The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Challenging Lowbies to Duels

• Keep_Door
    Keep_Door
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, scubs like you have to beat someone.

Its not testing anything m, you are just trying to make yourself feel better for getting rekt in bgs and going 0 -27
    Edited by Keep_Door on August 6, 2017 12:54PM
    Options
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And people still wonder why pvp is such a small part of the population... seriousely to the poster, I'm assuming this is a troll post as I refuse to believe anyone is that dense :/
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I want to make a low level alt with yellow gear, craft it with basic mismatched styles and challenge some cp 300+s hanging in newbie areas. :p
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
    Options
  • Theosis
    Theosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im rather sick of random duel challenges the moment I spawn in certain towns
    This is were my signature would be if I was allowed one.
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And people still wonder why pvp is such a small part of the population... seriousely to the poster, I'm assuming this is a troll post as I refuse to believe anyone is that dense :/

It seems like troll post, but I remember getting duel requests on my fresh lvl 3 chars, while running from the spawn point to a bank.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
    Options
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I often wonder about this.. Every time I create a new toon, I get peeps hitting me up for a duel who are in the 400 and 500 CPs while my toon is in the single digit, teens and 20s level. Also, had a couple in the 630 hit me up, as I can recall. I just re-created a couple of new toons and same shite. I mean, really.. why?? I'm thinking these players probably have gotten their arses kick in a recent dueling bout or something and needed a quick pick me up to ponce on a lowbie toon so they can feel better about themselves again.. yeah? Likewise, I also don't know why a lowbie toon would challenge a higher CP toon for a duel. Whatever.. play the way you play, I guess. However, just to hit up a lowbie for a duel just so you can get a quick win, is just low (dirtbag low) in my book.
    Options
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how it is in todays age but when I was younger if you played video games or even be on the computer you were a geek or nerd. The "cool people" would mock us and make fun of us being dorks. Lots of times the cool people were the jocks. Sport jocks. Even worse as someone said, it could be the bullies that would mock us or worse still beat us up.

My how times have changed. We have become cowards and bullies hiding behind a tv/monitor being bullies ourselves now.

Yes it's one thing if the "lowbies" accept, after all they can refuse, but to say you want to see how fast you can kill them. Geeze, seems you have some problems. Or trolling which means you have other issues then. I mean, what do you have to prove? At least a bully beats you up to your face. A jock can prove that he is better than you in a sports/physical way. They can put their money where their mouth is. What are you proving? You are better because you are quicker on the keyboard, mouse/controller? You have played longer so you can be a higher level and have better gear?

Yeah pretty shameful you are a bully in the cyber world. Proud eh? Proud at being what?
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
    Options
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Best way to look at it grown man goes to a play ground picks a fight with an 8 year old

Vs

Grown man goes to a ring an dpicks fight with another grown man.
    Options
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when your epeen is that big i guess its hard to not swing it
    Options
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP sounds like this guy who was trolling around the Mournhold Wayshrine, near max CP, and was acting super cocky about beating my friend in a duel on his lowbie, but would refuse to duel any of us who were on a max level character. He then went around spamming duel invites on every lowbie person there.
    Options
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You do realize that lowbie could be sitting on a 1500+ cp account
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Blanco wrote: »
    But I figure that if they accept, then they want to duel. I find it an interesting way to test your burst damage.

SIGH..........the only reason I'm not going to outright say you're a menace to society is because players have a choice in whether a Duel takes place or not, so all the low levels getting rekt by you was ultimately their choice.

Then, I will do it for you. The OP is a menace to society and an online bully.

99 percent of those noobs have no clue what a duel confirm is.
    Edited by Darlgon on August 6, 2017 8:43PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »
    I often wonder about this.. Every time I create a new toon, I get peeps hitting me up for a duel who are in the 400 and 500 CPs while my toon is in the single digit, teens and 20s level. Also, had a couple in the 630 hit me up, as I can recall. I just re-created a couple of new toons and same shite. I mean, really.. why?? I'm thinking these players probably have gotten their arses kick in a recent dueling bout or something and needed a quick pick me up to ponce on a lowbie toon so they can feel better about themselves again.. yeah? Likewise, I also don't know why a lowbie toon would challenge a higher CP toon for a duel. Whatever.. play the way you play, I guess. However, just to hit up a lowbie for a duel just so you can get a quick win, is just low (dirtbag low) in my book.

Even in dueling guilds, there are occasionally some players who only want to duel someone they know they can beat, or completely change their build around to specifically counter each other person.

I think this is a bit pointless, because you are only really improving when you duel people who are better than you are, or fighting against some build that you have trouble with. If it's too easy, you are not learning anything. I improved the most when a friend who was skilled at a specific build was kind enough to spend a lot of time dueling me over and over, beating me hundreds of times in a row until finally I managed to kill them.

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on August 6, 2017 9:20PM
    Options
  • Demycilian
    Demycilian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Curious, this flamebait thread still didnt get locked?
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    You're a massive scrub for doing this. The game has a steep learning curve and duelling low level player is a 'test' in the same way that Michael Phelps tracking his lap times in a kiddie pool is a 'test'. Most likely the player is under geared and has no clue what they are doing, so you're not gauging anything relevant.

Besides, why would you wanna see how you fare against low level players? Is that the only thing you are expecting to kill? It's not constructive for either party. How about you duel tough maxed out opponents to really understand how your build performs against leigitimate threats in PvP?

Personally, whenever I see a cp 500+ player picking on low cp or no cp players out and about, I offer a challenge as the very next fight and then delete em in seconds flat.
    This, now letting them win changes it :)

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • The_Smilemeister
    The_Smilemeister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whether or not you think it's shameful...

MBJesusPsycho.jpg
    Options
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A buddy of mines got duelist on a level 30 magdk from people like you lol.
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Demycilian wrote: »
    Curious, this flamebait thread still didnt get locked?

Takes someone reporting the thread, and the moderators thinking this guy does not deserve the abuse he is calling on himself.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It kinda says " I'm not good enough to beat players on my own level, so please give me an easy win"...imo it makes you a scrub(no hate), just being honest, get good!
    Options
  • CrisXD
    CrisXD
    ✭✭✭
    Well, there are also some lowbies with level 10 gold gear running around who get a kick out of beating up max CP players in duels

This happened to me :D lesson learnt! Never judge any character by their level and I suck at PvP ha
    PS4 EU
    Tamriel Dance Masters:
    AD - Altmer MagSorc, Altmer Magplar, Redguard StamBlade(PVP)
    EP - Nord Tank, Altmer MagSorc(PVP), Dunmer MagBlade(PVP)
    DC - Redguard StamWarden, Breton MagDK

GM - The Taverneers PS4 EU

Feeling Fresh Traders PS4 EU
    Options
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a new toon because of high lvls picking on lowbies, so at lvl 30+ i like to duel them when they are picking on lowbies, theyre usually 300 - 500 cps.

Of course my nb is a health regen build, so i like to just stand there doing nothing, while they go crazy with their attacks ... never getting past 60% of my hp, then i quit the duel, return and throw a mudball on him just to show him how much he sucks :D oh yeah .. the lowbies laugh at him too x)
    Options
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love people like you, I always accept it, kick your ass and watch you get teabagged. Just because I dont have all the skills unlocked by level 10, doesnt mean I cant craft my armor you bi...you beautiful human being.
    I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie
    Options
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs round with high PvP rank title on

Has auto-decline switched ON

:trollface:
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
    Options
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    who's stronger, a lvl 40 with 630 CP (such as an unmaxed alt for example) or someone with less than 630cp?
    Options
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a level 40 NB challenge me to a duel on my level 10 NB. He barely made a dent in my health. After a few minutes I had him down to a fraction of health. He streaked away and foreited the duel.

He then sent me a whisper saying WTF, so I explained that I have 850CP and was also a Grand Overlord on another character.

I was a bit annoyed that I didn't get credit for the duel though. He deliberately bailed so I should have got the victory. Right?
    Options
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a shameful act?

Sometimes when queueing for BGs, I'll seek out lowbies and challenge them to duels just to see how fast I can kill them. It's usually under 5-10 seconds.

Should I stop doing this? It serves as a sort of makeshift dps test for me, even though we don't use dps in pvp. I can assess my burst.

If it discourages newer players from continuing the game, I might have to stop.

But I figure that if they accept, then they want to duel. I find it an interesting way to test your burst damage.

First and foremost, it's your game; your rules. Secondly I hardly duel, however I used to thought it was shameful to attack low levels. Unless if I must and forced to that is.

Until yesterday I was forced to attack a low lvl 45, whom could actually be one of characters from the X-men series due to Gamertag name.

This low lvl 45 was on sejanus, attacked a member of group I was in, so I went up. Down my member fell, in our Sejanus. Yet, behold low lvl 45; tried to block me as it to stop, (I wish recognization don't set in)

I then started to attack, took 15 minutes for lvl 45 Warden to get destroyed. I also failed to mention, took 10 of us to destroy that Low lvl Warden. Especially when I first saw was a ice tanking build, I knew it was going be long fight.

But now back at dueling, it's hard to say anymore. Yes it is nice to challenge low lvl to test their mettle, but only if they want to. However I just wished there was some way to tell if that Low lvl is true low lvl, or a low lvl with cp; wish something would be implanted.

In conclusion, do what ever you want. At same time I think it is wrong, especially if forced to in a PvP perspective wise. But due to that Warden now I'm so very unsure anymore.

Duels on the other hand, outside of PvP is alright but won't discourage love lvl to not go in Pvp. On a side note, most of us where low lvls in Pvp in the get go. Especially making new characters while in a campaign full of 630 CP, I also forgot low lvls are scaled to.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
    Options
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny when CP players try to duel my poor level 16 character only for me to mop the floor with them.
    Edited by Vrienda on August 7, 2017 1:07PM
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
    Options
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I figure that if they accept, then they want to duel.

That, right there, is the issue. Yes, they have to accept for you to duel them, but they very well may be accepting because of one of the following reasons:
    • This is the first time someone has challenged them, and they're curious enough to try it
    • They didn't know dueling was even in this game, so they're curious to try it when you challenge them
    • They've never PvPed at all before, and accept your challenge on good faith

PvP can be a vicious learning curve to a new player. Having their very first PvP experience be a curb-stomp can turn them off the whole thing, because it will strike them as neither fun nor fair. I don't know how you wouldn't think that would discourage newbies from getting into PvP. Do you like to be rofl-stomped by some nameless high-level jerk when you're still testing the waters of a new multiplayer game?
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
    Options
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went to stonefalls as a level 12 magplar and went 15-0 before my first loss to a level 40 stam sorc. I'm CP capped but it was hilarious beating 300-450 cp players challenging low levels lol.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
    Options
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, don't stop. It's fun mopping up high level CP players on my characters I haven't unlocked my second bar on.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

Options