Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you like purchasable furniture space upgrades for crowns and/or gold?

Ratzkifal
Ratzkifal
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm sure we all agree on the point that houses should have a higher item limit. At the same time Zenimax keeps the double furniture space locked behind their ESO+ paywall. If we want more we need to give them reasons why putting effort in making a change to the system is worth it.
You all know how riding lessons and bank space upgrades can be bought with crowns yes? Why not allow for the same thing to happen with furniture limit. Of course only if at the same time it would be upgradable with gold too and scale higher and higher like in the bank/bag. These purchasable upgrades would also mean a double increase for ESO+ members. It is a win-win situation. Zenimax gets money, we get our furniture limit and can hopefully buy it with gold too.

Comment what your idea of an acceptable price would be~
Edited by Ratzkifal on August 21, 2017 1:52AM
This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.

Would you like purchasable furniture space upgrades for crowns and/or gold? 57 votes

Yes, but for crowns only.
5%
Krainor1974AmyxleexownsxuAshgard23 3 votes
Yes, for crowns or gold.
61%
deepseamk20b14_ESOArobainCpt_TeemoKlemenziusb16_ESOUlfgardeSkunk616TerraDewBerryLinaleahNordic_PirateZyaedraListerJMCCillion3117ApheriusHetairaPC0523SSlargPaazhahdrimaakLadyNalcaryaXDark_One13POps75p 35 votes
No, because I hate good things and don't want other people to have them either.
3%
kargen27notimetocare 2 votes
No, I would rather have a different solution to the problem.
29%
BelegnoleIruil_ESOAimoraixieSoupDragonvrineGothrenArcirisO_LYKOSTankinatorFRNordSwordnBoardR_Kaegisfire1975MAEKTeukkaAurieBellamy 17 votes
  • karrie7
    karrie7
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, for crowns or gold.
    YES YES YES YES
    I made same thread in Reddit eso a few days ago.And almost everyone agreed that it is necessary..I mean things like banker and merchant and now this,if it happens hopefully are so helpful and make the gaming experience better overall.
    PS:I would totally buy an upgrade for banker that includes guild store/guild bank
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other: first, I would like to see the base furniture limit increased/doubled for all houses for free because as it stands now it's just too low to even be reasonable.
    Afterwards, some item limit and/or storage functionality could be added for gold and crowns.
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, for crowns or gold.
    This is obviously great idea, but this poll is biased anyway.
    PC/EU
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, for crowns or gold.
    @Arciris I would argue that the 60 item slots in your bag that you start with are also just too low to be reasonable. The storage function has to come in any case, because as of now homes have barely any practical use for people who aren't roleplayer, crafter or people who like pretty things.
    Thanks for taking your time to write your ideas down though. If enough people do this, perhaps this thread becomes interesting enough for Zenimax to look at and pick their favorite.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would prefer to see ZO$ simply increase the item limit, without taking advantage of the situation and making money out of it.

If the reason that they have not yet increased it is due to possible performance issues, then three options would be acceptable:

1. If performance is not an issue, raise item limit across the board for everyone.
    2. If performance is an issue in that house loading times may be longer for some people, then raise the item limit but make it clear that it is the player's choice to either limit the amount of items they place, or accept longer loading times when porting in to a house.
    3. Raise the item limit first, and then put further upgrades both in the Crown Store and for gold ingame.

And don't forget the furniture bag!!

Edited by Aurie on August 21, 2017 1:38PM
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, for crowns or gold.
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    I would prefer to see ZO$ simply increase the item limit, without taking advantage of the situation and making money out of it.

If the reason that they have not yet increased it is due to possible performance issues, then three options would be acceptable:

1. If performance is not an issue, raise item limit across the board for everyone.
    2. If performance is an issue in that house loading times may be longer for some people, then raise the item limit but make it clear that it is the player's choice to either limit the amount of items they place, or accept longer loading times when porting in to a house.
    3. Raise the item limit first, and then put further upgrades both in the Crown Store and for gold ingame.

And don't forget the furniture bag!!

Performance are not an issue.

Take Hakkvild castle for exemple, 350 places without eso + and 700 with. You can see the dungeon " falkreath Hold " from the house , but do you know how much USELESS item that you can not see from your castle there is ?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9oLJYM6JOs

something like 300 items ! by removing this they could increase the limit of this house by 300 for each players ! ( you can see some of them from 3:01 ...

• Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    @Arciris I would argue that the 60 item slots in your bag that you start with are also just too low to be reasonable. The storage function has to come in any case, because as of now homes have barely any practical use for people who aren't roleplayer, crafter or people who like pretty things.
    Thanks for taking your time to write your ideas down though. If enough people do this, perhaps this thread becomes interesting enough for Zenimax to look at and pick their favorite.

Your inventory bags are a different matter entirely. First, you can empty them by selling items to vendors, while houses need to keep their decorations for obvious reasons. Second, you have a second system that you can use for the items you want to keep: bank. Third, you have crafting bags with Eso+.

The cost in both crowns and gold justifies per se an increase in item cap because the items you can put per square foot in large houses/manors is actually much lower than in small and medium houses.
    And most people complaining about item limit are large houses/manors owners. The cap seems to be fine for most small/medium houses (there are exceptions).

edit: typos
    Edited by Arciris on August 21, 2017 1:56PM
  • Ulfgarde
    Ulfgarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, for crowns or gold.
    Just look at the cave. Enough said. It needs to have 1,000 slots to be partially decorated. Sucks because mine is full and only 1/3 of the area even has furniture. :/
    Very athletic eso player
    PC EU
  • SSlarg
    SSlarg
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, for crowns or gold.
    Yes!
    PS4 NA PSN - SSlarg
    Currently Looking To Buy:
    NoThInG
  • Maole1989
    Maole1989
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, for crowns or gold.
    This is a great suggestion. :) I agree that regardless of whether a player has ESO+ or not, there should be a way for everyone to be able to increase furniture space.

A little unrelated but I think item storage needs to be added. I've accumulated so much items through crafting or grinding, but have no where for them to go. Being able to craft chests, manikins, jewelry boxes, wardrobes, etc would be both functional and beneficial to furniture crafting and housing.
    [1 Corinthians 13] [John 15:13] [John 3:16]
    Maole_1989 - PS4 NA EP
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was no choice for gold only.

Basically the poll was worded so we could either say yes to crowns or profess our hate for the world.

Change the 2nd option to "and" instead of "or" and I could jump on that.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but for crowns only.
    I'd also buy upgrades for guest caps as well besides item slots
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Arciris wrote: »
    Other: first, I would like to see the base furniture limit increased/doubled for all houses for free because as it stands now it's just too low to even be reasonable.
    Afterwards, some item limit and/or storage functionality could be added for gold and crowns.

THIS
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, for crowns or gold.
    I think we should get upgrades for each house size like how Swtor did, even though yes it does have way less houses to purchase but they still managed to upgrade the spaces.

I would suggest a free addition to each house size by this many total, and like someone said before we could just take about 25% from each of the totals to add as free upgrades before purchasing the rest.

Small = +350
    Medium = +650
    Large = +950
    Manor = +1250

(Ontop of the current slots)
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, for crowns or gold.
    @kargen27 It's an inclusive or as opposed to an exclusive one, but since you can only use one method to upgrade at a time I went with "or" instead of "and". I admit it's a bit confusing, but I can't edit it anymore anyway.
    That "no, I hate good things" was meant as a joke anyway. ;)
    About not being able to say no to crowns, well that's probably not in our power to decide anyway. Zenimax will use every option they have to make money and I doubt it won't happen here too. So since that will happen with this method anyway, we can skip demanding "gold only" and tell Zenimax how many people would be potentially willing to spend crowns on this, which would actually give them a bit of insight on the customer group that they want to sell to. Should this thread ever become large, it would actually increase the chances of this system getting implemented.
    Edited by Ratzkifal on August 22, 2017 9:05AM
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Git gud at decorating
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    @kargen27 It's an inclusive or as opposed to an exclusive one, but since you can only use one method to upgrade at a time I went with "or" instead of "and". I admit it's a bit confusing, but I can't edit it anymore anyway.
    That "no, I hate good things" was meant as a joke anyway. ;)
    About not being able to say no to crowns, well that's probably not in our power to decide anyway. Zenimax will use every option they have to make money and I doubt it won't happen here too. So since that will happen with this method anyway, we can skip demanding "gold only" and tell Zenimax how many people would be potentially willing to spend crowns on this, which would actually give them a bit of insight on the customer group that they want to sell to. Should this thread ever become large, it would actually increase the chances of this system getting implemented.

I saw the humor in that choice. My fault if you didn't see the humor in my reply.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • kiyoshigawa
    kiyoshigawa
    ✭✭
    Yes, for crowns or gold.
    I voted yes, but I really think the limits for anything larger than medium houses need to be higher by default. I just bought the Amaya Lake Lodge, and I've only decorated one room and I've used a quarter of my item limit.

At the current limit, I doubt I'll be able to do ANYTHING with the outside, and I'm not even sure if my plan for the interior will be complete before I hit the 600 item limit. I saw the post from ZoS acknowledging the limits are low, but I really feel this is a big issue, especially with the larger homes.

If it's really a performance issue, has anyone considered having a 600 item limit for each area of the home? Sure, it adds more loading screens as you enter and leave the house, but you'd actually be able to decorate the interior and exterior of large homes and notable manors.

Once a more reasonable base limit is implemented, I think it makes sense to offer additional storage space for gold/crowns, but the current limits are too low for decorating an area like you would typically see in similar locations across Tamriel.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted yes, but I really think the limits for anything larger than medium houses need to be higher by default. I just bought the Amaya Lake Lodge, and I've only decorated one room and I've used a quarter of my item limit.

At the current limit, I doubt I'll be able to do ANYTHING with the outside, and I'm not even sure if my plan for the interior will be complete before I hit the 600 item limit. I saw the post from ZoS acknowledging the limits are low, but I really feel this is a big issue, especially with the larger homes.

If it's really a performance issue, has anyone considered having a 600 item limit for each area of the home? Sure, it adds more loading screens as you enter and leave the house, but you'd actually be able to decorate the interior and exterior of large homes and notable manors.

Once a more reasonable base limit is implemented, I think it makes sense to offer additional storage space for gold/crowns, but the current limits are too low for decorating an area like you would typically see in similar locations across Tamriel.

Have you thought that perhaps your decorating is more cluttering than decorating?
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you thought that perhaps your decorating is more cluttering than decorating?

Oh for god's sake shut up with this stupid cluttering thing. You are becoming a bore.

• Zyaedra
    Zyaedra
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, for crowns or gold.
    I would love this option on top of them increasing (at least doubling) the existing item limit.

I would also love it if we could consolidate the unused space in the other houses we own and apply it to our primary residence.
    Edited by Zyaedra on August 24, 2017 9:30PM
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gold and, in particular, the Crown cost of ESO's virtual homes is already substantial; a significant space increase (3x minimum in my opinion) should be included in these already high costs. Period.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, for crowns or gold.
    @R_K
    While I agree that a house purchased with crowns should already have these included (since they are just insanely expensive already), I must disagree for gold. The whole purpose of the housing update from a developer's perspective is to create a gold sink large enough to counter inflation of the currency. If you think about it, every single player in an MMO is constantly printing money through quests and loot. If that goes up and all transactions are among players, the gold will become worth less and less. To counter this, developers create money sinks, like the luxury furnisher, the monster shoulder piece vendor and the pinacle of money sinks - housing. The housing update really brought new life into the game's economy, which you might have noticed as well. Adding another money sink that people will actually want to use would just serve this cause.
    If you want to learn more about it I can only recommend you watch this video
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=W39TtF14i8I
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, for crowns or gold.
    everything in the crown store should be avail for either crowns and or gold option, vs the gambling crates weeb bs (or whatever it's called
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah. it will effect performance. enjoy what you've got.