Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

THE ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE: NEW PLAYER GUIDE

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Why is the OP of this thread not kept up to date? Looks to be last update was pre-CP. of course console but that would need different info for controls and such.
  • mjonis
    mjonis
    I'd add a few things:

1) DO NOT buy any bag or bank upgrades until after level 16. Apparently there's a "feature" (it's on the bug forum). Something to the effect of:

At level 7 you get a free inventory bag space upgrade, but only if you did not pay for one prior.

At level 16 you get a free BANK space upgrade. But only if you did not buy any BAG or BANK space upgrade prior.

Since I used my first 200 gold or whatever to get a bag space upgrade, I missed out on 2 free upgrades.

:(

2) You can visit a Stable every day to buy upgrades for your mount. Not sure if you buy the mount space upgrades if it ruins #1 above.

Edited by mjonis on April 5, 2018 7:09PM
  • InkBearGA
    InkBearGA
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the help w the basics!
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    This is a great guide for new players and I would love to see this guide updated as well! It's an enormously labor-intensive task-- perhaps someone in the community can be designated to keep it current.

I've also found this one to be one of the most complete and fairly updated (as of Fall 2018)and refer it to many new players:

http://www.sunshine-daydream.us/ESO/

idk wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Why is the OP of this thread not kept up to date? Looks to be last update was pre-CP. of course console but that would need different info for controls and such.
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is something that should have been stickied a long time ago. I really hate those Twitch and You Tubers channel that never really helped the newbie and casual player of which this game has many. Those meta and mid max players with those channel do nothing for the new players. Notice how they are always decked out in legendary gear that newbies or casuals will have it hard to get to that point. I guess because they are decked out in the best gear we should do everything they say too.I watch those videos now and know a lot of them give out bad info.
  • DarthVlarrad
    DarthVlarrad
    Soul Shriven
    Hello fellow citizens, as a noob I have no idea what to spend my gold for, can you give me some advices? I already have 3 mounts, so I don't need to buy them. I'm a homeless templar atm, but house doesn't affect anything, but RP aspect. So, any suggestions?

PS - it's not like I already have billions of gold, but would be good to know in advance.
  • Feldon
    Feldon
    This is really helpful! I've only played PC and it was years ago for the beta. Love elderscrolls but not a MMO/online fan, hoping to give it another chance on my ps4.
    I live in Seattle but my soul is in Tamriel
  • udaba
    udaba
    ✭✭✭
    thanks!
    PC/EU 1600 CP+