The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Snares need to be adjusted

Strider_Roshin
Strider_Roshin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Honestly the potency of snares in this game have made this game feel like you're fighting waist high in water. On top of that if you want to get rid of the snares you have to cast a ridiculously expensive ability called shuffle to get rid of them for 4 seconds.

This has gone on for too long. Tone down the snares.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get rid of gap closers in pvp and you wont be locked down by that annoying unpurgeable snare. You won't be bogged down in outnumbered situations so easily also.

I agree though, snares are pretty over the top.

I feel like zos keeps removing the freedom of movement in pvp. No sprint regen, roll restriction, streak restriction, tons of snares... etc. I feel bad for anyone not running a snare purge honestly....
    PS4 NA DC
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A big part of it, imo, is that tons of spells/abilities come with free snares. Nobody ever applies snares on purpose, they just come for free on a ton of useful skills.

Snaring someone should be a conscious choice and take a cast, not a free gimme on tons of skills.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NPCs have some strong snares too

But if you do this, what happens to frost blockade, gripping shards, northern storm? Hrm?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm mored annoyed how i can be chain stunned, knocked down and snared since the different immunities don't take notice of each other.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The snare poison bow builds are running wild these days. Bgs is a mess. Some derp in the back pegging you with poison injection with a snare poison and his friend mag sorc blasting you with execute from their spawn point while you try and los. gg.
    Teridaxus wrote: »
    I'm mored annoyed how i can be chain stunned, knocked down and snared since the different immunities don't take notice of each other.

This. CC immunity times need to be immunity to all cc includes snares and roots and whatever.
    Edited by Vapirko on July 29, 2017 6:40AM
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snares are way too strong in pvp and making playing mag chars in cyrodil a real pain. You really can move at all with all the snares on you.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly the potency of snares in this game have made this game feel like you're fighting waist high in water. On top of that if you want to get rid of the snares you have to cast a ridiculously expensive ability called shuffle to get rid of them for 4 seconds.

Forward Momentum - 8 sec and cost is almost half of shuffle

But that's true, snares and roots are really strong against magicka players and that's make mobility during fight impossible for them.
    Edited by Jaxaxo on July 29, 2017 11:20AM
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaxaxo wrote: »

But that's true, snares and roots are really strong against magicka players and that's make mobility during fight impossible for them.

You need to keep forward momentum up constantly, making the cost much much higher in the end, because if you get hit by snare while it is not up, casting it wont remove it Apparently it does, probably was bugged at some point when I tried using it
    (and it also does not protect you from gap closer snare, like everything in this game)
    Edited by SodanTok on July 29, 2017 1:44PM
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The day they give Forward Momentum a burst heal is the day I start using it.
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

You need to keep forward momentum up constantly, making the cost much much higher in the end, because if you get hit by snare while it is not up, casting it wont remove it Apparently it does, probably was bugged at some point when I tried using it
    (and it also does not protect you from gap closer snare, like everything in this game)

i remember there was problem with this, but that was fixed, working as intended atm
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
  • MIAMI
    MIAMI
    Snares are cancer and for obvious reasons, they are just another casual friendly aspect of pvp. I really hope zos has plans for an actual fix to snares/roots/immobilization etc.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whoever thought this many snares in-game was a good idea needs to be shackled to a fifty pound weight ON EACH ANKLE for a year.

• Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »
    whoever thought this many snares in-game was a good idea needs to be shackled to a fifty pound weight ON EACH ANKLE for a year.

It really does kill the fun in this game. I watch old PvP videos and think to myself "man, the game ran so much smoother and faster back then". That's when everyone was excited to play this game. Now it's like pulling teeth to try to convince everyone to login. It's a shame.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not only the abundance of snares (and btw, a free snare just because somebody is using melee weapons? Really?) but the strength of some snares too. 70% on Tremorscale (regardless if the set is overperforming or not), 30% on Templar's Sacred Ground passive, snare after the CC on fossilize ends (a ridiculous idea in itself), the still high gap closer snare, and so on and so on...

I'd just love to test Cyrodiil without snares for a week...
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • wolfxspice
    wolfxspice
    ✭✭✭
    why do gap closers even have a snare, its fine if it misses from time to time, if their so concerned about it missing, they could make it do a small aoe at the point of arrival or something, its not fun when you get snared for what seems like forever because half a zerg used shield charge on you.
    I'm a casual now
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And while you are at it, you might also want look at roots. Far too strong too in my opinion. I think the main issue is that there are very few actual counters to those two mechanics.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on August 1, 2017 5:07AM
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a minor + major snare (100% mirror to expedition) and be done with it.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolfxspice wrote: »
    why do gap closers even have a snare, its fine if it misses from time to time, if their so concerned about it missing, they could make it do a small aoe at the point of arrival or something, its not fun when you get snared for what seems like forever because half a zerg used shield charge on you.

The gap closer snare was introduced after the holy Batman fiasco, when all of Cyrodiil charged through the air, up walls and hills, using just a gap closer. The snare was there so the gap closer would reliably connect. Originally it was 60% (!!) for 0.75 seconds, it has been changed to 30% for 0.5 seconds IIRC. Still ridiculous.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

^
    8% for minor that goes to passive aoe (!!!) snares like DK Ardent Flame or Templar's Purge
    30% for abilities.
    50 or 70% could stay for ultimates like Ice Comet, Warden's ice one etc.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Well that just makes too much sense @Derra
  • wolfxspice
    wolfxspice
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    wolfxspice wrote: »

The gap closer snare was introduced after the holy Batman fiasco, when all of Cyrodiil charged through the air, up walls and hills, using just a gap closer. The snare was there so the gap closer would reliably connect. Originally it was 60% (!!) for 0.75 seconds, it has been changed to 30% for 0.5 seconds IIRC. Still ridiculous.

yah, it is ridiculous, its fine if a gap closer doesn't connect, it did its job and got you over their.
    I'm a casual now