The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Money making as tank?

teiselaise
teiselaise
✭✭✭
So guys, my main character is a tank, im not at that point of the game yet where i got multiple actually good characters yet, and i just noticed that some people post stuff about how they earn 50-100 k an hour farming public dungeons, i just wanted to ask if that is somehow doable by a tank or if theres something that is as proffitable as that. :)
Argonian masterrace
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tanks are not something you should play solo.

Tank is a group role, designed to protect the players doing damage.
    When soloing, there is nobody doing damage if you are a tank.

I main a tank, and I'm always carrying several tanking and several DD setups with me.

This is the only advice I can give you.
    Don't playas tank while soloing.

I know this is probably not the answer you eanted to hear, but that is just how it is.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just stay full or mostly stamina/magicka, keep a heavy set for tanking and a medium/light one for solo play. Killing even land or delve mobs in tank gear takes ages.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To add a bit to the topic...

You can still be a tank full time (although I wouldn't recommend it) and earn gold.

Best gold is usually earned by trading and reselling, and it really doesn't matter what you are wearing.
    Crafting writs, Master writs etc. They won't earn you a lot of gold per hour but it is a great way to have a steady income if you are planning long term.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • teiselaise
    teiselaise
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys for the advice guys, i guess ill try to find another way of earning gold then :smile: )
    Argonian masterrace
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    teiselaise wrote: »
    Thanks guys for the advice guys, i guess ill try to find another way of earning gold then :smile: )

You could always farm raw crafting materials.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    Tanks are not something you should play solo.

Tank is a group role, designed to protect the players doing damage.
    When soloing, there is nobody doing damage if you are a tank.

I main a tank, and I'm always carrying several tanking and several DD setups with me.

This is the only advice I can give you.
    Don't playas tank while soloing.

I know this is probably not the answer you eanted to hear, but that is just how it is.

Yes, no reason to not have a dps build on a tank. Not talking about trial level dps. I have a dps build for my tank for doing quests and such. I do not change anything but skills and gear and do just fine.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    teiselaise wrote: »

OK, there is Tanky, then there is a Tank. Being Tanky is having some decent amount of Resistances and Health and wearing 5 Pieces of Heavy Armor. A Tanky character can still do some DPS and I had a Tanky DK in HA that could farm public dungeons. But in no way could I Tank a Vet Dungeon or Trial with this guy. Recently I put him in full on Tank Gear and Champ Points and Attributes and he pulls only 2K/4K DPS now. But he won't die and he can support groups in all group content.

If your Tanky, you can farm, if your a Tank, you probably won't be able to.

Now, with Public Dungeons, there are only two you can farm for gold, and your going to get 5K to 10K per hour, depending on if you have a Merchant Assistant or not to sell the loot you get and you have repair kits so you never have to leave. Most Public Dungeons are kind of stingy with the gold, the ones who have humans tend to give the most gold. So, that is Crimson Cove and Vile Manse. Razzak's in Bangkori is split humans and dwemer contructs. Lions Den is too spread out and I don't remember the gold drop rate for that one, I don't do it all that often.

All that being said, Public Dungeon Farming is not the only way to make gold. Legerdemain can pull gold in 5K to 10K per alt. And, even though you don't have other characters, you can roll some temp alts to be thieves as your not going to be stealing from places that are trying to kill you. You don't need any gear, you don't need any leveling, you don't need any quests, you just need alts. You just need one skill point to spend in Trafficing Passive so you can Fence 110 items per day. All you need is access to Orsinium in Wrothgar or the two ships in Daggerfall near the Wayshrine. Both of these areas are rich in containers and sparse with NPCs. Log into the alts, spend 10 to 15 minutes filling up the bag and you will have 5K to 10K on each alt each day. You can always delete them later on. Even better is to spend some of that gold and get their bag spaces up to 100 to 120.

I would mention other ways to make gold, but they require combat or the ability to do some combat or tactical running away.

Edited by Nestor on August 24, 2017 9:37PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• teiselaise
    teiselaise
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks again for more response :D
    Argonian masterrace
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farm mats. Mats are very good sellers right now.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton