Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Server status

Vostorn
Vostorn
✭✭✭✭
Hey,

Is there an easy way to know the server status ?

I remember, back in time, there were a green/red light on the launcher. It seems it has disappeared. So how can I now know if the server is up without having to try to login or restart the launcher ?

Best Answer

• Qanubis
    Qanubis
    ✭✭✭
    I leave up a tab with this site, its perfect! and updates instantly.

https://eso.xc.ms/r/1

[edit: well, you can set it to update every 1 minute, or every 5 minutes. So it's not actually "instant", but close enough!]
    Edited by Qanubis on August 21, 2017 12:19PM
    Contact me for a free consultation!

www.prmpodcastproductions.com
    ✭✭✭
    They're usually pretty good on the forum page banner and updating twitter when it's back up.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That banner up the top of the page should have been a good indicator of the server status
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • TheZirex
    TheZirex
    ✭✭✭
    Qanubis wrote: »

Thank you!
  • Qanubis
    Qanubis
    ✭✭✭
    TheZirex wrote: »

Thank you!

Its always the best imo. Every Monday I just stare at that while I catch up on work or browse the forum lol.
    Edited by Qanubis on August 28, 2017 9:57AM

Patch time is Monday after dinner - prime game time for me...

So Monday night is "Do something other than play ESO night"

Every time!
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[edit: well, you can set it to update every 1 minute, or every 5 minutes. So it's not actually "instant", but close enough!]

Insightful, thx so much for the link!! o:)
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do wish they'd put the online/offline light back on the launcher though, they said they were looking into it months ago :/

It's not like I use the launcher to start the game even, but I do fire it up on patch days and the indicator light would be useful!
    Edited by Epona222 on August 28, 2017 10:35AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • MaDGaR
    MaDGaR
    ✭✭
    hey look everything but pc
  • Deheart
    Deheart
    ✭✭✭
    You know, I could swear that the servers used to go down between Mon and Tues a couple of months ago, instead of between Sun and Mon.

Of course I definitely know that a year or so ago the EU and the US servers used to go down at separate times, allowing me to play on the EU servers while the US servers were down.
    As a casual player I was satisfied that at one point I had a char max level and near max crafting with almost all motifs and I pretty much lost interest. Then ESO discovered DLC's and now my main is just a wanabe and I am happily pulled back into the game.
  • Shado187
    Shado187
    ✭✭✭
    Deheart wrote: »
    You know, I could swear that the servers used to go down between Mon and Tues a couple of months ago, instead of between Sun and Mon.

Of course I definitely know that a year or so ago the EU and the US servers used to go down at separate times, allowing me to play on the EU servers while the US servers were down.

you are correct sir but I'm not sure how long ago that was but I too remember mon-tues maintenance and many players switched from NA to EU server or vice versa depending which was down atm.
  • Stormshaper
    Stormshaper
    ✭✭✭

You can also click at the top of the Reddit page on
    Vostorn wrote: »
    Hey,

I remember, back in time, there were a green/red light on the launcher. It seems it has disappeared. So how can I now know if the server is up without having to try to login or restart the launcher ?

You can also click on 'Check the server status here' link at the top of the Reddit page. I recently found a Chrome addon called Distill Web Monitor that checks a page for you and alerts with sound when a site changes, so I can be in the other room watching TV and hear when the servers are up so I'm not checking my PC all the time.
  • Stormshaper
    Stormshaper
    ✭✭✭
    And they're up!
    Edited by Stormshaper on August 28, 2017 11:46AM
  • Demolitionary
    Demolitionary
    ✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    I do wish they'd put the online/offline light back on the launcher though, they said they were looking into it months ago :/

It's not like I use the launcher to start the game even, but I do fire it up on patch days and the indicator light would be useful!

Actually, I get a popup when I launch the launcher stating the servers are down for maintenance. I was aware immediately the servers are down before clicking play. Also if you don't use the launcher then the lights will be no use for you either I guess :p
    I see where you are coming from though, if I lets say, leave the launcher running, but even then I don't as that damn launcher causes stuff to minimize at random, even ESO. So I close it after game is launched or once patch is done, then play something else while I wait.
    Edited by Demolitionary on August 28, 2017 11:50AM
  • DMBCML
    DMBCML
    ✭✭✭
    Hey,

There's always this: https://esoserverstatus.net/ I don't know how quickly it updates.
  • Qanubis
    Qanubis
    ✭✭✭
    DMBCML wrote: »
    Hey,

There's always this: https://esoserverstatus.net/ I don't know how quickly it updates.

Good answer! You must be a genius! Like me!

Launcher is patching now.
    PC EU
    British Is Best

Deekus Xerrean
    Ebonheart Pact Grand Overlord

Why so salty?
    QQ Some more
  • Shivermore
    Shivermore
    Soul Shriven
    Do they ever announce the length of the maintenance, or do they just give a start time and say "check back later"?
  • migue821
    migue821

That's awesome, could you please tell me how you got the server status?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this thread is nearly 4 years old with some outdated information, we've decided to close out the thread. You can start a new thread if you need assistance and there are no recent threads about your issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.