future might want it. And scarcity is just not a thing with digital products. So it's limited for no other reason than to make customers feel like it's a good deal or that they are missing out.

If it wasn't limited they might get less immediate sales but maybe the sales would add up to be more in the long run. But that's not what the buy guys care about. They want as much potential money as possible now. The future has space for more limited stuff.

The other problem I could imagine they would see with adding more permanent options to the store would be that new players would see a large choice but only buy few things. So there is no reason for them to fill the store with things if the average player only buys 1 or 2 items from it.

I hate this kind of thing but you can't get rid of it as long as money is involved.
    • LadyNalcarya
      LadyNalcarya
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      No costumes or hairstyles? :( Seems I'll save my crowns for the next month then.

Agreed.
      I dont like this false scarcity tactic, this is just stupid. I've missed some of the items I wanted to buy because I was on holiday etc.
      I was thinking about buying this manor, but I guess I shouldnt. Its only 700 slots anyway. :#
      Edited by LadyNalcarya on September 6, 2017 10:15PM
      Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
    • Integral1900
      Integral1900
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Supprisingly enough I can't just pull tens of thousands of crowns out of my backside at a moments notice, there is a fair bit of this limited time stuff that I might want to buy but your going to have to give some of us a hell of of a lot more run up time!
    • Jake1576
      Jake1576
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Zos needs to stop with the time-limited houses and just list them on the Crown Store permanently. More people will buy them, and I mean that. If Tel Galen and Grand Topal Hideaway were permanently added like Earthtear Cavern, they'd be bought by many people, especially Grand Topal.

one thing about limited time only stuff tho is it doesn't really mean limited time in this game lol normally everything that was a limited time item ends back up in the crown store being sold again some how probably the reason they take the stuff away and market it as limited time only so they can resell it later on again if it was to be left in the crown store for sell for good it would probably be bought by people still but get to seem old after awhile and not really sell anymore
    • Jake1576
      Jake1576
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      please make sure to add in a new polymorph that's not been in the crown store before for the October showcase I always look forward to there being one around October for Halloween
    • CatchMeTrolling
      CatchMeTrolling
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'm not going to lie this is a pretty lackluster showcase.
    • Morgul667
      Morgul667
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      You guys just made it easy for me to stick with my decision not to buy crowns, since the big cost increase in asia (+100% :-) )
    • Banana
      Banana
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Who would be mad enough to pay for emotes :D
    • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
      jaschacasadiob16_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      and that's it? For real?
      "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
      Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
      Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
    • zassasaurus
      zassasaurus
      ✭✭✭
      why so few things? will the new crates be coming out this month?
    • bloodthirstyvampire
      bloodthirstyvampire
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      If i like the emotes I'll definitely take em
      Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
    • Zaldan
      Zaldan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Rouven wrote: »

They are not supposed to be. Any limited time sale is not customer friendly. Door crashers that stores only have two of are not customer friendly.

I mean I agree with you, but that's not the concern for "them" in this case. I believe you call that "marketing".

"Marketing*" The business of misleading people without actually lying to them.

*Most of the time
      Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
      Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol