Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Need help increasing my dps

zeus1gdsm
zeus1gdsm
✭✭
So I've farmed gear or bought it so my pet sorc and bow/dw nb dps toons have 2 5 sets and a monster. I've the majority of the sought after skills and passives for each. And all purple gear/weps/jewelry

Yes they are essentially meta builds. As I don't have time to theory craft. They are adjusted to suit my own playstyle and to compensate for stat issues.

However both are only pulling 10k dps over 20 seconds..

I'm attempting to weave and animation cancel and when I get a few that's when I hit 10k.

I still need proper glyphs for weapons and weapon damage glyphs on jewelry.

Can someone point me to some current game state videos that show how to do these things?

Or is there somewhere way to increase dps.
  • zeus1gdsm
    zeus1gdsm
    ✭✭
    Yes I am admitting that I am apparently lacking in some sort of rotation skill.

:)
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having the same problem with one of my characters. I discovered I made the mistake of putting the "reinforced" trait on her crafted armor instead of the "divines" trait. Since she was supposed to be DPS and not a tank, "divines" would have been a better choice for her. Divines increases the effect of mundus stones, so if you couple that with a mundus that improves your damage output, the difference should be apparent.

Other than that, I probably can't help you much. Now I need to go craft her a new set of armor. :smile:
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just follow the basics of Alcast' guides. He explained skills, gear, alternative gear and beginner gear.

For the rotation you can test the skills out, or ask friends and guildies.
  • zeus1gdsm
    zeus1gdsm
    ✭✭
    So I guess I'm on the right path. Gold glyph for damage then work on animation canceling and weaving?

I don't have the mats or the cash to make spell/damage potions viable currently.
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @zeus1gdsm
    Following the build videos from Alcast is a good start, but you really need to understand the philosophy behind the builds to pull them off effectively. So since you haven't given very much info on what you're actually doing, here's just a quick checklist to make sure you're on the right track:
    - Do a full parse on a 3mil target skeleton. If you don't own one, see if you can use one at a guild leader or friend's house.
    - If you are on PC, you should have the Combat Metrics addon. Post the parse report here for more detailed help.
    - Blue food, Thief mundus, Divines gear (purple is ok), Gold sharp weapons
    - Optimal CP distribution. Check Asayre's CP calculator or use the Constellations addon.
    - Light Attack or Heavy attack just before every skill
    - Maximize Damage over Time. The more sorces of damage you can have ticking at a time, the better your overall damage will be. For the pet sorc, that should include Liquid Lightning, Blockade of Storms, the Familiar Damage Pulse, and possibly Shock Clench.
    - Work out your skill rotation so that you maintain permanent uptime of your damage over time skills. Don't EVER let them fall off, not even for a second.
    - Incorporate one or two Heavy Attacks into your rotation so that you always keep enough resources up to keep going on your rotation. You should never run out of resources. If you do, you need to rethink your rotation.
    - When you do a self-buffed skeleton parse, you should slot Elemental Drain and include that skill in your rotation, since you don't have a healer applying it for you.
    - If you are not drinking potions, you need to make sure you are getting your Major Sorcery and Prophesy buffs somehow. These buffs are very important. For the Sorc, you should be using Power Surge and have Inner Light on your front bar.

Hope some of these points help.
  • zeus1gdsm
    zeus1gdsm
    ✭✭
    Thanks!
  • VoidParticle
    VoidParticle
    ✭✭
    Only 1 person mentioned it but getting buffs in some form can multiply your base damage.
    You can worry about adding weapon or spell damage glyphs for that base damage, but there are also Major Sorcery and Major Brutality buffs that increase damage to spells or weapon abilities by a whole 20%. They also stack with their Minor counterparts if I remember correctly. You could take 10k and make it 12k by just finding a way through potions or skill effects that can do this.

Double check your morphs and make sure you didn't block yourself from self applying these buffs.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zeus1gdsm wrote: »
    So I've farmed gear or bought it so my pet sorc and bow/dw nb dps toons have 2 5 sets and a monster. I've the majority of the sought after skills and passives for each. And all purple gear/weps/jewelry

Yes they are essentially meta builds. As I don't have time to theory craft. They are adjusted to suit my own playstyle and to compensate for stat issues.

However both are only pulling 10k dps over 20 seconds..

I'm attempting to weave and animation cancel and when I get a few that's when I hit 10k.

I still need proper glyphs for weapons and weapon damage glyphs on jewelry.

Can someone point me to some current game state videos that show how to do these things?

Or is there somewhere way to increase dps.

improve your weapons to gold, check out Alcast`s builds for example, or Sypher`s. use proper enchants, best also purple (rekuta) or gold (kuta), use proper mundus stone
  • Rahotu
    Rahotu
    ✭✭✭
    imo as in any game try to put any debuffs on the target asap,then self buffs then go wild.if you can apply fracture to a mob,get it on them fast,then self buff with + whatever your class gives be it weapon/spell damage,crit and try to remember the uptime to reapply