Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Website Design and Navigation

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    Why is there no subscribe/unsubscribe from a thread feature? I'm sick of getting a notification every single time someone replies to a thread I started (I currently have one that got maybe 30 or more replies during the evening). Of course your own threads don't appear in the list of participated threads, so I have no other option to notice new replies.

As a workaround, you can cancel the reply notifications entirely, and make one post in your own thread to make it appear under 'participated'.
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This fade in / fade out thing just feels so wrong and clunky.

On Chrome it fades back in but in Firefox the fade in doesn't happen so I get a blank screen.

I can still navigate the page by watching for links to appear at the bottom of the page, I just can't see them.

I've no idea what the web devs are doing but I'd love to know what their "lowest common denominator" is........ :/
    EU PS4
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    T
    On Chrome it fades back in but in Firefox the fade in doesn't happen so I get a blank screen.

I can still navigate the page by watching for links to appear at the bottom of the page, I just can't see them.

Hmm, for what it's worth, i'm using firefox exclusively and this webpage works fine for me.

However there is a (rare) issue i saw recently where the whole firefox window goes black (not just on TESO webpage, it happens randomly anywhere).
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    Why is there no subscribe/unsubscribe from a thread feature? I'm sick of getting a notification every single time someone replies to a thread I started (I currently have one that got maybe 30 or more replies during the evening). Of course your own threads don't appear in the list of participated threads, so I have no other option to notice new replies.
    This forum is absolute and utter garbage. Nothing makes sense here, and features that every damn free forum software out there has had for at least ten years are simply nonexistant here.

I might be better off going to that internet cancer called reddit really.

But there is, it's a little tricky to get to. Go to your Forum Account Page, to the far right of your name there's a gear-wheel, click that and Edit Profile, from there you can change Notification Settings.

It's far easier than that. The gear-wheel is next to your name at the top of every forum page. No need to go to your forum account page. That at least is the case with PCs, I can't say with phones etc as I never bother logging in on my phone but just read the threads occasionally if I'm e.g. on my own in a coffee shop. Or at least I used to, until this new format which is wholly blank with the default browser on my Samsung (I can use Chrome but it's not worth it for just one site).
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using LG G5 with google chrome browser and not seeing the nav bar at all on main website, have to bookmark the forums to get here, tried with mobile and desktop version, no extensions running to block it either :(
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Previous version was fine and stable why in a world would you decide to replace it with that horror?
    It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can you please do the same with it ingame?
    i hate the messages in my center of screen.
    please make the messages go to the chat box, or perhaps the side of the screen instead of right in our faces.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back on a PC and nope that flicking chasing banner is very annoying. feels clunky
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aaand now we get ANOTHER giant banner on the bottom of the screen advertising things I've already bought. At this rate, there's not going to be any room for the actual forums.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgha_Kul wrote: »
    Aaand now we get ANOTHER giant banner on the bottom of the screen advertising things I've already bought. At this rate, there's not going to be any room for the actual forums.
    The banner at the bottom was actually quite small for me today (compared with previous versions). I think they took feedback on that into account.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Morgha_Kul wrote: »
    The banner at the bottom was actually quite small for me today (compared with previous versions). I think they took feedback on that into account.

Agreed, and it is instantly dismissed - if only the rest of the format changes could be so easily removed!
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yESBkHh.jpg

How can i disable the *** banner ???
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xSkullfox wrote: »
    yESBkHh.jpg

Just click on Schließen and then you shouldn't see it again until the next time. But I thought you were the web design expert... can't you just block it's CSS or something? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yESBkHh.jpg

Just click on Schließen and then you shouldn't see it again until the next time. But I thought you were the web design expert... can't you just block it's CSS or something? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

No option in the user profile, looks i need to fix all the stuff here ...
    Edited by xSkullfox on August 14, 2017 6:51PM
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yESBkHh.jpg

No option in the user profile, looks i need to fix all the stuff here ...

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/extented-eso-forum/nkbgandjpcgmdjkdokndjnhpimplpffc

@Enodoc
    Update to 0.1.3 (takes around 1h to be published), hides the Horns of the Reach ad FOREVER
    488e9ad753bb2393bb96f71fece66044.gif

Edited by xSkullfox on August 14, 2017 7:12PM
    Groupfinder:

Rulz of Morrowind:
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    yESBkHh.jpg

Were you getting the popup even after dismissing it? If so, that's not working the way we intend it to.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yESBkHh.jpg

Were you getting the popup even after dismissing it? If so, that's not working the way we intend it to.

I use Chrome on PC with Adblock+, the popup showed up once, and never again once dismissed. Haven't rebooted yet though so maybe it comes back, but so far it's ok.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yESBkHh.jpg

I use Chrome on PC with Adblock+, the popup showed up once, and never again once dismissed. Haven't rebooted yet though so maybe it comes back, but so far it's ok.

Same here.

I suspect there's confusion between being able to dismiss it instantly when it appears and being able to disable it so that it never appears.
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yESBkHh.jpg

@ZOS_GinaBruno

//Tec stuff
    Ive simply set the cookie ("om-635196") everytime to true, and tada the ad is gone.

And yes i getting it after some time again, same browser same machine.

#edit

Was during the PvP event too, clicked close and the next day it was there again and i didnt cleared the cookies.

#edit2

Broken on Chrome and Firefox...
    wi55JF8.png

Caused by
    ufotV2F.png

Edited by xSkullfox on August 15, 2017 12:09AM
    Groupfinder:

Rulz of Morrowind:
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can console players get there own forums please It's ridiculous i go to read a post someone has wrote and it has nothing to do with the platform i'm even playing on console players are the majority of eso players anyways
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    Can console players get there own forums please It's ridiculous i go to read a post someone has wrote and it has nothing to do with the platform i'm even playing on console players are the majority of eso players anyways
    The content is identical. The only difference between console and PC is in terms of technical issues, and there are already separate tech support forums.
  • Aeolwind
    Aeolwind
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan, 4/10.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    As this thread was specifically for the homepage redesign and the new global navigation bar that we launched a few weeks ago, and is slowly devolving into forum functionality feedback, we're going to close this thread. If you have suggestions or ideas for things you'd like to see on our forums, or have bugs to report, you're welcome to open a new thread. We do have some additional improvements for the ESO homepage coming later this month, so keep an eye out!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.