Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

GUIDE: How make gold and become rich

itreboiz
itreboiz
✭✭✭
I'm itreboiz. Master Crafter (still need Buoyant), all provisioning recipes, 1000+ furnishing recipes, and motif book collector. I am also GM of Trinity Merchants, Payday II and IV.

Every week alot of people/traders in my guilds can't hit the 10k/week minimum sales. So, I'm here to explain how the game economy works and how make gold. The game economy is basically a game inside a game (TESO). It consists in a dynamic system that usually reflects the real life economy (trading, inflation, speculative bubble,...). This is why a lot of people like it and play it.

Years ago it was difficult make a million, now it's easy. We have more ways to make gold. New stuff (like cipher and dust) and new events have helped a lot. Making money is only a matter of time. Not luck. Time.

Sure you can find the Cipher or other expensive stuff but that is not luck, it is probability. The more time you spend farming or trading, the more gold you make. Usually playing 3-4h/day means making something like 100k.

ADD ON(s):

You need to install Master Merchant and Awesome Guild Store. You can even use TTC instead of MM.

There are a lot of way to make gold:

- FARMING:

- MOTIFS:

ASHLANDER/MORAG TONG:
Right now it's easy for everyone do Daily Quests (Ashlander+Justice) in Vvardenfell. The quests are sharable so you can do every quest with all your characters. Right now the Ashlander page is worth around 9-10k and Morag Tong 10-15k each. Drop rate I think is something like 30-40%. It's easly make 50k/day or more.

BUOYANT ARMINGER:
If you have a lot of time, the best way is farming Buoyant Arminger Motif pages. Run around all Vvardenfell, open ALL chests and pick up your page. You can find it even in simple chest. It's not easy to farm it. The drop rate is really low. Usually you can find 1 page in 3-4h of farming, but is not for sure. We're talking about a drop rate of 0,0001% or something like that, I guess.

To be prepared you need: Savior of Morrowind achievement for better drop rate and the Harvest Map addon too see all the chest in Vvardenfell. When you are ready, run in circles around all Vvardenfell and open the chests. A page worth 150-300k (from mace to chest one). During your farming route you could find some War Maiden stuff, like divine gear (10-20k) or sharpened weapon (inferno staff worth right now 200k). If you decide to farm it, my advice is to run for 3-4h, and if you can twice a day. If you find 1 page/day + gear, you can make 200k/day, or something like 1.5m/week (net income).

- SETS:
Check always the pve/pvp builds from Alcast and other big players and farm their sets. Right now Necropotence is still a good and useful set. You can always farm War Maiden, Sun, Red Mountain, Spriggan,...Go to the specific zone and farm public dungeons or world bosses.

- FISHING:
Look in google for the bait guide and start fishing. Fish a lot, then, start filleting. You have the probability to find the Perfect Roe that worth 10-13k/each. It's a good way to make gold when you're low level. I dont know the drop rate right now. Year ago was 1,5%, now is probably changed.

- RAW MATS:
Craglorn is still my favorite zone. Farming around every raw mats + flowers + furnishing mats + nirn. Then you can resell raw mat's stacks or refine and sell Temper Alloy (5,8k/ea), Wax (4,5k/ea), Rosin (3,2k/ea), nirn fortified (2,4k/ea), nirn potent (10k/ea).

- FLOWERS:
Corn flowers (310g/ea), lady smock (250g/ea), columbine (180g/ea), bugloss (120g/ea), nirn root (200g/ea). Cold Harbour is probably one of the best farming place in the game. You can resell flowers or craft potion yourself. Right now a lot of ppl need Spell Dmg pots.

- FURNISHING RECIPE:
You can steal from noble or other npc and find expensive stuff (check on reddit, the guides for wood elf, orc, breton throne and skooma bubbler) or farm the Nchulefting Public Dungeon, so you can find dwemer pet part (7-8k/ea) + dwarven recipe (50-400k, depend which). Steal npc or safebox inside homes.

- PET/COSTUME:
Farm the public dungeons so you can find Dwemer pet parts (7-8k each) or the Six House Costume (12-15k each). You can sell the pieces or farm/buy all and sell the complete pet (60/70k) or complete robe (120-130k).

- XP POTS:
Buy perfect roe and dust at good price and resell Mythical Ambrosia (19-20k/ea) or the normal ambrosia (2,7-3k/ea). If you are a crafter and you "farm" vouchers, you can always buy diminished dust and craft the medium xp pot and sell it for 10-12k/ea.

- CRAFTING:

- DAILY WRIT:
Do all daily writs, especially blacksmith, clothing and wood for alloy, wax, rosin + harvest raw mat maps + master wirt. If you do every day with 10-12 pg's you can easily make 100-150k for free basically (as a master crafter i have alot of mats so i don't give value to the mats that i spend for the writs).

- MASTER WRIT:
Do yours or buy Master Writs at a good price. Make alot of vouchers buy stuff from vendor and sell it in guild store.

- CRAFT GEAR:
Go around all Tamriel and spam your crafter's message. I usually ask to customer mats+1-2k gold for each piece. A full 5 pieces set is something like 5-10k (depend number of trait and style).

- RESELLING:

This is the BEST way to make gold. Use multi monitors, open TTC in your browser's pages, refresh and monitor TTC so you'll be the first to buy the good deals. Go around ALL trade guilds in Tamriel (if you can 3 time day, morning/afternoon/night). Check all guilds using filter and buy good deal to resell. Sometime u can find really good deals like spriggan or other expensive weapon sharpened at ridiculous price like 10-20k and resell at 150-300k gold. Reselling every day it's easy make 2-5m/week. Obviously is not net income, maybe you can have a 25-30% clean income. Depend how much good you are and how many good deal u find.

- PVP:

I'm not a pvp player (I hate pvp). But you can farm AP and rersell Akaviri motif pages or sets. Or going farming Tel Var and resell flowers or sets.

Q/A:

- Who is a good/veteran trader?
Someone that can make 1k gold/min or can resell 3-5m/week

- Why if I'm a low level?
I'm my opinion one of the best way for low lvl is fishing for perfect roe or right now even farming daily in Vvardenfell.

- Why sell in a guild store and not in zone chat?
In a guild store you can have visibility 24/7, so you dont need to go crazy around Tamriel spamming in zone chat. Some times is more the time you spend spamming, then the value of gold that you can make in the same amount of time.

Edited by itreboiz on July 12, 2017 1:00AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sell me furnishings mats xD why is it always out of stock
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sit in stonefalls for 8 hours a day killing the netch and kwarma boss until the depression starts to hit when you realize you'll be there another week at least to even see an inferno sun staff drop in any trait, let alone sharpened

I love making gold in ESO
  • Cocorocho
    Cocorocho
    ✭✭✭
    It is an rare event to see a trading guild leader not crying, for some reason most of them are like " we barely get enough tax to keep trader up pls donate to guild bank" i don't know who to believe..

Well gold doesn't have much of a use in this game anyway (imo), most of my gold goes to flower trading mafia
  • itreboiz
    itreboiz
    ✭✭✭
    Cocorocho wrote: »
    It is an rare event to see a trading guild leader not crying, for some reason most of them are like " we barely get enough tax to keep trader up pls donate to guild bank" i don't know who to believe..

Well gold doesn't have much of a use in this game anyway (imo), most of my gold goes to flower trading mafia
    soon i'll made a guide for trade guild. Usually u need to use tax + donation + lottery and if is needed your own gold.

• drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @itreboiz Great advice -- thank you for your contribution to the community. However, this should be in the Player Guides forum, not the General forum; it will probably be moved.
  • itreboiz
    itreboiz
    ✭✭✭
    @itreboiz Great advice -- thank you for your contribution to the community. However, this should be in the Player Guides forum, not the General forum; it will probably be moved.

Yeah, sry my fault.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, so much easier to make a million now as we're all falling over those damn ciphers. Whilst it is easier to make your millions, I wouldn't exactly say obtaining a cipher is a run of the mill occurrence.
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    To me ciphers are still a myth
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ignore this guide. You guys wanna know how to make real cash? Make a male orc and dance around naked (or in a wedding dress) in Daggerfall; donations will come pouring in.
    Edited by Stovahkiin on July 6, 2017 2:06PM
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How to make gold?

Become a star. Spend life working on nuclear fusion creating elements all the way up to lead. Then die in a super nove. And in that brief, glorious end to your life, you will make gold.
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most profitable is to farm telvar bosses in Imperial City . Learn to pvp , make tanky build go solo or with 1 fr and farm on empty server 100k telvars an hour wich are 250-300k gold (ps4 EU).
    This is how i equped and golded all of my 11 toons .
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RouDeR wrote: »
    The most profitable is to farm telvar bosses in Imperial City . Learn to pvp , make tanky build go solo or with 1 fr and farm on empty server 100k telvars an hour wich are 250-300k gold (ps4 EU).
    Much harder/less profitable now with just one cp campaign. The cp IC is generally not empty and non cp bosses farming actually hurts(not impossible but me and my farming friends have deemed it not worth it at least).
  • HabbNutts
    HabbNutts
    Soul Shriven
    Great guide, thanks!
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATT is better than MM.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Some good trading locations can cost over $10 million just for a week so they have good reason to cry for donations. Trader bids are getting out of hand.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigBragg wrote: »
    How to make gold?

Become a star. Spend life working on nuclear fusion creating elements all the way up to lead. Then die in a super nove. And in that brief, glorious end to your life, you will make gold.

Tune back in next week for "How to become a celestial body, step 1"

:D

I liked how the first step of the "guide" is - install an addon. Or two in this case. Otherwise it's a nice summary I guess.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very nice guide! Also, for people who don't have a lot of gold to buy stuff or are just starting out, another thing you can do to earn 50-100k quickly is craft many stacks of CP100-150 green food and sell it to vendors.
  • itreboiz
    itreboiz
    ✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »

Some good trading locations can cost over $10 million just for a week so they have good reason to cry for donations. Trader bids are getting out of hand.

right now there is no location that cost 10m/week. Even Craglorn is not costing so much right now.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great guide :) Also, glad to see I feel the system and figured all that out before reading :p

The problem most players wont' do 10k sales a week is that they don't want to invest time into gold farming and want to actually play the game. However - as you guide clearly proves - no matter how you like to play there's always something you can sell :)
  • itreboiz
    itreboiz
    ✭✭✭
    Artis wrote: »
    Great guide :) Also, glad to see I feel the system and figured all that out before reading :p

The problem most players wont' do 10k sales a week is that they don't want to invest time into gold farming and want to actually play the game. However - as you guide clearly proves - no matter how you like to play there's always something you can sell :)

really, u can do 10k in 10-30 min max. Is not about that people don't know what to farm (becasue i always explain at my guilds mate). Is not even a amtter of time. Just ppl dont want to put some effort.
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    thx that helps me alot!
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    RouDeR wrote: »
    Much harder/less profitable now with just one cp campaign. The cp IC is generally not empty and non cp bosses farming actually hurts(not impossible but me and my farming friends have deemed it not worth it at least).

Much harder: yes. Less profitable: no. Worth it: totally.
    Edited by Izaki on July 9, 2017 12:50PM
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • itreboiz
    itreboiz
    ✭✭✭
    Have you saw the new pts patch note? time to prepare for the new dlc!

"Updates for Rolis Hlaalu, the Master Writ Merchant
    Rolis Hlaalu's inventory has been updated! His gold furnishing plans have been replaced with new stock, so there is now a new gold quality furnishing plan for each profession available. The previously available recipes are being retired for the time being, though they may show up again at some point in the future in his selection or elsewhere."

Farm and save vouchers. Buy the gold recipe from the npc merchant so u could resell them in future at double price or more. Save even some vouchers for buy and resell the new recipe. Maybe the new "casual box" recipe (25 vouch cost) will drop the new vvardenfell furnishing recipe (they re really expensive!)
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great guide, and thanks for sharing.
    itreboiz wrote: »
    really, u can do 10k in 10-30 min max. Is not about that people don't know what to farm (becasue i always explain at my guilds mate). Is not even a amtter of time. Just ppl dont want to put some effort.
    Quoted For Truth
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artis wrote: »

Where the *** did you see a contradiction there? Or are you one of those types that just correct everybody? That's exactly what I said - they don't want to put effort, because putting effort means not playing the game but doing something else.
  • Rikkof
    Rikkof
    ✭✭✭
    sadly I have a job in summer outside this game, and friends, and school....can't spend 18hours/day in a video game damit
    Any other tips to make gold for someone who can play maybe fewer hours a day, if that?
  • Urkraft
    Urkraft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »
    ATT is better than MM.

!!!
  • Urkraft
    Urkraft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

soon i'll made a guide for trade guild. Usually u need to use tax + donation + lottery and if is needed your own gold.

pls don't. :#
  • ThomasFredson
    ThomasFredson
    ✭✭

I do fear the worst on this...
  • itreboiz
    itreboiz
    ✭✭✭
    Rikkof wrote: »
    sadly I have a job in summer outside this game, and friends, and school....can't spend 18hours/day in a video game damit
    Any other tips to make gold for someone who can play maybe fewer hours a day, if that?

tips are the same but u'll made less money