The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How do I link my Steam Morrowind Upgrade to my ESO Account?

cyberjanet
cyberjanet
✭✭✭✭✭
It is now impossible to contact support, so I'm asking here in the hope someone can help me.

My Steam account is linked to ESO. I bought ESO through Steam originally. It was always possible to play ESO directly from the ESO launcher and bypass Steam.
Then came Morrowind, and I bought the upgrade through Steam.

Now, if I bypass Steam, I cannot play in Vvardenfell. I have to play through Steam to get the upgrade. I can find no obvious way to link the Morrowind upgrade to my account so that ESO knows about it. Only Steam knows about it.

Why is this a problem? Why can't I just always play through Steam? Here's why: We have bought a new laptop. My husband also plays ESO, but he did not buy his through Steam. It would be nice to only install the game once, as it is kinda big. The laptop is for travelling, and I wasn't planning on installing Steam and all its games.
Edited by cyberjanet on August 18, 2017 9:42AM
Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there no help to be had here either?
    Pity. Support used to be quite good before it vanished entirely.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    When you've purchased Morrowind from Steam you will need to ensure that you are launching the launcher from Steam. If you bypass the launcher your entitlements will not be shared with our system and will not reflect in the game. After you open the launcher through Steam, it may require you to download updates again.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post