Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Your only reward for getting alliance war rank 50

Wrubius_Coronaria
Wrubius_Coronaria
✭✭✭✭✭
fHu53zi.jpg

Seriously?

I have rank 50 since many months now. But I've noticed how it change badly the fun in pvp.

This is the first time I see a game punishing you for complete something. No improvement when you get rewards for the worthy, no new dye unlocked or a disguise as reward for the last pvp rank.
And the worst is this achievment impact significantly on your pvp experience when you are rank 50... In a negative way. I have noticed you are be more focused and tryharded when you have 5 stars in comparison of others ranks. (I love being chased by procblades spamming piercing mark and trying to proc to death, or zergs :trollface: ).

And no, I dont want to reroll, restart everything from zero, I still have a lot of achievements to unlock in battlegrounds for example.

So please, consider by removing this achievement and replace the achievement and associated color to unlock by something else instead of what we have actually. And give us more than one poor skill point. Improve the rewards for this rank give and something better than a achievement punishement. Thank you.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the reward was at rank 49. I am pretty sure the title is awarded at rank 49 and I expect the color is awarded then as well since the even numbers are the second step of the same rank.

Also. Other players havebteh chance for obtaining the achievement for killing a grand overlord.
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why you should be rewarded for being a zerger?

Do I get a dye, costume, title or bonus to my account for being a solo player? No, so it's fair for both.
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • Wrubius_Coronaria
    Wrubius_Coronaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the reward was at rank 49. I am pretty sure the title is awarded at rank 49 and I expect the color is awarded then as well since the even numbers are the second step of the same rank.

Also. Other players havebteh chance for obtaining the achievement for killing a grand overlord.

Rank 49 : title + color dye and 1 skill point.
    rank 50 : 1 skillpoint + kill a grand overlord achievement

This is the problem. It's not really a valuable reward.

Kay1 wrote: »

Do I get a dye, costume, title or bonus to my account for being a solo player? No, so it's fair for both.

So, for you all high ranks a zerger? Pretty funny. Almost. :|

In future avoid to judge peoples when you know nothing about them and also avoit to post poor trolls if you have nothing interesting to add to the thread. Thank you.
    Edited by Wrubius_Coronaria on July 28, 2017 2:52PM
  • Keep_Door
    Keep_Door
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is grinding to rank 50 for the "reward" ?
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I got to 50...the first thing I would do would stand on wall of a keep doing taunting eniemies.

/Say

Do you truly think you can take this overlord's keep?

.scub down there, I waiting for you and my ap.

Is that you again...ready to die?

Good thing I don't PvP o:)
    Edited by Tasear on July 28, 2017 3:18PM
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    If I got to 50...the first thing I would do would stand on wall of a keep doing taunting eniemies.

/Say

Do you can truly take this overlord's keep?

and they will reply saying "What? Can you please repeat that in English?"
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/Say

Do you can truly take this overlord's keep?

and they will reply saying "What? Can you please repeat that in English?"

How about french instead ..l...
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get the same reward as with every rank - a skill point. I don't see the problem...

Why is it punishment that people can unlock an achievement by killing you? I think it's pretty cool and makes you stand out
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There really should be something good for that. Costume, skins...something. I'll probably never get to 50 on any one character, but I've got 9 in the 20s-30s. I don't know how anyone can stand playing that long on one toon.
  • Balad
    Balad
    Wait, you guys are saying when you reach Alliance Rank 50 you automatically unlock "Kill a Grand Overlord"??? So it is an alternate way to get the mentioned achievement?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shazah wrote: »

This is the first time I see a game punishing you for complete something. No improvement when you get rewards for the worthy, no new dye unlocked or a disguise as reward for the last pvp rank.
    Improve the rewards for this rank give and something better than a achievement punishement. Thank you.

No one is forcing you to grind AP up to the level 50 Alliance War achievement.

The "punishment" inflicted is yours only ... and not the game's.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balad wrote: »
    Wait, you guys are saying when you reach Alliance Rank 50 you automatically unlock "Kill a Grand Overlord"??? So it is an alternate way to get the mentioned achievement?

No, rank is earned through AP accumulation only.
  • Balad
    Balad

Oh, I think you misunderstood me. I asked the other way around. When you get to Rank 50 by AP accumulation you automatically unlock the "Kill a Grand Overlord" achievement?
  • Pchela
    Pchela
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is honestly why I started playing new classes. Having a giant target on your head, getting mobbed down by zergs trying to get that KB on you takes the fun out of it.
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭
    I think we deserve an new costume or a molag bal polymorph... Lol
    VESPER BR - MAGICKA DRAGONKNIGHT - GRAND OVERLORD + FLAWLESS CONQUEROR (1070 CP / 01-01-2018)
    XBOX ONE - NA - EBONHEART PACT BRASIL
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In theory, if you have hit GO you should be a top tier threat and master of your class in the PvP context. See: Reddington James, Rhage Lionpride, Essa Kh, Fengrush, Azoi, Subtomik, Mojican, Miat etc (can't think of a single EP that fits the bill unfortunately). The stars are a mark of distinction and are supposed to denote your ability and long term presence as a master of PvP. You should be getting focused down regardless on name recognition alone. You should be able to hold your own and not handing out the achievement like candy. Being able to get a kill on a GO in a fair fight should be a minor achievement. All this should come with the territory.

In practice, we all know that this isn't the case and probably 8/10 GOs are just zerglings who's stars aren't worth more than the pixels they are made of. But that shouldn't change the theoretical premise of the achievement.

Agreed however that the reward should be far greater and relative to the effort it takes to achieve GO, and burden of being an achievement piñata.
    Edited by CyrusArya on July 28, 2017 4:55PM
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Oh, I think you misunderstood me. I asked the other way around. When you get to Rank 50 by AP accumulation you automatically unlock the "Kill a Grand Overlord" achievement?

A grand overlord is a level 50 rank person, so being rank 50 makes you a target for ANYONE who wants that achievement. I believe that is what is being said here. The achievement remains locked for you, but you just gave everyone +1 chance of getting theirs because you exist as another grand overlord.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Nivellan
    Nivellan
    ✭✭✭
    Just do what I do and fight on top of keeps and when you're about to get zerged down jump off so no one gets an achievement.

If you don't think GO's have to deal with more *** (or you think they should be able to deal with it) consider that I've been chased on my mount by an entire group of pugs from farragut to sejanus while they whispered me asking for the achievement.
    PC NA
    Azandara, Azuretha - Templar
    Former K-hole, FMC, Mischevious
  • Balad
    Balad
    Thanks!
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    In theory, if you have hit GO you should be a top tier threat and master of your class in the PvP context. See: Reddington James, Rhage Lionpride, Essa Kh, Fengrush, Azoi, Subtomik, Mojican, Miat etc (can't think of a single EP that fits the bill unfortunately). The stars are a mark of distinction and are supposed to denote your ability and long term presence as a master of PvP. You should be getting focused down regardless on name recognition alone. You should be able to hold your own and not handing out the achievement like candy. Being able to get a kill on a GO in a fair fight should be a minor achievement. All this should come with the territory.

In practice, we all know that this isn't the case and probably 8/10 GOs are just zerglings who's stars aren't worth more than the pixels they are made of. But that shouldn't change the theoretical premise of the achievement.

Agreed however that the reward should be far greater and relative to the effort it takes to achieve GO, and burden of being an achievement piñata.

This. This , so much. Be prideful of that rank.
  • BadArgonian
    BadArgonian
    ✭✭
    I was under the impression that killing a player Rank 49 also gives the kill a grand overlord achievement, since the player is also a grand overlord.
  • Nivellan
    Nivellan
    ✭✭✭
    I was under the impression that killing a player Rank 49 also gives the kill a grand overlord achievement, since the player is also a grand overlord.

No it only gives you the achievement if they're rank 50. I've seen plenty of people stop at 49 to not give out achievements.
    PC NA
    Azandara, Azuretha - Templar
    Former K-hole, FMC, Mischevious
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/Say

Do you truly think you can take this overlord's keep?

Then a templar knocks you down from the edge with their spear and you fall down into their zerg and get gangbanged......

happened with me toooooooooooo many times.....
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shazah wrote: »

Rank 49 : title + color dye and 1 skill point.
    rank 50 : 1 skillpoint + kill a grand overlord achievement

This is the problem. It's not really a valuable reward.

So, for you all high ranks a zerger? Pretty funny. Almost. :|

In future avoid to judge peoples when you know nothing about them and also avoit to post poor trolls if you have nothing interesting to add to the thread. Thank you.

That user just does that. Every post. All the time. Slow, simmering, anger. Especially at PVPers.
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only "reward" you get is a massive target above your head and Alot of getting tbagged.
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Solo or group you can still hit 50 ya Muppet so the changes he's asking for benefit us all
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    achievement unlock the 18/02/16 , and it's only now that you create your post ?
  • Wrubius_Coronaria
    Wrubius_Coronaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    achievement unlock the 18/02/16 , and it's only now that you create your post ?

There's a difference between when I've killed a grand overlord and when I had rank 50 myself. (read my first port, I have this rank since 2 or 3 months now).
    But I took my achievement as example, the date is not really important. (before I get the last rank, I wasn't really aware how it change your pvp experience).
    Edited by Wrubius_Coronaria on July 28, 2017 8:12PM
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have this achi since months, and my highest ranked char is only Veteran, and I'm really a PvE player, who jumps in Cyro just for AP-farming, for the needed skills.

Killing a Grand Overlord was from zerging, nothing serious 1vsX or something, since I'm teabag-able by a Cyro-deer. Since we'll have more and more Grand Overlords as time passes, you'll have more and more chance to grab this achi.
  • Wrubius_Coronaria
    Wrubius_Coronaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an idea, replace this achievement by something like :

"kill 1000 (or 500) players in cyrodiil". (killing blows)