Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Torug's Pact BUG

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    How about you show the video of this happening. Scientific inquiry requires reproducibility.

A video aswell as screenshots of the behavior (50s parse with 47 glyph proccs - which is impossible if the cd was 1.4s) have been posted.

Why do you even post if you don´t bother to read the replies.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this remains unaddressed when HotR goes live, build diversity in both pve and pvp will suffer greatly. Current PTS parses for damaging enchants are outpacing the strongest skills in all kits, even those buffed by other weapons, items, synergies, etc. and status effect up-times are exceptionally high compared to live servers. To be clear, buffing it is fine. The intended function as stated in the PTS notes would be fine I think (though we can't really test that, can we?)
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    If I'm not mistaking other information I've seen, but at moment can't you have infused weapon on front bar and back bar say sharpend and the infused works on both? Crazy shite. I'll keep an eye on this topic too see what will happen in PvP. Cheers and thanks for your help hard testing.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    LZH wrote: »
    imgur.com/h5RbbJp

56K DPS with Torug's Pact, SPC, Horn, and Ele Drain.

You can see the 46 Shock enchant procs in 49 seconds meaning it's proccing almost every second (some procs probably missed because of bar swapping).

Just out curiousity, what other sets were you using?

Imagine this with a prismatic enchant vs daedric bosses, vamps or werewolfs..

It was Alcast tests he used Mother sorrow as 2nd set.

Thanks, found the video. He was indeed wearing 5x mothers sorrow, 5x torugs pact and 1x icehearth.

If this goes live nearly everyone will use Torugs in pve and pvp. Since when is it intended for a weapon glyph to do such an insane amount of dps? In Alcast his test it deals more dps than Liquid Lightning which is one of the strongest ground aoe dots in the game.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    How about you show the video of this happening. Scientific inquiry requires reproducibility.

A video aswell as screenshots of the behavior (50s parse with 47 glyph proccs - which is impossible if the cd was 1.4s) have been posted.

Actually it was 72 glyph procs if You add fire and shock dmg enchants proccs.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well different bar differnet cd.
    You´ll be seeing a lot of barswap doubleinfused builds imo - they´ll always have a procc for every lightattack.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    That cant be true and really go live right oO

I thought the same 3 weeks ago but now...

Yeah I was thinking the same. Next day after 3.1.1 I knew that Torug's is bugged but I was sure they'll fix that especially when they said 3.1.3 will bring changes and fixes to sets. But now I am little concerned about that issue because update release is very close and people start to create builds around that bug and prepare to this like it would be feature. @Alcast even said on Twitch that one of devs said they wont change that.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well different bar differnet cd.
    You´ll be seeing a lot of barswap doubleinfused builds imo - they´ll always have a procc for every lightattack.

Yeah but both happening in 49 seconds period of time if You have one bar active second cannot proc enchant so it's 72 procs during 49 seconds. I assume if You wont barswap You would get something around 60-70 procs of single enchant.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can finally build to light attack Veteran trial bosses to death in first person now. I can play ESO like I played Skyrim :o
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they should create kind a buff called major enchanter or whatever for both infused and torugs so they cant stack with each other
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been wearing this set for about a month and it's certainly not op and won't be next patch so much fear mongering if you can stack shields and proccs and other stuff why not enchants
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kram8ion wrote: »
    I've been wearing this set for about a month and it's certainly not op and won't be next patch so much fear mongering if you can stack shields and proccs and other stuff why not enchants
    Do you struggle with maths?
    Because I can!
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I had similar thoughts...It looks like some people just dont get what this thread is about.
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the problem? PvP bitched and bitched about all of the unfair sets and Zos finally listened to you guys. Everybody has easy access to a craftable OP set, both PvP and PvE can finally let out a big deep breath.

ESO is finally balanced on both sides. Thank you Zos ❤
    Edited by BlazingDynamo on August 1, 2017 10:40PM
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No struggling here just actual practice not speculation. Hell im not even denying alcast video but I'm not as skilled as him and I'm guessing your probably not either
    ps4eu

• DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

No struggling here just actual practice not speculation. Hell im not even denying alcast video but I'm not as skilled as him and I'm guessing your probably not either

I wish I could use light attacks only and pull 20k. Much skill, very hard, wow.

The bug, if you didn't catch, is not speculative. The bug itself is very real, reproducible, and not working as ZOS says this set is on PTS.

We're not even talking about its strength, it is bugged. (It's also a little strong lmao)
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Problem is You have no idea what is the thread subject and by that You miss the point entirely. You're talking about running with Torugs on live server and thread is about changes to the set added on PTS and fact there is a bug in implementation of those changes that makes certain builds overperforming.
    Edited by Juhasow on August 1, 2017 11:41PM
  • wildbear247
    wildbear247
    ✭✭✭
    Would be good to see ZOS fix this before PTS updates are completed
    PC NA
    The Ironwood Clan (all DC): Karbal Ironwood (Stamblade, PvP); Galtan Ironwood (Magblade, crafter, PvE, some PvP)

MY #1 ESO REQUEST: An overhauled way in which ZOS gathers, assesses, responds to, and incorporates player feedback on the current and future state of the game.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Problem is You have no idea what is the thread subject and by that You miss the point entirely. You're talking about running with Torugs on live server and thread is about changes to the set added on PTS and fact there is a bug in implementation of those changes that makes builds that overperform.
    I understand the thread subject fine it's the over performance opinion that's hard to swallow sometimes
    ps4eu

• Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't be surprised if this was working as intended to be honest. If this was a stamina set it would've been nerfed/fixed immediately.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont have any confidence in ZOS that they will fix this in time for live. It will probably run its cancerous course for 3 months before they realise they have to fix it, if they even know how to. Sadface.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow this must be fixed?

(it's the reverse psychology thing right? if we all call for a fix they will just leave it be so we have new toys to play?)
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    if this isn't fixed when this update goes live I'm exploiting the *** outta it.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »

Can't deny your honesty go for it
    ps4eu

• Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Can't deny your honesty go for it

It's been raised soooo hard. If ZoS ignore this one and go live with it, it's on them.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No reply from ZOS ? Wow ...
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all seriousness, if this is working as intended, any class that relies on shields, specifically sorcs which have no decent heal, will be totally destroyed in pvp. 4k dps bypassing shields, just imagine a sorc against this ***
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah, me too. I think Im going with a magicka NB destro/resto dual oblivion enchant light attack barswap build. Stack a ton of resources into regen so you can perma cloak and use efficient purge when needed. Soul harvest to quickly build resto ulti and something like skoria to take advantage of the crippling grasp DOT.

It already sounds like a fun build, I cannot wait!
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God forbid there's a counter for sorcs :o
    ps4eu

• dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liofa wrote: »
    Ok , seeing all these ''nerf torugs'' comments , I don't mean just this thread , all threads about torug's in general , I feel like I need to clear some things up for you . First of all , go read OP . Understand that intended cooldown is 1.4 seconds . Current cooldown on PTS is 0.8 seconds . Because it is bugged . Just fixing this bug will reduce the overall DPS of enchants almost by half because enchants will proc less frequently . You need to understand this first .

Using Infused on 1 weapon also reduces the cooldown of back bar enchants which is completely broken .

Using Infused on Main Hand while dual wielding reduces cooldown of off-hand enchant which also is not intended .

Using Infused trait on Main Hand buffs the vMA Bow enchants power , also broken .

These are just the problems about Infused . When all these are fixed , Torug's is nowhere near being BiS . Because of these bugs , people think Torug's Pact is a problem . It is not . As many others said , this set is in the game from the very start and now being a balance issue because of the bugs we have in PTS . We already did our part by reporting these bugs , several times actually . Doing the rest is up to ZOS . It is their job to fix these bugs .

To sum up , stop suggesting nerfs to Torug's Pact set . It is the bugs we have on PTS that makes it strong . Without bugs , it is nowhere being as strong as people think . I am sorry but all I see in these comments I mentioned is people speaking nonsense , not even knowing how to spell the set's name correctly . Rant over .

Please...if you are reading this thread and have not already carefully read the above quote. Do so now. Beautifully stated @Liofa