The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

BEWARE scammers!

XanaX_Monster
I've never seen anyone try this scam before, but today I had someone attempt to steal my gold upgrade materials by offering to buy them from zone chat. I traveled to him to trade, where he input the agreed upon amount then quickly accepted/canceled/removed his gold then accepted again to try and get me to accept the trade for free. Obviously this is a very basic and rudimentary scam but could be effective if you're not paying attention or in a rush. I recommend blocking the player so this player will have less targets for his scam. Safe journey friends!
Edited by XanaX_Monster on August 28, 2017 6:53AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that do happen :/

Hate those scams though
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this breaks forum rules for "naming and shaming." Not like I'm against calling out jerks like this, just saying.
    Edited by dpencil1 on August 28, 2017 2:42AM
  • XanaX_Monster
    Edited post. I have sent a report to zos on this scam. If anyone reading this has done this scam, be warned.. I will be hunting for these scammers now, recording every interaction and sending the video to zos for review. Hopefully we can get enough scammers banned to stop people from doing this.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is like the oldest scam ever. Also the most basic.

Frankly, if you fall for it, you kinda deserve it.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love to see those people in zone-chat that want to by gold-tempers for 1-1,5k lower price than it´s actually worth, just to later trying to scam people of gold when they trade.

Lesson learned: Don´t buy gold-tempers from trade/zonechat. Buy them from guildstores, sure there´s always a change that those gold-tempers comes from bots (which is bad enough) but at least you won´t get scammed.
  • XanaX_Monster
    Not buying, selling. I don't buy materials, I farm them and sell them to others, often in zone chat for faster tax free sales. However people doing stupid scams like trying to fake putting gold in is annoying and time consuming. I would rather use them as examples and get as many of them banned as possible so people won't even risk it. At least if I'm spending my time dealing with these scrubs, I'm doing something useful.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stick to guild stores, used to think they were more expensive but normally they are a lot cheaper, zone chat is full of rip off prices
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I usually do COD. Otherwise, i form a group with Trader, then we meet, so i have all info. Stay safe on your travels and be fair, the Low Lvl players of today will safe tommorow your A**
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • XanaX_Monster
    Stick to guild stores, used to think they were more expensive but normally they are a lot cheaper, zone chat is full of rip off prices

I agree 100% I would rather see people who flood chat with items get suspended for spam personally, although I'm sure lots of people would disagree.

It seems like this zone chat thing isn't good for much except diminishing the impact of having a guild with a trader and doing sales in a competitive market. Why join a guild where you are held accountable when you can just spam zone chat until someone buys your stuff?