The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Announcing the ESO Plus Bonus Event!"

• DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    HansK wrote: »
    OK, let's see if I get this right @ZOS_JessicaFolsom . You write

"To participate, simply log into the game with an active ESO Plus membership between 12:00am EDT and 11:59pm EDT (Eastern)"

As I am in Europe I'm on CEST. As I read this, it means I'll have to log-in between 18.00 CEST and 06.00 CEST the following morning. Logging in during the day doesn't count towards a free crate, only logging in during the evening and night. Or is this some typo and does logging in during the full 24 hours of a day suffice?

You have to log in between 18.00 CEST and 17.59 CEST the next Day.
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @esotoon - Answers in-line above. :)

Thank you! Great to get such a thorough answer. :)
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Malic wrote: »
    I prepaid for the imperial version at beta. I subscribed for 2+ years, even when you used us to test your port to console I didnt complain I was happy with the deal. I pay you monthly, I get access to 100% of the game which was the agreement.

You got greedy, you created chapters. You even went so far as to ensure those who supported your greed with positive remarks on your breach got plenty of elbow room on the forums, those who didnt not so much. Had you just kept to the original agreement, I pay a monthly sub I get 100% of the content, I would still be subscribed.

You killed it, your call. Now this promotion, you did nothing for subscribers when you announced morrowind. No additional perks at all, just take the breach, shut up and pay your dues.

Best of luck, but you'll never get another dime from me. For those thinking about getting ESO plus? When you make the agreement, remember you will be held to your end firmly, ZOS? Not so much.
    Personally I felt the exact same way. But only decided to come back because well... it's Morrowind. Normally I would never give a company any money anymore if I feel cheated in any way. And it took me weeks of thinking to even consider buying morrowind! So far I didn't regret coming back. Still, I will hardly spend any money on this game.

At first I was planning on only subscribing to one month of ESO+, so I would get ALL the content and play through it in one month, while keeping all the ESO+ perks. However, due to wanting the tel garen tower, I bought more months, figured I may as well subscribe for those points anyways.

Personally I feel this 'event' devalues any real ESO+ subscribers perks, due to ZOS allowing players who get the free 5 days to keep all the major perks from the free ESO+ days, after the days end. While they should be voided after those 5 free ESO+ days.

In trying to promote the game, ZOS is stepping on the *long-term* subscribers again, and they keep doing this again and again. And still wonder why less and less people play, or even want to spend money here on the game. And me not wanting to spend/being extremely carefull to spend money on this game has nothing to do with the game itself, or with how much money I can spend... it has to do with broken trust, broken promises and with how I feel treated as a (former) paying player.

The game itself is alot of fun though, and so far I haven't regret coming back.
    Edited by Sarannah on July 6, 2017 6:34AM
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    ZoM_Head wrote: »
    My friends have already received the free crown crate, nothing for me till now.

@ZoM_Head The crates aren't being sent until the 17th. Did your friends maybe preorder Morrowind (so buying it even during PC early access counted as a preorder) and just haven't opened their free crate from that?

I know 2 friends that has early access and they got their crate.

One of my friends who has early access did not receive a crate, i myself did not get early access to morrowind.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    My friends have already received the free crown crate, nothing for me till now.
    @ZoM_Head The crates aren't being sent until the 17th. Did your friends maybe preorder Morrowind (so buying it even during PC early access counted as a preorder) and just haven't opened their free crate from that?
    I know 2 friends that has early access and they got their crate.

One of my friends who has early access did not receive a crate, i myself did not get early access to morrowind.
    The free crates that people got from early access are not related to the free crates you get from this event (aside from being the same type of crate).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • 1lyndon
    1lyndon
    Soul Shriven
    Sorry if this question was already answered but I subscribed to Eso+ yesterday after already starting the free trial, will I still receive the free crown crates?
  • MisterJimothy
    MisterJimothy
    ✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Man, y'all complain about the weirdest stuff. Free boxes for subs (how in the world is this being confused for an 'ESO+' benefit is beyond me), and basically a free trial for the DLC for those who don't have it. They get to look around to see if maybe they might want it, or confirm they really don't want it.

But y'all missed the true sinister nature of this event...

Among the benefits is crack the crafting bag. All these non-subs are going to get a sweet taste of that crack bag. They'll love it. They'll put everything in it. They can finally play Elder Scrolls Online after months/years of Inventory Management Online. And for five glorious days, they'll ride that crack crafting bag high.

Then, cruel mean ZOS is gonna cut them off cold turkey. They'll enter withdrawal. They won't even be able to function without the crack bag. Ahhh, but ZOS will come in as a savior. They have a cure for their woes. It's called ESO+. For just $15/mo, ZOS can help your recovery with things like DLC access, XP and gold gains, and, of course, crack the crafting bag.

All those poor souls out there suffering from their week-long binge on crack the crafting bag will be forced to pay, because they're addicted.

Complain about ZOS all you want, but their marketing team are geniuses.

@MisterJimothy

It's not a weird thing to be upset about and we're not confusing this for an ESO+ benefit. ZOS made this thread about how to improve ESO+ after the backlash regarding the changed DLC schedule. One of the ideas someone came up with was to give "one free gambling box per month". This is a terrible idea for many reasons, but it was definitely suggested. Now, five months later, ESO+ members are being given a shot at getting five gambling boxes. It's not a stretch of the imagination that these things are related, it's an exercise in basic inference.

As for the ESO+ free trial, I'm pretty sure zero people have criticized that. I think it's great they're doing it! And the crafting bag is a complete non-issue since you know exactly what you're getting and you're paying for it. There's no surprise, there's no gamble, it's a simple exchange of cash for services. I suppose if we really wanted to analyze how it might be exploitative, we could discuss how if they're encouraging people to subscribe anyway then they might as well go back to a subscription model and ditch the cash shop altogether, but that's neither here nor there. The free trial is, at least in terms of deplorable gaming industry ethical standards, just fine.

Okay, infer all you want; we're not idiots, we understand the possible implications this has for the future. Most of us don't really care. When the time comes that it is a real benefit, you're more than welcome to hop back on your anti-gambling soapbox and analyze tongue-in-cheek comments like an English paper. Until then, can we not take this relatively trivial event so seriously?
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    1lyndon wrote: »
    Sorry if this question was already answered but I subscribed to Eso+ yesterday after already starting the free trial, will I still receive the free crown crates?

This was posted by Jessica .....
    In order to qualify for the free daily Crown Crates, you must be an active ESO Plus member during the duration of the event (July 5 - 9) and log in each day. The daily Crown Crate rewards associated with the ESO Plus Bonus Event are intended to be a bonus for those with an active ESO Plus membership.

For those of you who are currently encountering issues with ESO Plus on Xbox One, we will ensure that you are taken care of and get the Crown Crates you should.
  • the'Doctor
    the'Doctor
    ✭✭
    WHAT HAPPENS TO THE SKILL LINES THAT I ACHIEVE IN THE FREE EVENT? AND THE SKILL POINTS I SLOT IN THEM?

DO I KEEP SKILL LINE?

DO I LOSE SLOTTED SKILL POINTS?

THANK YOU
    Travel'n Man ~ made a lot of stops
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    the'Doctor wrote: »
    WHAT HAPPENS TO THE SKILL LINES THAT I ACHIEVE IN THE FREE EVENT? AND THE SKILL POINTS I SLOT IN THEM?

DO I KEEP SKILL LINE?

DO I LOSE SLOTTED SKILL POINTS?

THANK YOU
    Why are you yelling? Did this post upset you?

Skill points have nothing to do with the bonus event. These are earned in game regardless if there is a bonus event in place or not ......
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if i logged in and played the free trial in the last 5 days and then i decide during this week to pay the ESO Plus membership, would i receive the 5 crown crates on 17th?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    if i logged in and played the free trial in the last 5 days and then i decide during this week to pay the ESO Plus membership, would i receive the 5 crown crates on 17th?
    @NeKryXe No. You needed to log in with an active ESO Plus membership during the event to get the crates. You don't get any crates if you buy ESO Plus now the event is over.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Invincible wrote: »
    What are you guys going to name your pack of nix hounds? I was going to name mine after Santa's reindeer's

Based on all the RNG horror stories with the meth crates, I'm expecting to get five nix hounds. I shall name them Rich, Matt, Gina, Wroebel and googling a fifth name. :trollface:
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    rootimus wrote: »
    Invincible wrote: »
    What are you guys going to name your pack of nix hounds? I was going to name mine after Santa's reindeer's

Based on all the RNG horror stories with the meth crates, I'm expecting to get five nix hounds. I shall name them Rich, Matt, Gina, Wroebel and googling a fifth name. :trollface:

This was the first time I bought a 15 pack of crown crates and the amount of nix hounds I got might put me off buying more
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    When are the crates going to be given?
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭
    9:35 p.m. EST and still no crates. I've checked my gmail account as well as my in-game mail about a dozen times today, to no avail.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THWIP71 wrote: »
    9:35 p.m. EST and still no crates. I've checked my gmail account as well as my in-game mail about a dozen times today, to no avail.

Have You checked crown store ? Because crown crates are located there not in mail box.
    Edited by Juhasow on July 18, 2017 1:42AM
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    THWIP71 wrote: »

Have You checked crown store ? Because crown crates are located there not in mail box.

Well, the e-mail ZOS sent me a couple days ago literally said "YOUR CROWN CRATES ARE IN THE MAIL!" in the e-mail header, exactly like that, including all-caps. The body of the e-mail said nothing at all about them being sent directly to our Crown bank, so...yeah, ZOS.

Anyway, I finally got them...4/5 had a Nixhound, and the only clothing I got were dupes of what I already had or female-oriented.