Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When proc sets get nerfed

HiImRex
HiImRex
✭✭✭✭✭
Can't wait to see garbage tiers get instantly exposed.

Particularly joyful will be the "stam blades are weak proc sets were the only things making them semi balanced" tears that are sure to come when you can't global 12k damage off an ambush

Share your hopes and dreams before they are dashed to the ground by ZOS
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You and your ilk will find something else to cry about. Companies that cater to the vocal minority end up outputting water down generic MMO's that lack challenge and get most of their gasp moments from graphical improvements not challenging gameplay.

As I explained to someone in tell not to long ago, you can be one of the people who complain about what you perceive to be a problem until someone else fixes it, or figure out how to fix it on your own.

You wont find to many of the later here or on any MMO forum really. At least you'll always have magi sorcs to kick around, so once proc sets get nerfed you'll have that. I mean what the hell else are you going to do here if youre not whining about something?
  • HiImRex
    HiImRex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds really nice if you can back up the implication that proc sets are not a problem for game balance.

Also there is such huge irony in you lamenting the death of skillful play while implying proc sets are fine if we just stopped whining and adapted.

But by all means back up your sweeping moral judgments with some facts and reasoning. Just might save us meta slave peasants from being trash.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that you have 0 idea on what ZOS will do with proc-sets makes your post 200% pointsless...wether you support proc-sets or
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    The fact that you have 0 idea on what ZOS will do with proc-sets makes your post 200% pointsless...wether you support proc-sets or

They could reduce the DMG so they don't equate to 900 WD. But what do I know, I just play here lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • worsttankever
    worsttankever
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer crafting my own armor versus grinding BiS. Champion points and OP dropped sets deter me from vet PVP as I'd rather play a new class / race / build I haven't tried before in Kyne/Blackwater Blade and get the most out of my 9 trait crafter.

Frontloading CP gains (read: level playing field, already implemented in Morrowind) and nerfing proc sets (I want to theorize then craft, not grind) would encourage me to step foot in CP PVP and Battlegrounds.
    Edited by worsttankever on June 30, 2017 10:10PM
    Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour.
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HiImRex wrote: »
    That sounds really nice if you can back up the implication that proc sets are not a problem for game balance.

Also there is such huge irony in you lamenting the death of skillful play while implying proc sets are fine if we just stopped whining and adapted.

But by all means back up your sweeping moral judgments with some facts and reasoning. Just might save us meta slave peasants from being trash.

Youre supposing that proc sets ARE a problem for game balance with no evidence yourself. Its pretty rich you would demand it from me but I'll insert an indisputable fact that might throw a monkey wrench into your logic.

Players wear the armor.

I know right? PLAYERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE OUTCOME OF HOW THEY PLAY THE GAME.

Its probably not what you wanted to hear but its 100% on you that proc sets are a problem for you. So rather than take responsibility for your shortcomings in this particular vein, you want to impose a game wide change to accommodate your issue.

Thats the epitome of selfishness and to boot you want ME TO PROVIDE PROOF that your issue isnt a problem for game balance. GTFO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERygtg_el68
    Edited by Malic on June 30, 2017 10:10PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malic wrote: »

Youre supposing that proc sets ARE a problem for game balance with no evidence yourself. Its pretty rich you would demand it from me but I'll insert an indisputable fact that might throw a monkey wrench into your logic.

Players wear the armor.

I know right? PLAYERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE OUTCOME OF HOW THEY PLAY THE GAME.

Its probably not what you wanted to hear but its 100% on you that proc sets are a problem for you. So rather than take responsibility for your shortcomings in this particular vein, you want to impose a game wide change to accommodate your issue.

Thats the epitome of selfishness and to boot you want ME TO PROVIDE PROOF that your issue isnt a problem for game balance. GTFO

You're so biased it's bad. There are counters to Proc sets, and you want every build to either be a proc build or a proc survivor. It's unhealthy for the game.

Edit: BTW something is happening if you like it or not.
    Edited by Waffennacht on June 30, 2017 10:16PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point, I hope all proc sets get destroyed and at most what's left is sets like morag tong, hawk eye and so on.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Players wear the armor.

Armor doing the fighting for players isnt healthy for the game.

Anyone whose got even a small idea about pvp knows proc sets are broke.

You seem kind of aggressive here? Mind calming down?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point, I hope all proc sets get destroyed and at most what's left is sets like morag tong, hawk eye and so on.
    This alone will make want to play the game again.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't play a stamblade, but I'm honestly just going to sit back and laugh when the complainers start whining about getting wtf pwned by the next BiS build.
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's OK... I'll have roughly an extra 670 weapon damage, do more sustain damage, and have better heals. :smiley:
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stam blades are weak proc sets were the only things making them semi balanced

that is very true, stamina nightblades really are weak, we die easy and we dont do alot of damage unless we hit you from Gank and do all we can in under 3 seconds.
    because as soon as people get out of our damage spam they heal up and kill us.

so your statement is true:
    "stam blades are weak proc sets were the only things making them semi balanced"
  • illuminousflux
    illuminousflux
    ✭✭✭
    1v 1 I think proc sets are weak
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have all those proc sets an Id be happy to see them nerfed . I wouldn't care one bit .
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that is very true, stamina nightblades really are weak, we die easy and we dont do alot of damage unless we hit you from Gank and do all we can in under 3 seconds.

That's only true in a heavy armor meta. against light or medium armor targets stamblades are very strong proc sets or not
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aww did a proc sets touch you in the booty?

I'm kidding but just think about if they didn't exist in the current game. Who kills magsorcs most of the time? And why is it mostly just stamblades?

A sorc can outshield every other classes dps besides stamblade because they can fear them and burst their shields and MAYBE then kill them after that.

A world without stamblades running proc sets is a sorcs world until they nerf sorc.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a1i3nz wrote: »

I'm kidding but just think about if they didn't exist in the current game. Who kills magsorcs most of the time? And why is it mostly just stamblades?

A sorc can outshield every other classes dps besides stamblade because they can fear them and burst their shields and MAYBE then kill them after that.

A world without stamblades running proc sets is a sorcs world until they nerf sorc.

They don't have to absolutely abolish anything. They won't be removed, and they won't be nuked into insignificance, I'm expecting a shield duration type change
    Edited by Waffennacht on July 1, 2017 1:46AM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    No they don't and probably won't. And I'm not really pro or anti proc but I think that nerfing one thing in an unbalanced game only makes others stronger. Procs are just one mistake out of many.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam blades wearing proc sets don't annoy me in general, as I can usually roll away and get my heals and defense up, unless they're really good in which case doesn't matter. What does annoy is 1) multiple gankers at once all using vipers and selenes, overkill much? 2) multiple proc gankers with gank healer and gank tank, for real? 3) that annoying bug when you get hit with incapacitating strike I think, where you get knocked to the ground, and due to the bug or maybe lag you simply cannot cc break to get up.
    Edited by Vapirko on July 1, 2017 3:31AM
  • wrapped
    wrapped
    ✭✭
    Viper and selene got 4 sec cooldown. Should be 8 sec.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i´d argue that on a squishy dmg build vs a squishy dmg build + proccs proccsets are very strong.
    As soon as you set yourself up for high sustained dmg and tankyness proccsets become weak.
    wrapped wrote: »

And that would change what exactly? That you get attacked from invis every 8s instead of 4 and these sets become obsolete in pve?
    Edited by Derra on July 1, 2017 1:43PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time I hear some nerd on the internet say LOL ADAPT SCRUB, I cant help but lol.

The best gear in the game for PvP should be only from PvP.

The best gear for PvE should be from PvE.

They don't need to nerf proc sets in PvP, they just need to make them non functional.

• wrapped
    wrapped
    ✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

i´d argue that on a squishy dmg build vs a squishy dmg build + proccs proccsets are very strong.
    As soon as you set yourself up for high sustained dmg and tankyness proccsets become weak.
    wrapped wrote: »

And that would change what exactly? That you get attacked from invis every 8s instead of 4 and these sets become obsolete in pve?

Yes relieve some pressure from these stamblades who can roll, troll with eternal, range with bow, shade, fear and burst every 4 sec.
  • JDC1985
    JDC1985
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait to see garbage tiers get instantly exposed.

Particularly joyful will be the "stam blades are weak proc sets were the only things making them semi balanced" tears that are sure to come when you can't global 12k damage off an ambush

Share your hopes and dreams before they are dashed to the ground by ZOS

Yeah its going to be a sad day for the proctards they won't be able to kill anything.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Players wear the armor.

The problem with your angle here is that in a competitive environment, players will take the path of least resistance for the highest yeild.

You can champion the cause and insist the issue is players opting to use said overtuned options but at the end of the day it doesnt matter, the sets are available to players and not using them objectively puts you at a disadvantage. That is unhealthy for the game in terms of balance. There will always be a meta in games like this which have a generous amount of options for builds, but the discrepancy between proc sets and everything else is too wide. Plain and simple.

And please dont put those type of clips / gifs in your own post, its downright embarrassing.
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭

it seems you play stamblade all wrong. You get in cc and burst then you get out with shade/cloak. If They dont die you repete. @dwemer_paleologist
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My personal ideas for some of the proc-sets (because that´s what some sets needs: Individual treatment, not a global *** fix that won´t solve anything):

* Tremorscale: Rework so that players aren´t considered "tauntable". Increase the damage to compensate so that tremorscale can be somewhat viable in PvE for those tanks that want to do some damage.

* Viper: Make this set an actual proc-set (100% chance every 4 seconds isn´t a proc-set). Make it so that you have 8% chance to do X amount of damage on direct melee damage, can occur every 7-8 seconds.

* Selenes: Reduce the proc-chance and lower the damage significantly.

• HiImRex
    HiImRex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a1i3nz wrote: »

Im obviously not training up my first mag sorc in preparation right now 0:)
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    proc sets were meant to combat unkillable ppl, i nstead of fighting those unkillable sorcs, the blades turned their procs against everyone else except the unkillable> griefing got new element.

look at zenimax failure to fight fire with fire> detonation bomb, shieldbreaker, ultimates, making meteor unreflectable, procmeta and future doesnt look much better than this.