The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Quest: Best of the Best

gorathSheo
gorathSheo
✭✭
So I have tried the past 3 days to make this quest, but there are always so many players, making it impossible to shoot all the rabbits in time.

So many things are instanced...why not such quests? There are always at least players, trying to shoot 12 rabbits in 1 minute when there are only about 20 rabbits at all.

This is by far not the first quest being so frustrating.

Btw: I killed the golden Jack but the quest was not finished anyways.

Edit: The 3rd killing of the golden Jack worked.
Edited by gorathSheo on April 21, 2014 9:35AM
  • jodyren
    jodyren
    Soul Shriven
    This is the stupidiest quest. Why have a quest in a multiplayer game that is impossible when other players are playing? makes no sense. Only way to complete this quest is to log on in the middle of the night and hope no one does the same.
  • Vasudan84
    Vasudan84
    Soul Shriven
    Is it possible to Kill Golden Jack without explosive arrows?
  • indigoblades
    indigoblades
    ✭✭✭
    Phasing and Quest dont work in this game ... this game was rushed to market.
  • ZOS_EveP
    ZOS_EveP
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your feedback @gorathSheo, we are moving this topic to the General discussion section.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Amfijakerwb17_ESO
    One thing that helped me immensely was to go to options and turn grass off. Much easier to spot the rabbits like that.
  • Shanna
    Shanna
    ✭✭✭
    One thing that helped me immensely was to go to options and turn grass off. Much easier to spot the rabbits like that.

This worked like a charm. Thanks!
    This is all part of the game.
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭

Hah, I've thought about doing that but haven't resorted to it yet. This is my only unfinished quest outside my current zone…
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • Dayv
    Dayv
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. This would be a perfectly good quest for a single player game, but doesn't work with when several people are all competing against limited resources especially when there's a time limit. There are other similarly badly thought out quests where one phase involves weakening and capturing mobs and another stage of the same quest involves killing those same mobs. On a side note I did manage to complete best of the best when I went back to it late at night. I'm not sure how I completed it though, I only killed about three rabbits and it suddenly said Quest Completed.
  • Sidney
    Sidney
    ✭✭✭✭
    This quest seems to be bugged for a bunch of us currently and has been for 2-3 days.

I am under the impression that we are to shoot explosive arrows at a normal rabbit when golden rabbit is running past it.

When I do this I see damage numbers of 0 popping up on the golden rabbit.

Anyone know if we can fix this some how or if it's truly bugged?
    >.<_____/
    If you want me to read a post aimed at me, please put @Sidney.
    Please give us tail armor and dyeable tail ribbons.
    Click Here -->Support Dyeable Tail Ribbons<---
    All your mats r belong to Khajiit.
    Click Here -->Support Tail Armor<---
  • Paulhewhewria
    Paulhewhewria
    ✭✭✭
    I'm been trying to kill Golden Jack now for 2 hours I believe he's bugged.Used the Hunting Bow and explosive arrows,also waited till he was near another rabbit and nothing.
  • Carnage2K4
    Carnage2K4
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stupid ass quest, too many players all trying to do it... I got sick of it and dismissed it...
    Human Infant Connoisseur
  • Darastix
    Darastix
    ✭✭✭
    this is my favorite quest. was a real blast competing to kill jack.
  • Paulhewhewria
    Paulhewhewria
    ✭✭✭
    Well I don't mind competing,but I do truly believe that this quest is bugged or at less Golden Jack is now.He may have worked previously,but I believe one of the newer patches has broken him.
  • Darastix
    Darastix
    ✭✭✭
    Well I don't mind competing,but I do truly believe that this quest is bugged or at less Golden Jack is now.He may have worked previously,but I believe one of the newer patches has broken him.

Maybe its bugged, but it was damn hard when i did it, and aiming at jack will miss every time. He simply to fast, you have to aim at where he will be and get several shots off before the timer runs out. Hes not a one shot kill even with the explosive arrows.
  • ts1810
    ts1810
    Soul Shriven
    I agreed. When I was doing it I got lucky because at that time I was the only one hunting for the rabbits.
  • infraction2008b16_ESO
    infraction2008b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    To kill golden jack you have to use explosive arrows, but you don't shoot him with them but nearby rabbits. I've killed him this way and can pretty much confirm this is the intended mechanic.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jodyren wrote: »
    This is the stupidiest quest.

No.
    The drinking match in The Rift is worse.
  • boony
    boony
    ✭✭
    For me it is bugged, I don't even get an option (not in inv etc.) to equip the hunting bow....and yes I do have inv space
  • boony
    boony
    ✭✭
    This game is getting more f*g buggy
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was able to complete this quest (on Saturday) with at least 6 other player's I could see running around shooting rabbits.

I have my grass settings off (also helps in finding alchemical ingredients, etc), and I did have to try it like 3 times, but I persevered. :smile:

I was not, however, able to catch the Golden Jack.
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
  • SaibotLiu
    SaibotLiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not every quest was designed around the instant gratification "no child left behind" generation, only 99% of the quests. So you found one quest you cant break the sound barrier on, tough luck kemosabe.

Also the quest is fairly self explanatory. "Best of the best" you have to better than everyone else around you at killing small helpless creatures. Best of luck.
    Edited by SaibotLiu on July 2, 2014 8:01AM
  • Saitama
    Saitama
    ✭✭
    "Best of the best" quest is bugged
    I got the hunting bow and persuaded that woman to get the arrows, now when i kill wabbits they dont count
  • Eletheia
    Eletheia
    ✭✭
    This quest is still bugged. Not only does the counter not work for the number of rabbits you kill, the exploding arrows no longer explode, and even though I have completed this quest on a number of other characters so I know how the mechanics previously worked, you can no longer kill the golden rabbit. For some reason, it is nearly impossible to get a bead on him, even standing on top of him. Not sure what happened with updates, etc, to break this, but please fix.

Thank you

Sincerely,
    Those of us who like to complete the quests.
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to revive a thread this old but I am currently having the exact same glitch described in these posts. I have the fire arrows but cannot use them and any rabbits I kill with the hunting bow do not count towards my total and I always have 0 kills no matter how many rabbits I take out. I have tried abandoning and starting the quest over twice but the glitch is still present. Not sure what else to do besides report it as bugged and hope for the best.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Received a response from support that it's a known issue that will be addressed in a later patch...
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.