The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Challenging Lowbies to Duels

Betsararie
Betsararie
✭✭✭✭✭
Is this a shameful act?

Sometimes when queueing for BGs, I'll seek out lowbies and challenge them to duels just to see how fast I can kill them. It's usually under 5-10 seconds.

Should I stop doing this? It serves as a sort of makeshift dps test for me, even though we don't use dps in pvp. I can assess my burst.

If it discourages newer players from continuing the game, I might have to stop.

But I figure that if they accept, then they want to duel. I find it an interesting way to test your burst damage.
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You monster
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't tell if this is a troll post or you're just really full of yourself. Either way I don't see the point.
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »
    Is this a shameful act?

Sometimes when queueing for BGs, I'll seek out lowbies and challenge them to duels just to see how fast I can kill them. It's usually under 5-10 seconds.

Should I stop doing this? It serves as a sort of makeshift dps test for me, even though we don't use dps in pvp. I can assess my burst.

But I figure that if they accept, then they want to duel. I find it an interesting way to test your burst damage.

Only you can answer if you are ashamed, although I have to tell you it is impressing seeing someone actually be able to post on a message board with their head lodged so far up their rectum
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How does it help you asses your burst? They'll have crappy gear with no impen more than likely' Half their passives' half their skills and no idea how to counter you.

• IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, there are also some lowbies with level 10 gold gear running around who get a kick out of beating up max CP players in duels
  • Wrubius_Coronaria
    Wrubius_Coronaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a shameful act?

Congratulations for unlocking "duellist" title, you're op now. ;)
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes; judging from what you say, it probably does fall into the category of a "shameful act" because it sounds very much akin to bullying.

In Yorkshire, England (where people say it as it is) they would conclude that, an irresistible need to do such a mean deed, would stem from - what is quilocally known as - a willy complex.
    PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a level 9 challenge me on my DK, killed him near instantly, then chatted a bit and found out he was a brand new player to ESO. I gave him 30k and welcomed him to the game. I'd say that new player appreciated it. Dueling doesn't just have to be about beating people and rubbing their nose in it.
  • Denyiir
    Denyiir
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're good, just make sure you t-bag every single one of them :lol:
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't go out of my way to challenge lower level players to duels, but if one runs up and requests one with me, I like to humor them. It's a great icebreaker for teaching newer players the game mechanics, and potentially meeting new friends.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

SIGH..........the only reason I'm not going to outright say you're a menace to society is because players have a choice in whether a Duel takes place or not, so all the low levels getting rekt by you was ultimately their choice.

CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was on my lvl 17 MagDK one day and a tough guy like you was being a tough guy. He called me a newb and some other things. I challenged him to a duel. I killed him in less than 10 seconds. Just because someone is on a lowbie, doesnt mean they dont have max Cp and an understanding of the game that even someone as amazing as yourself may not have.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Saw a person on the forums a bit back that posted a video of him on a level <10 that dueled people and REKT a lot of high levels. However, going around dueling lowbies just to see how fast you can kill them is pretty low. Some might be High CP on lowbie alts but some are also new to the game and might have joined the BG to see what it was like not knowing what to expect. Some MMO's its perfectly fine to queue for instance PvP as low level and still be able to do good, this is less true here but it won't stop people from testing it.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, there are also some lowbies with level 10 gold gear running around who get a kick out of beating up max CP players in duels
    Oh man I got to try this. Which would be the best class to do it.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had them challenge me. I remember one time I was on my mag sorc grabbing dailies. I queued for them in group finder then got challenged. I literally spammed shields and twilight matriarch heals while reading the forums on my phone. This went on for a long time before he just ran off to do something else.

waits patiently for nerf sorc comments...
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's annoying AF when jackasses camp wayshrines, hoping to trick low level new players into accidentally accepting a duel when new players just meant to port somewhere.

I get this crap on my tiny toons but never when I'm on my CP characters. Fracking cowards.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My lvl 15 pvp character would love to fight you but he is also golden out with pvp gear for below 50 pvp ;)
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    Pele wrote: »
    It's annoying AF when jackasses camp wayshrines, hoping to trick low level new players into accidentally accepting a duel when new players just meant to port somewhere.

I get this crap on my tiny toons but never when I'm on my CP characters. Fracking cowards.

Try the auto-decline duels option in the options menu. I have it on all my characters and it saves having to decline when I'm trying to travel or waiting for a pledge group.
    Ps4 EU
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Peacatcher wrote: »

Try the auto-decline duels option in the options menu. I have it on all my characters and it saves having to decline when I'm trying to travel or waiting for a pledge group.

^ This. ^

Good luck trying to get my lowbie alts to duel. I usually only duel with friends anyway.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ITT: People with hardly enough brain cells to rub together, who came in to berate the OP as soon as they read 'Lowbies' and 'Duels'

If someone accepts a duel invite, they're well... accepting a duel invite, nothing you can really do about it if they accept and get cheesed off after getting creamed...

I'm so hungry for a bagel right now
    Edited by KochDerDamonen on August 6, 2017 10:15AM
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, it just looks like cowardice. Really they're "testing their burst damage". It really wrecks up the scientific value if it's an actual duel.
    Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a cp 610 try to duel me on my stamina nightblade level 30 (770cp full pvp bis gear, eternal Hunt + shadow walker + night silence) when i defeated him i got a report for cheating and he ragequitted in front of me XD
    Signature

• NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't challenge lowbies; I do not accept challenges from lowbies.

Reasons are obvious.
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
    I have some achievements
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a shameful act?
    Yes.

Pick on someone your own size. Or skill, gear, CP levels, whatever.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I duel a lot better on low level toons than cp630 toons. Hidden cp, crafted gear and upscalling is all very OP in this game. I tend to get beat more often than not when it's a 630 v 630, but rarely lose on my sub 30 toon.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tonnopesce wrote: »
    I had a cp 610 try to duel me on my stamina nightblade level 30 (770cp full pvp bis gear, eternal Hunt + shadow walker + night silence) when i defeated him i got a report for cheating and he ragequitted in front of me XD

I never ever duel NB's for that reason. In all my time playing this game i have never had abuse or childish shite thrown at me, but once i began duelling, I lost count of the times I received abusive whispers. All from NB's.

I'm a noob because I use BoL
    I'm a noob because I use inner light
    I'm a noob because i use rune of protection
    I'm a noob because sweeping

I'm a noob because I don't handicap myself and just use light/heavy attacks, whilst they can disappear into a plume of smoke every second, but can't due to inner light and me using detection potions. You're not allowed to counter them. Not all NB's are salty af losers, but all salty af losers tend to be NB's. I simply refuse to duel them now. It's obviously the go to class for all the try hard kids.

Edited by Prof_Bawbag on August 6, 2017 11:14AM
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonnopesce wrote: »

I never ever duel NB's for that reason. In all my time playing this game i have never had abuse or childish shite thrown at me, but once i began duelling, I lost count of the times I received abusive whispers. All from NB's.

I'm a noob because I use BoL
    I'm a noob because I use inner light
    I'm a noob because i use rune of protection
    I'm a noob because sweeping

I'm a noob because I don't handicap myself and just use light/heavy attacks, whilst they can disappear into a plume of smoke every second, but can't due to inner light and me using detection potions. You're not allowed to counter them. Not all NB's are salty af losers, but all salty af losers tend to be NB's. I simply refuse to duel them now. It's obviously the go to class for all the try hard kids.

You got the story wrong... I was the nb and the ragewhisperer, who reported me was a warden stamina tremorscale spammer.
    Too bad you think that about nb.
    But for me the worst are the ganksqads who kills you in 5 (proctards most of the times) and group teabag you at the end
    Signature

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically there's nothing wrong with it because they can refuse the request, or ignore it.

But it does seem pretty pointless. There is absolutely nothing impressive about beating people so far below your level who have barely any skills, attribute points, probably don't even have a matching set of gear and may not have any CP.

And on top of that it's a pretty terrible DPS test because there will be little/no consistency between your targets. If you kill one random newbie quicker than another there's no way to tell if it's because your build/rotation has gotten better or if they were just worse than the last one.

Honestly you'd be better off fighting mudcrabs. It's just as impressive when you win and at least you'll have a consistent baseline for your "DPS test".
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Make sure you do the duels in the busiest parts of major hubs, especially near crafting tables, banks and the Undaunted Enclave.

Then create another post complaining about lag/Zenimax servers.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You're a massive scrub for doing this. The game has a steep learning curve and duelling low level player is a 'test' in the same way that Michael Phelps tracking his lap times in a kiddie pool is a 'test'. Most likely the player is under geared and has no clue what they are doing, so you're not gauging anything relevant.

Besides, why would you wanna see how you fare against low level players? Is that the only thing you are expecting to kill? It's not constructive for either party. How about you duel tough maxed out opponents to really understand how your build performs against leigitimate threats in PvP?

Personally, whenever I see a cp 500+ player picking on low cp or no cp players out and about, I offer a challenge as the very next fight and then delete em in seconds flat.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos