The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

LOCK PVP CAMPAIGNS

• Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    :::shrugs::: All my toons are EP, I couldn't spy even if I wanted too. Honestly I don't think play of this type helps out anyone and only HELPS the alliance you switch to by boosting their score. I don't see this as a problem honestly.

You don't fully understand what is happening.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Potenza wrote: »
    josiahva wrote: »
    :::shrugs::: All my toons are EP, I couldn't spy even if I wanted too. Honestly I don't think play of this type helps out anyone and only HELPS the alliance you switch to by boosting their score. I don't see this as a problem honestly.

You don't fully understand what is happening.

To explain a bit, imagine your "loyalty" is with EP, as it's who you mainly play on, but you have other alliance characters. You're getting attacked at Chal by DC and BRK by AD. The west side of the map is dead. You and your friends swap over to your AD characters and go FD Nikel. Now DC is going to respond to that (hopefully) and pull a few off of Chal, relieving the pressure off EP.

Not to mention you can see where the zerg is going via AD zone chat, e.g. if someone decides to announce that they're going after Drakelowe, you can tell your friends "hey, 12 AD are heading to Drake, just fyi."

• gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not locked during campaign duration. Just add a 3-7 days (depending on campaign) cooldown for account and campaign.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    But spies are a part of war

Only when there is a proper way to deal with them. We have no recourse on them in this game that actually matters, and probably no way to add one without it being abused heavily.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lock PvP campaigns I leave the game

Bubbye
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spies are a thing but not really a problem. Faction hopping in order to help your home faction is. I consider it cheating and a growing problem.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You shouldn't be allowed to enter the same campaign on multiple alliances. It makes no sense in a PVP environment.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or as a middle ground just include a timer for getting in with a different alliance. Say if you log in with an AD on Vivec now, you can't log into vivec with DC or EP chars for, let's say, 1 day?

Does not really help with the spying either but at least it hinders the alliance hopping.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still the opposite on this. Not only do I not think they should be locked, but I think you should be able to take any character you have to fight for any alliance when you enter. They just need to make it to where you get a lot more AP scaled for the lower pop faction and scale the AP a lot lower when attacking the lower population players or keeps. Basically encourage us to self balance and discourage PvDoor.

I PUGed this weekend and EP was really low pop at one time while DC (where I am) and AD was going back and forth, not really taking anything but having fights in between the keeps of actual players vs other players. I couldn't tell you how many times chat was like "Hey. We could just roll the EP keeps right now. We should do that." and its because they get rewarded for doing that more than fighting an actual fight. If I had an EP toon, I would have wanted to go fight on EPs side.

I don't want to see what happens when anyone that wants to get a fight going and needs to get on a different faction to even numbers out to do so, is then blocked just because other players stacked a faction for the easy route.
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they are not going to lock accounts or even i.p. addresses for multiple account users per campaign duration, then just get rid of the scoring system, because it is really meaningless if this is the direction that they want things to go. There is no point in keeping a running score for the alliances when people aren't concerned with this and are just bouncing all over the place because they want good fights, or want to play with friends, or want to find the easiest ways to gain the most ap. Without loyalty there is no alliance, so quit pretending it means something. Or make it mean something and limit people to one alliance per campaign duration.

You can't just sacrifice what is good for the whole, or good for the game by doing what is good for the individual. There are too many individuals with too many selfish wants/agendas. If this is to be an alliance war then require some alliance loyalty, or just forget about it.
  • Carpe-Veritatem
    Carpe-Veritatem
    ✭✭✭
    Lock all to a faction by account on a campaign by campaign basis. Wanna switch after the campaign ends...go for it! There are battle grounds as well as 95% of the rest of the worlds map for people to hang with whomever they want accross all factions thanks to OneTamriel. But campaigns should NOT be manipulated cravenly by AP ***'s who have zero allegiance to any faction and care little for who wins.Or even worse, some log into a second faction to roll the map in a way beneficial to their main faction. Many of us care very much and fight daily on behalf of our faction. It gives us enjoyment to compete and strive for victory. People are correct to point out that this problem has grown increasingly worse in recent months, with large guilds logging from faction to faction as the map dictates. In some instances guilds are even jumping to other campaigns to effect the outcome there. Return PvP in Cyrodiil to what it should be: fiercely contested warfare between 3 factions with a long a bloody history driving them. The whole idea that an EP soldier would change into his DC uniform to kill his own people would be abhorrent. While I am certainly no fanatic, it is ZOS's responsibility to maintain some sense of it's own lore. Make Cyrodiil great again!! **Dons his MCGA cap**
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole idea that an EP soldier would change into his DC uniform to kill his own people would be abhorrent.

good points - really appreciate your passion @Carpe-Veritatem ...

how crazy though is it that my bosmer is out there collecting blood for the Pact...or, my redguard assassin is getting paid by an altmer queen...although my khajiit dresses in black - he fights under a blue banner...

in all truthfulness :) , i'm slightly jealous of your (and, other faction loyalists) level of immersion...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • ShadowMole25
    ShadowMole25
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    I agree 100%, 1 alliance per campaign. But every time someone suggests it on here people kick off about playing with mates etc.

But there enough campaigns you could arrange that easy enough. Really don't get any of the counter arguments.

There's only 1 sub-50 campaign though and some people can't play any race, any alliance.
    Wanders-Many-Rivers: EP Argonian Nightblade Stamina DPS
    Heals-In-Rivers: EP Argonian Templar Magicka Healer
    Roams-Many-Rivers EP Argonian Nightblade Magicka Healer
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    I disagree with locking campaigns and almost all of my toons are EP, my 1 DC is storage and my 1 AD I am working to gear out as a pve healer so I don't have to use my main pvp Templar for pve. So here are some hypothetical situations:
    What if I decide I want to run solo for a bit on her but I only play no-cp? Or if I want to play only cp and my mains are on Vivec and Shor? Where do I take my Templar?
    Now what if I decide I want to play my DC which is a sorc? And I play only CP on my mains so I am on Vivec and Shor for EP, AD would be stuck Sotha Sil and I can go no where on my DC.
    Say I do what is listed above and one of the pvp guilds that I play in mostly or my only pvp guild I am in decide to home Sotha because Sotha needs EP (shameless plug for Sotha lol). However, I can't get in because my AD is homed there. Now my guild is down a healer and good healers are hard to find. What do I do?

As the guild leader of Darkest Requiem before it was unlocked I ran into this very scenario all the time with members. It is best to leave the campaigns unlocked as they are then have the campaigns locked as they were before. As ZOS has it now we can pve with our friends in any alliance and we can jump into pvp with them if you want to. Once I even lost a raid lead for a while until he could switch his guest to move is AD. We should want to encourage people to pvp with their friends because without people playing there is no pvp. Yes you run the risk of having spies but most of the people I know who play cross faction do so to play with friends or play to solo. There are occasional bad apples but do you throw out the whole basket because of it? There isn't any longer enough campaigns as well to put different faction toons on as demonstrated by these scenarios especially populated ones. I would even venture to say the people complaining the loudest probably never even made a cross faction toon even have friends that do, maybe or maybe not.

Congratulations ZOS dispite people whining about spies you got this one right.
    Edited by Dutchessx on August 8, 2017 1:55PM
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭

In this vision: spies should be able to be executed like in real life :D
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed 100%
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dutchessx wrote: »
    I disagree with locking campaigns and almost all of my toons are EP, my 1 DC is storage and my 1 AD I am working to gear out as a pve healer so I don't have to use my main pvp Templar for pve. So here are some hypothetical situations:
    What if I decide I want to run solo for a bit on her but I only play no-cp? Or if I want to play only cp and my mains are on Vivec and Shor? Where do I take my Templar?
    Now what if I decide I want to play my DC which is a sorc? And I play only CP on my mains so I am on Vivec and Shor for EP, AD would be stuck Sotha Sil and I can go no where on my DC.
    Say I do what is listed above and one of the pvp guilds that I play in mostly or my only pvp guild I am in decide to home Sotha because Sotha needs EP (shameless plug for Sotha lol). However, I can't get in because my AD is homed there. Now my guild is down a healer and good healers are hard to find. What do I do?

You are looking at it as if being implemented with the way things currently are. Which they could do. However, I envision it being implemented somewhat like how One Tamriel changed pve. The only thing selecting a faction at character creation would do is give you a starting city and faction for the main quest line.

As far as campaign pvp goes it could be done so that when you go to select a campaign, say Vivec, you are provided an option as to which alliance you want to fight for. All of your toons that qualify by level, regardless of their faction affiliation, are now committed to playing that faction on that campaign for the duration. When the campaign completes if you are still in it you will receive a message telling you to leave the campaign and select a new alliance for the next block of time. If you don't leave within the 30 minutes all of you characters will be bound to that alliance for that campaign again for the duration. If you exit the campaign, or were not in the campaign when it expired, you will be presented with the same option of selecting an alliance for that campaign as before. Change to what you like. All of your toons are now bound to that campaign for the duration.

You may select a different alliance on Sotha Sil from the one you selected on Vivec. So maybe one server you play with your guild, and another server you play with friends. It allows the flexibility to have all of your characters, regardless of alliance, fight for whichever alliance you choose per server, per campaign duration. So you could play for all 3 alliances at any given point in time across multiple server platforms. And when a campaign completes you can change your alliance on each server to something else.

This way loyalist pvp guilds don't have their campaign scores skewed by alliance flippers. Entire guilds can also swap alliance if say EP got blown out this campaign they can change to red from blue or yellow for the next 30 days. You can play with your friends on the 7 day server, or the non CP server, or the CP server, whatever works best for your group with all of their other commitments guild-wise or persona-wise. But you are committed to that alliance for the duration of each individual campaign.
    Edited by Ranger209 on August 12, 2017 12:16PM
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    won't work

if your alliance is pop-locked and you cant get in but still want to PVP?

what about 2-3 good guilds selling emperor title because they all choose to play a specific faction for the duration?
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • MrWesleyPipes
    MrWesleyPipes
    ✭✭✭
    TTYL CYA BYE!! Can i get ur stuff?
  • julianlookhrwb17_ESO

Bye Bye.
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope they do just that. No account should be able to play multiple sides of a campaign on the same server. It's obviously being abused outside of the intent of the game design. Time to lock it.

Another reason would be to stop AP stacking...You know it's going on. Lock that **** ZoS.
    Edited by Vizier on August 20, 2017 9:52PM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What are you all going to blame for losing if campaign locks don't affect the outcome?
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vizier wrote: »

Hope they do just that. No account should be able to play multiple sides of a campaign on the same server. It's obviously being abused outside of the intent of the game design. Time to lock it.

Another reason would be to stop AP stacking...You know it's going on. Lock that **** ZoS.

I agree.
    Please implement campaign alliance lock @ZOS_BrianWheeler @Wrobel @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Crusades
    Crusades
    ✭✭
    Agree
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still say the population just isn't there to where the game can't afford the current number of servers not to mention if you force the population to choose 1 faction per server. If anything yes we should have to choose a home but in my opinion all servers should be open to guest on any faction.
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • leetacakesb16_ESO
    leetacakesb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Of course, but not when you can clearly see who is spying in Cyrodiil because of gamertags. It becomes annoying when you have a cross alliance player who is very obviously helping their friends out in the open such as giving Scrolls to their friends on the other team, telling their friends where people are hidden, or not helping team mates when their friends attack them.

I imagine spies in real life/past history try and NOT be obvious of their activities to their enemies.
    Pc EU- Lady_Hania