Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you pay to have a consistent cyrodil PvP play experience lag free?

LegacyDM
LegacyDM
✭✭✭✭✭
I believe that ZOS has made the cost benefit analysis decision to not invest in making a major investment in fixing the lag in cyrodil. It would be too expensive to fix code or buy better hardware. Instead, overtime, they have been taking small strategic @ no cost solutions to improving performance. (e.g., removing torch bugs, deer, introducing proc sets, reducing visuals, changing how cps work, spreading people out, etc.) However, it has had little effect on improvement. At the end of the day, lag is still bad during prime time or special events. I would like to propose another option. Would you pvpers be willing to pay via a mandatory subscription or via some other model to PvP? The money would go to fixing the real issues with cyrodil. I think one of the constraints ZOS has is that pvp (outside BGs and Imperial City) has always been @ no additional cost. Included in base game. As a result, cyrodil pvpers don't inject new money into PvP like PvErs inject money into PvE. PvErs buy crown crates and DLCs. Where the money can be reinvested into more PvE experiences. Should ZOS come up with a business model that cyrodil PvPers can spend money on so that the money can be reinvested into a better playing experience? What do you all think?
Edited by LegacyDM on August 23, 2017 8:25PM
Legacy of Kain
Vicious Carnage
¥ampire Lord of the South

Would you pay to have a consistent cyrodil PvP play experience lag free? 46 votes

Improved PvP cost business model
69%
CavalryPKLegacyDMMisterBigglesworthTaonnorthemdogesbitejcasini222ub17_ESOAnazasiapostate9RickterprootchThiskersNermysirstonTBoisReverbCrusadesloyalhabsfanDr.NRGcrusnik91olivesforge 32 votes
Keep as is
30%
JackDaniellAhPook_Is_HereMagusbadmojoThrymbauldsadownikleepalmer95DankstaNordSwordnBoardAlpheu5White wabbitkynseonElectrone_MagnusGaunterODim 14 votes
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Keep as is
    Already pay Eso plus so shouldn't have to pay any more
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a PvPer I never Pve anymore. I have no interest and no reason to. I only pvp and would like a better experience but admit I am basically playing @ no additional cost from base game. I would be willing to invest into a PvP only monthly subscription or some other business model to improve the experience.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good point. However, It's clear that revenue is not going towards Cyrodil performance other than paying Brian Wheeler's salary. And most likely people who only pvp are not paying into the subscription. You still have people like me that have been playing Cyrodil PvP at no additional cost from buying base game. I don't want or need the perks of the subscription+. The + gives me extra bank space and crowns for PvE stuff, cosmetics, respects, and access to content I don't play. Maybe an alternative mandatory PvP subscription model for $6.99 a month?

The question remains. Would people pay a mandatory fee or some other business model to PvP where the money could go into fixing cyrodil?

Edited by LegacyDM on August 23, 2017 8:48PM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A middle ground to what you're suggesting could be to add PVP-focused perks to ESO Plus, in order to get more PVPers to subscribe. Perhaps a siege bag, access to BGs without Morrowind purchase, or other QOL improvements. Ideally, this could net ZOS more Plus subscriptions and lead to investment in aspects of the game PVPers care about.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep as is
    Why would anybody pay extra for something to work like it's supposed to?

"Here's a brand new car, but it'll be an extra fee for us to put on the tires."

"PvPers" aren't some separate sect of the game that put zero monetary investment into the game. There are those of us that are ESO+ members, have bought crowns, purchase crown store collectibles, and participate in Cyrodiil activities on a regular basis with our shiny purchased goods.
    Edited by Alpheu5 on August 23, 2017 9:13PM
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • CaliCrippy714
    CaliCrippy714
    ✭✭✭
    Are you serious with this poll? Its this kind of thinking that encourages the company to ignore its problems.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I´d pay if i would get a 99% working lagfree cyrodiil in return.

I would not pay in the hope of fixing things some way down the line eventually because finally there is money to adress the problem.

I´d pay for a working product.
    I won´t pay for a promise. Not anymore. Kickstarter taught me.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you serious with this poll? Its this kind of thinking that encourages the company to ignore its problems.

News flash. They have ignored the root cause of the problem for years. If you think they have any intention of fixing it get ready for more disappointment. Im willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and rationalize it as an expense they can't afford to fix. Else they would have. I'm at the point where I'm willing to pay more to have a working experience. This isn't something that appeared yesterday and I'm just throwing in the towel.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we all can experience 600/600/600 WITHOUT hassles mentioned in OP and shrinked 150/150/150 like what we are having today.

I'd absolutely pay for such enhanced / extended service.

You've got my vote.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would rather ZOS spin off AvA as its own game with its own business model.

I believe most server performance issues could be solved at a gameplay level -- which is impossible now because abilities/gameplay is fundamentally designed for 4-12 player instances and "play how you want" open world. ZOS has stated they will not decouple PVP and PVE gameplay.

A Cyrodiil optimized only for PVP would have the potential to perform much better with the existing server tech.

I think that ESO AvA still has the potential to be an amazing PVP experience that could be extremely popular with the focus of a small dev team and without the burdens of ESO PVE. A lot of PVP players quit simply because they can't be bothered with the PVE elements required to stay competitive.

Edited by zyk on August 24, 2017 12:53AM
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »

Good point. However, It's clear that revenue is not going towards Cyrodil performance other than paying Brian Wheeler's salary.

Take cover - heavy shots are being laid down!
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep as is
    Pay for something that should already be in the game?

PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    However, the spiteful, petty thing in me would rather see it go down in flames to serve as an example of how not to do things in the hopes that we'll get more functional PvP in a future game.

But depending on how the ESO dev team did it...Maybe. I don't like the idea of giving a company money to fix something that they screwed up. However, I'd welcome more pvp oriented stuff in the crown store as long as it isn't p2w (I'm already heavily eyeing those mount speed boosts with the current sale >.>).

Letting people who PvP get the stuff they need to PvP while doing...y'know, PvP. Trade AP for tokens to get armor, that sort of stuff. It'd go a long way towards (for me anyway) enticing me back, and then I'd spend more money, and then...And so on, and so forth.

But I refuse to just give them money under the premise of "This money will go towards fixing the lag". Even if said funds do go towards that area of the game, I find the principle of it highly distasteful. Fix the thing first or give me reasons to tolerate the issues with PvP and I'll play a bit more. Fix it and I believe (hope) they'll have legions of players eager to throw money at the screen for pvp-related shiny things if said pvp is lag-free.
  • elfantasmo
    elfantasmo
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't pay for the existing content based on a trust business model that is if you pay us we will invest in pvp we promise... I would however pay for VIP support gold package which included strict service level availability and performance as well as rca after any outage in line with compensation due if said sla was breached :s kind of like aws 11 9s availability etc etc asking too much? Maybe :D but it is a MEGA server c'mon man don't put that out there and then give us this...
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was just a few months ago Zos did a test of the Cyrodiil servers. It does not seem OP is correct in their assumption.

It appears more like Zos does not have a clue what to do and of course it is pointless testing Cyrodiil on the PTS and they cannot do large changes to live as a result. Catch 22, but mostly Zos cannot figure it out.
    Pay for something that should already be in the game?

And this is the appropriate response. Besides, it would likely not be helpful to those interested in paying a premium if most would not.
    Edited by idk on August 24, 2017 9:01PM
  • elfantasmo
    elfantasmo
    ✭✭✭
    Come on ZOS FIX IT... For the queen!
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP worked at launch. PvP worked with 3x the population caps.

How much money did running PvP that way cost ZOS? I just want them to admit they cut server resources.

Lets see the numbers first, then I'll tell you how much I'd pay to get it back.

I just want this game back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUzFW0Y11BM
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on August 24, 2017 8:03PM
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd pay for a zerg free Cyrodiil
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got ESO+, and I wouldn't be ready to fork out more than I already do.
    I'm extremely frustrated that no improvements of Cyrodiil have been made in all this time.
    They added three towns, and Imperial City is empty, when some fantastic suggestions were made here in these forums.

Can't they see they're just wasting so much potential? The map is huge and beautiful, and there are so many places where great fights could take place. No deterring measures have been implemented to force players to depack or distribute faction populations more evenly. Truly fun PvP experiences are getting rarer and rarer, you either get steam-rolled by a wrecking train or there's not a soul in sight. And that's not even talking about the skills and sets.

I won't pay more, it's more like I'll stop paying if they don't improve the system.

PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I agree ^, I'm already paying for the "lag free" experience that I am not getting. I don't see how giving ZOS more money is going to fix it any sooner.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep as is
    I'd be concerned about how many people who pvp now also don't subscribe to ESO+. I'm sure ZoS has those numbers but if even 20% of the PVP community is used to playing a free game, would you miss them if they all left in terms of net player liquidity? Would servers still feel "vibrant" if they had 20% less people in them?
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I paid for the game and when I actively play I also subscribe. That is all any customer should be asked to do and then it is up to the company to produce a product that people are willing to continue to pay and play. At times when I am not enjoying the game I simply stop playing and paying
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already pay for this. They just need to deliver their end of the deal.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Keep as is
    They should just fix it with the money they currently make off us. If they did "PvE'ers" like me would spend more time in the game because we would be PvE/PvP'ers. The more time we spend in the game, the more money we spend on the game.

Unfortunately ZoS just sees that most people play PvE and not as many comparatively play PvP. Well no *** *** but that wouldn't have anything to do with PvP not getting any attention, would it?
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Maikon on August 25, 2017 4:38PM
  • Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭

I agree ^, I'm already paying for the "lag free" experience that I am not getting. I don't see how giving ZOS more money is going to fix it any sooner.

You are not paying for a "lag free" experience, it's the internet, and will never be lag free, get used to it.
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And bought the game and paid my sub before ESO plus
    Edited by Iyas on August 25, 2017 6:33PM
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem with this is that ZOS implements things like IC or battlegrounds to do so but messes it up. IC was the most awsome pvp experience when it came out first and even better during the telva event but now its again dead. Battlegrounds can be fun but are overall not a good experience due to lack of incentives to in there, broken builds, and because of no cp.

If Zos would do what you suggest, I am afraid it will end up the same way.

Better something then nothing I guess tho. Id pay up to a 100 bucks to have a constant enjoyable experience in cyrodiil.
    Given all the problems that have been implemented over the past couple patches, I dont see that happen though:(

Pvp is all thats left for me in the game now. I do love the game but really have a hard time to get myself to log on latly because of these issues and more.

So yeah, ZOS pls at least try.
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep as is
    Not worth paying more for PvP, it's not like it'll make them do a better job..
    Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    you mean after this [snip] show we have tonight, with spikes upwards of 3 - 5 k and with the skill delay. I don't think these so called zos devs could even figure out how to even do a private server for paid eso members for lag free. that's how much hope I have for them. they've had 3 years to fix these issues and they tell us its our connection or our rigs, but how are console players experiencing the exact same issues so. no its not our rigs its the [snip] that they supply us that they don't want to fix or they are to stupid to fix. they need to fire everyone from wrobel on down and hire new staff or pass the game onto another game development that actually knows what they are doing and just maybe just maybe they can fix this game!

[Edited to remove profanity masking]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on November 5, 2017 8:59PM