Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Replace Rewards for the Worthy with the Pelinal's Boxes permanently

• Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rewards of the worthy... ESO's version of annoying inbox spam!
  • gibous
    gibous
    ✭✭✭✭
    The RNG reward boxes are so vastly superior to having an over-saturated pvp gear market with forced vendor/decon chores that it must have been a conscious decision to torture the community. There's no way it's by accident lol.
    Reddington James — Magsorc & Magplar (NA PC)
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice :)
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed! Make it happen captain!
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully the Devs will see how successful the event was and implement some type of changes to rotw.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best idea I've seen in a long time. Pvpers need alchemy materials and siege even without the motifs this idea is still light years ahead of the current system.
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please @ZOS_GinaBruno make this happen!

The event rewards were awesome and PvP already gives flowers from tel var, add them to the reward boxes and end the junk set spam mail!
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't mind the Rotw gear we get, if it was USEFUL!! ZoS needs to revamp all those sets or get rid of them. May as well give us ingots, or leather or silk. Crafted and PvE dropped sets far out class them. How many are even remotely used in PvP builds? Like less than 5?
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Let's get this to 100 posts!
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You did it! Grats!
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »

You did it! Grats!

It makes me feel like Sally Field is my spirit animal now.

YOU LIKE ME! YOU REALLY LIKE ME!

Nah, you guys just want better loot. So do I, though.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So zos has said that they look for 50% approval rating for any changes...im surprised this hasn't happened yet. This would 100% approval. Zos take our money! More subs will come from this with little effort.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This definitely needs to happen. Constantly getting armor and weapons that the majority are doing nothing with but immediately deconstructing is dumb. Give us PvP packages with real rewards that sustains PvP play such as camps, repair materials, siege, and then include Cyrodiil weapons/armor and motifs/recipes along with it.
  • Riggsy
    Riggsy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with this. Heck, Id rather get alchemy mats than the junk gear they keep sending.
    MMAGA - We Made Medium Armor Great Again
    Evasion: Casting this ability and its morphs now requires that you wear 5 pieces of Medium Armor.

Woe Biden - Mule
    Donald Thump - Mule
    M'aiq Pence - Mule
  • qsnoopyjr
    qsnoopyjr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yall kidding me? I love getting suicide bomb gear and marksman gear, trying to outfit an army with this stuff.

I say hell nah to changes.

Changes will make ques in PvP long too, I no like ques in PvP.

So hell nah again

Changes will make Imperial City PvP useless now since you can get tel var in Ava.

So hell nah again

Changes will make it harder to promote another AvA event, because rewards will be too much and to top that it has to be even better, and thats not good for the PvP economy. PvP economy needs help too. (When everyone is high AR, AR hardly be a motivator, rewards is what motivates).

So hell nah again

Hellllll to the nah on this idea
    Edited by qsnoopyjr on August 9, 2017 1:56PM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still really like this idea. Whether Zeni decides to move in this direction or not, the reward mails need looked at again. It was nice when they reduced the delivery rate and my mailbox didn't get full every night. But then they increased the AP value of objectives, which completely cancelled out the reward delivery change. Now we're right back where we started - mailboxes full of junk.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    qsnoopyjr wrote: »
    Yall kidding me? I love getting suicide bomb gear and marksman gear, trying to outfit an army with this stuff.

I say hell nah to changes.

Changes will make ques in PvP long too, I no like ques in PvP.

So hell nah again

Changes will make Imperial City PvP useless now since you can get tel var in Ava.

So hell nah again

Changes will make it harder to promote another AvA event, because rewards will be too much and to top that it has to be even better, and thats not good for the PvP economy. PvP economy needs help too. (When everyone is high AR, AR hardly be a motivator, rewards is what motivates).

So hell nah again

Hellllll to the nah on this idea

I assume that you are joking when you say that rewards that encourage people to PvP and make it a rewarding experience are bad. Having more people in PvP is a good thing and eliminates some of the PvE farming that dedicated PvP'ers have to do for pots. Also, any reward that goes straight to the craft bag is a win in my book. Down with the inventory management!
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just really hope that Zeni could respond in some way.

The lack of ZOS responses is giving me a sad.

:(

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler
  • gibous
    gibous
    ✭✭✭✭
    No "Z" icon next to this thread title yet? Where y'all at this is an easy win for ZOS just take it and make people happy.
    Reddington James — Magsorc & Magplar (NA PC)
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, you may even get a few PvE people to come back if the rewards are useful to them.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I'd like something in the middle.

1) No Telvar. These should be an incentive for people to play IC, and remain available as a reward for future special events
    2) Reduce the cold fire siege rate a bit (but still make them part of the loot table)
    3) Have flowers in there (since there wouldn't be Telvar) - these are used for pots/poisons
    4) Reduce Forward Camp drops a bit, but not too much. If it could encourage more people to start using the damn things, I'm all for it. But don't cheapen them too much (after all, they usually cost 20K APs - we need some AP sinks to remain in there)

Current RftW are 90% garbage (aside from the occasional soul gem). The looted armor can be bought for APs from merchants for those who do need to build a new set.
    Edited by RMerlin on August 9, 2017 4:23PM
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

1) No Telvar. These should be an incentive for people to play IC, and remain available as a reward for future special events
    2) Reduce the cold fire siege rate a bit (but still make them part of the loot table)
    3) Have flowers in there (since there wouldn't be Telvar) - these are used for pots/poisons
    4) Reduce Forward Camp drops a bit, but not too much. If it could encourage more people to start using the damn things, I'm all for it. But don't cheapen them too much (after all, they usually cost 20K APs - we need some AP sinks to remain in there)

Current RftW are 90% garbage (aside from the occasional soul gem). The looted armor can be bought for APs from merchants for those who do need to build a new set.

Calling current RftW emails 90% garbage is being incredibly generous.

Over 99% of mine are deconned for materials, and that's it. If I'm leveling up a new crafter, that's who does all the deconning (and turns a few into his traits when leaning them), but that's about all the use I get out of them.
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭

Over 99% of mine are deconned for materials, and that's it. If I'm leveling up a new crafter, that's who does all the deconning (and turns a few into his traits when leaning them), but that's about all the use I get out of them.

I actually sell some that stuff for around 500g each, plus there are the occasional soul gems, and a couple of coins. That amounts to 10% non-garbage to me :)
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting for a Wheeler comment

PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I actually sell some that stuff for around 500g each, plus there are the occasional soul gems, and a couple of coins. That amounts to 10% non-garbage to me :)

Fair enough.
  • qsnoopyjr
    qsnoopyjr
    ✭✭✭✭
    All good things come at a cost.

Also,
    Still waiting for a Wheeler comment

He's a pro developer, he knows better to fall victim to ploys like this.

Just give us these rewards they good!
    Month later "give us some more rewards!"
    Month after that "we need more rewards!"
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TBois wrote: »
    So zos has said that they look for 50% approval rating for any changes...im surprised this hasn't happened yet. This would 100% approval. Zos take our money! More subs will come from this with little effort.

Who would turn down free gold and dank lewtz?

ZOS has to be careful not to disrupt any markets with a change like this. They know we don't like RftW mails, though. They rework them every year or so, and we're overdue. Give 'em time.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great idea!
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zbigb4life wrote: »
    Great idea!

PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed that the boxes were far more useful than Rewards for the Worthy have been ever, of course when you're used to getting handed the chore of emptying a mailbox full of garbage just about anything different is a step up.

Ideally, I'd rather that ZOS take a look at just how many sets they've created that are of absolutely no interest to anyone playing any aspect of the game and do something about that, but that's just dreaming.

The boxes of useful things were a huge improvement over the used toilet paper "rewards" we've been getting in Cyrodiil.