Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Challenging Lowbies to Duels

• OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What you're doing is lame, but everyone has an itch to scratch.

Instead make a new toon and invite max level/cp players to duel and see how many you can kill. You'd be surprised how many you kill, there are a lot of people who will accept a duel from a level 20 only to die as they have no idea how to PvP.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I defeated a lv45 DC with a spammer cliff lv10 warden.

Is this a shameful act?
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like to let them know Im also watching the timer slowly expire on the duel request, especially if I just stepped off the wayshrine or crafting.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OdinForge wrote: »
    What you're doing is lame, but everyone has an itch to scratch.

Instead make a new toon and invite max level/cp players to duel and see how many you can kill. You'd be surprised how many you kill, there are a lot of people who will accept a duel from a level 20 only to die as they have no idea how to PvP.
    This, and this is far more fun. as you say most players can not pvp, in towns are usually in pve setup even if they can.
    No costume and make sure armor is a mess, you might want to use dye and craft from different styles to increase the noob effect.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care if I win or lose these dumb things. To me it's a role playing function. For example the other day I was out hunting down buried treasure when a came across a wonderful oasis full of harmless goats. They were just hangin' out having some weed and all of the sudden this low level 20 something comes along and starts murdering them all! I shouted at him to stop this outrageous act. I chased him down and challenged him to a dual!

He just kind of ignored me. It was a lost opportunity on his part to have a few laughs with a random roleplaying moment.

When people like OP are hanging around the Undaunted tent challenging lowbies, I just assume they are bored and are waiting for their next dungeon. I always accept those even if I know I'm toast. It's kind of like "Whatever dude. If it makes you feel better."

Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »
    Is this a shameful act?

Sometimes when queueing for BGs, I'll seek out lowbies and challenge them to duels just to see how fast I can kill them. It's usually under 5-10 seconds.

Should I stop doing this? It serves as a sort of makeshift dps test for me, even though we don't use dps in pvp. I can assess my burst.

If it discourages newer players from continuing the game, I might have to stop.

But I figure that if they accept, then they want to duel. I find it an interesting way to test your burst damage.

Challenging a lowbie (especially a newbie) is basically like a high school bully challenging a grade schooler to a fight. Sure, you can do it... and you'll win... but it does make you a bully - and a lousy human being if you're shaking down grade school students for their lunch money.
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    who's stronger, a lvl 40 with 630 CP (such as an unmaxed alt for example) or someone with less than 630cp?

If the level 40 has bis pvp gear all impen all purple all the enchants purple and even jewels I'd say the level 40 is strongher, battle spirit boost your resources
    Signature

• Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get a kick out of accepting dueling requests from random people. About 90% of them are nightblades.

It takes me three clicks to change from my PvE very OBVIOUS tank gear (Ebon armory orbs), which would be easy pickings in a duel, into my PvP sets (Full gold blackrose/7th/tremor or purple ravager/7th legion/tremor) and skill bars. Watching a lot of the kids that challenge me to a duel try and kill me is entertaining. (about 3/4 are nightblades, the remainder are predominately sorcs with a handful of other DKs). Most are set up for maximum burst and seriously do not expect a tanky stam build to turn around and wreak them with 2.5/2.8k WD and a dueling skil setup. Even fewer (of the NBs) know what to do when I survive their initial burst, heal myself with vigor, then turn around and wreak them.

I've been debating getting a oblivion damage set specifically for the magsorcs duelists. The spec is ridiculously strong in 1v1 considering they have easy burst, ridiculously strong shields, powerful heals (matriarch, heal ward), top-tier mobility (streak), and incredible sustain (dark deal/conversion). but that is a debate for another time and place.
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this a shameful act?

Sometimes when queueing for BGs, I'll seek out lowbies and challenge them to duels just to see how fast I can kill them. It's usually under 5-10 seconds.

Should I stop doing this? It serves as a sort of makeshift dps test for me, even though we don't use dps in pvp. I can assess my burst.

But I figure that if they accept, then they want to duel. I find it an interesting way to test your burst damage.

The word youre looking for is "spineless" often followed up by "little b!tch", but shameful? nooo never.....
    Edited by MercTheMage on August 7, 2017 4:04PM
    You just going to stand there like a lemon?
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that when I was lowbie, players with any level were inviting me to duel very often, but now when I'm 200+ cp nobody gives a *** about meh. I remember one idiot who was inviting every lowbie to duel in Mournhold and teabagged them. Where these people come from?
    PC/EU
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you just want attention or people to give you praise lol? Youll eventually find a noob with or without cp who will beat you and make you feel ashamed. ive seen plenty of sub 50 players beating max cp players in duels
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it's the other way around. I challenge CP 630 with my mules.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #epeen

compensating for something?
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If nobody shows you that you are bad you will never improve. You are doing them a favour, they just don't know it yet. ;D
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Yarlenzey
    Yarlenzey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this a shameful act?

As long as you feel comfortable with the inequity of it all.

Why not just do this all the time?

I got suspenders for saying "Testicular Mass" instead of "Balls". like, rilly.

• DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love this kind of player who challenges my tank with no DPS to a duel!

One sec... *Opens Dressing Room and equips troll build with tremorscale and Meridias*, lets go :D:D
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a shameful act?

I thought this thread was going to be about the scaling exploit.

Unless you have good dps burst, or tank/heals a lvl'd character can destroy you much easier than someone at CP can.

Master Debater
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love this kind of player who challenges my tank with no DPS to a duel!

One sec... *Opens Dressing Room and equips troll build with tremorscale and Meridias*, lets go :D:D

Not really a lowbie situation, but I had a DPS challenge my main tank to a dual a while back. This guy had burst damage for sure...but I'm a tank. Over and over he came at me. Same result. I'd go down about half way then do the DK thing and be back up to full health. He really tried for about 5 minutes but he couldn't get me down. He finally ran away from the fight.

I whispered him, "You see, it's the shield that gives it away.."

He ignored that too. LOL
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a shameful act?

Really funny.

I search enemies for a real challange. Give me 10 seconds to make your light out ;)
    Edited by DeHei on August 13, 2017 7:05AM
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)