The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Midyear Mayhem in a nutshell...

• Titansteele
    Titansteele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on ZOS!!

Xerxes is dead - is nobody actively monitoring this?
    Guild Leader of The Twelve Knights, AD PVE, PVP and Trading Guild on the EU Mega Server

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
  • Kirsch9
    Kirsch9
    ✭✭
    Not that I don't appreciate the events, just the high queues are a bit annoying is all. ;)
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Second crash and rollback of the new campaign in 15minutes :/
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • ploddab16_ESO
    ploddab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe that ZOS didn't see this coming. Prior to this event happening there should have been at least three servers for each choice put in place to allow players to complete the quest and start earning rewards from this event. As it is, ALL servers on the EU now have large queue times, to the point where the character I wanted to gear with legendary rings and necklaces is not realistically able to earn them!

Oh, and THANK YOU so, so much for putting in a system that traps us on these servers! I can't swap my guested server for FOUR DAYS because I'm locked to it, and I can't swap my main campaign unless I pay a hundred THOUSAND alliance points or gold to do so?! Transfers should have been made FREE for the duration of this event!
  • The_Duke
    The_Duke
    ✭✭✭✭
    It doesnt take a genius to realize this was going to happen. Zero thought at all into how this would play out. Should have given free campaign changes at the get go. Blind leading the blind at headquarters.
    The Duke

Stamplar

Guild leader of The Dukes. PS4
  • ploddab16_ESO
    ploddab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, another small thing you might wanna pass on to the higher ups, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom and @ZOS_GinaBruno : PUT ADHAZABI THE GOLDEN IN AN AREA OUTSIDE OF CYRODIIL! If we can't get the rewards this limited time merchant is selling because we're locked out of the maps she's in by a queue timer of an hour or more, then what's the point of even having her in there?! There is nothing more frustrating than PVP-ing enough to get your rewards then either being DC-ed at the end of a hard fight or having to take a break, only to realize you can't get back in to actually claim said rewards!
    Edited by ploddab16_ESO on July 20, 2017 9:13PM
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but should the BG rewards come with the golden boxes too? If so, they're currently not doing.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG I keep crashing and getting the out of memory report on my screen Xbox NA
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never really thought going down to 3 campaigns was ever a good idea in the first place. Glad to see they're adding one campaign, but it still perplexes me why it wasn't added at last server reset.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never really thought going down to 3 campaigns was ever a good idea in the first place. Glad to see they're adding one campaign, but it still perplexes me why it wasn't added at last server reset.
    ZOS underestimated the popularity of a holiday event. Again. Hopefully they will be able to spin up Almalexia again and a few other standard campaigns, as they seem to be sorely needed.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    that terrible, i just got quest just to visit those npc, now i cant due to lockout for 2 days since i was recently explored and used treasure maps yesterday, not aware of re-entry penality timer.

remove that lame access timer, it is way too restrictive
    that blows!

Cyrodiil need 2 more zone copies, for limited ceasefire timers between faction war zone and solo non-pvp version but no access to inner city if solo zone.
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like they dont know how many ppl playing their game.
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
  • PsychoROFLit
    PsychoROFLit
    ✭✭✭
    In response to the overwhelming interest in the Midyear Mayhem PvP Event, we will be opening a new campaign on all servers in just a few minutes. The new campaign is called Xarxes, and it will be a 7-day, CP-enabled campaign open for levels 10-50 (Veteran Rank).

Next week during the scheduled maintenance for PC/Mac (Monday) and PlayStation 4 and Xbox One (Wednesday), we will be granting free home and guest campaign assignments. We'll be monitoring campaign populations during the event to determine if Xerxes remains available after the event or not.

We’ll update this thread when Xerxes is up and available. Thank you all for your patience, and happy PvP-ing!

what about jewerly? i cant change camp and i cant get on any of my camps, so i cant farm and i wont get rewards for it, so? give me my jewerly what i wanted! and i will wait.
  • PsychoROFLit
    PsychoROFLit
    ✭✭✭
    Guys! The Golden will come today for monday and we will get access to changing camps ONLY IN MONDAY! Our Necklases SUX!
  • Saffara
    Saffara
    Soul Shriven
    Zeni don't seem to have thought this one through. Why am I not surprised.

Meanwhile it looks like PvP is totally stuffed for a week or two while all the PvE and completionist wonks takes over Cyro.
  • Saffara
    Saffara
    Soul Shriven
    Jeez - solo queue position #529
  • lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those of you encountering long Cyrodiil queues, have you tried joining a lower-population campaign? Or do they all have long queues right now?

You guys got rid of too many campaigns. This is such a disaster. As of 10am this morning, both Vivek and Shor have long ques >200. What other campaign am I supposed to join?!? It's not like I can just join any campaign I want, did you guys forget that you designed the game so that players can't switch their guest campaigns more than once every 48 hours?!?

I just spent 1.5 hours in the vivec que, I rode all the way to the sewers, I was in the sewers less than 5 minutes and then lagged out, and the game dumped me back in reapers march. What the frick!! Are you effing kidding me?!? Now I'm stuck waiting in a 224 que.

This is ridiculous. Like, seriously, last week there were long que times, and nobody at zos thought there might be a problem?!?

You guys have created such a big problem with the long que times, that instead of logging off to eat dinner or run an errand, players are going to be rubber banding their controllers in order to stay in the campaign.

The problem is only going to get worse.

Lasertooth
    GM of ESO Grand Designs, Grand Designs Too, and Grand Designs Trinity
    Xbox/NA
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jurand80 wrote: »

just one? -.-

After Xarxes is open on all servers, we'll monitor populations and assess if another campaign is needed. We want to avoid a situation where the campaigns are highly populated for just a few days at the beginning of the event, then a few become ghost towns as folks complete their achievements.

Has anyone considered incentivizing PvP for longer than a week? Like maybe adding PvP content? PvP zones? Achievements? Armor sets that aren't 90% pure trash?
    And no, the twisted spawn of PvP and Dungeon Finder that is Battlegrounds doesn't count.
  • SerCoopz
    SerCoopz
    Soul Shriven
    Queue position 651 on PC EU Vivec. This is a joke.
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Que for Vivec PC EU - 925
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please give us the ability to switch our guest campaign
    Lasertooth
    GM of ESO Grand Designs, Grand Designs Too, and Grand Designs Trinity
    Xbox/NA
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

Now that the new Xarxes campaign is open on all servers, we plan to monitor populations overnight to asses if another campaign is needed. We are aware that there are currently queues for all the PC-EU campaigns and are closely watching those populations. If we do open another new campaign, we would do it tomorrow before we get into the weekend.

We’ll keep you updated - thank you!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new campaign is full too already in pc eu...
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Now that the new Xarxes campaign is open on all servers, we plan to monitor populations overnight to asses if another campaign is needed. We are aware that there are currently queues for all the PC-EU campaigns and are closely watching those populations. If we do open another new campaign, we would do it tomorrow before we get into the weekend.

Well...it's Vivecs last shivering hours for this campaign. Don't be discouraged if Vivec keeps a 400-500 queue until campaign ends. After that, all campaigns will be game, I'm sure.

Currently pos 346 PC NA after 40 min waiting >.<
    Edited by Idinuse on July 20, 2017 8:44PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Que on Xerxes PC EU -> 181
    GUAR SQUAD OP

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • Gengulfus
    Gengulfus
    ✭✭
    TOTALLY EPIC FAIL- Launch a Promo but don't increase capacity at all.

I am staring at a queue of over 500 to get into a campaign I play every day.

Please fire your marketing and tech team and acquire some talent who know how to attract new players without alienating the core player base who buy DLC and subscribe to ESO Plus religiously.

Off to play other more accessible games with properly scaled hardware - OVERWATCH FTW :smile:

Also cancelled ESO plus for this month as a punishment - others should consider voting with their feet likewise.
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    148 person queue for Vivec, finally got in, ported to Bleakers, aaaaaand unable to connect to server. Hmm. Can somebody sneak into ZOS headquarters and feed the poor overworked gerbils powering their servers?

How's your Midyear Mayhem been thus far?

Strange, during that "non-cp stress test" whenever I ported to bleakers I just ended up either stuck in a loading screen or arriving to find I'd crashed and everyone was standing still. My attempt to ride to bleakers didn't make a difference, I got just about in view of it and got kicked to character select.

.....How's my midyear mayhem? non-existent, haven't bothered logging in...
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'm glad I'm at work. Wow, did I just say that.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The game crashed when I entered Fort Ash area in Vivec campaign(PC EU).
    I tried to login immediately afterwards and I was back in pve land, Stros M'kay.
    I joined the queue of Vivec again, queue number: 922!!!

This event is not boosting ap.
    As a matter of a fact I'm making less ap per day due to the long queues and server instability.
    There should have been 3-5+ more campaigns to begin with, especially when knowing the all server will try to enter Cyrodiil.
    I'm disappointed.
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "You know you don't have to holiday event here, right?". ~ ZOS
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |