Maintenance for the week of June 25:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 25

Official Discussion Thread for "Battlemaster’s Corner – The Zookeeper"

  • br0steen
    br0steen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Voxicity wrote: »

    Honestly I don't really know if they require less skill than simply wearing certain gear sets that increase the damage of your abilities. If I got hit with a 14k incap from someone running hundings or gear that increases the damage of their raw abilities, then got hit with a 11k incap and a 2.5k viper, I wouldn't consider either of them more skilled or easier to run because at the end of the day in both cases the player is simply pressing 1 button.

    Well see the big difference is swapping out hundings for viper doesn't increase your incap by 2.5k. I could be super wrong about that though, I don't have a viper set to test it out.

    And to be honest, and I know it's exactly what it sounded like, I wasn't trying to say "if you use proc sets you're a noob", just that I've seen alot of comments about how people feel like they are pushed to proc sets to "stay competitive". It's simply not true, you can in fact be competitive without using proc sets. I run into good players using proc sets and can still beat them without using damage procs. Also, like you said, sometimes truly inexperienced players will use proc sets to no avail and I'm sure they wonder why they die so much.
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voxicity wrote: »
    br0steen wrote: »
    Voxicity wrote: »
    (I am aware they are 'OP' or 'imbalanced' by the way, just in case you thought I was defending them. They are poorly designed and indeed require less skill. What I am defending is the right to use them. And I also don't agree with the fact that everyone screams and cries about proc sets just because they saw it in their death recap whereas other sets are hidden :) )



    @Voxicity
    Sorry, I thought you were saying proc sets are no different than other sets that will boost damage output at all.

    I agree, people will always complain more about what they see most often in their death recaps. However as you said they require less skill which for once, complaints on the forums about what they see on their death recap is somewhat justified with that reasoning. (I still remember when steel tornado was "broken" lol)

    I also agree that everyone has the right to use them. In fact, I'm kind of glad they are in the game, although its clear the community isn't and are not being listened by to by zos, which was my original point. It's nice to know who lacks confidence in their ability to succeed through their skill, and feels it necessary to use proc sets. On xbox they tend to be those who enjoy xv1ing and tbagging to show their dominance.

    Honestly I don't really know if they require less skill than simply wearing certain gear sets that increase the damage of your abilities. If I got hit with a 14k incap from someone running hundings or gear that increases the damage of their raw abilities, then got hit with a 11k incap and a 2.5k viper, I wouldn't consider either of them more skilled or easier to run because at the end of the day in both cases the player is simply pressing 1 button.

    I think people have to be mindful that there are so many different kinds of player in this game. People who are really good and skilled who refuse to use proc sets, people who are really bad at the game and have to rely on proc sets to be competitive. But there are also those in between (of which I would consider myself) who are maybe average players but sometimes run proc sets too because they don't take the game too seriously and just want to enjoy it in their own way. What I don't agree with is the "You use proc sets, you are a low tiered player" kinda stuff. I don't think it's quite as black and white as that. There are many skilled players who I've fought against who run viper or widowmaker etc and it makes them even stronger. There are also players I've fought against who use proc sets and are literally complete trash and barely even know how to CC break. It's just a great scapegoat I guess.

    Lol git gud. It's sad zenimax picks a proc set build and its sad you sit here defending it. Go back to zerging. Idgaf who you are if you use proc sets you're proving that you're bad at pvp and are a core reason why this game is going downhill.
    PS4 NA-True_Trikkshot

    "The time is always right to do what is right." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

    CP800+ Imperial Stamplar
    RIP Launch - June 16th 2018

    Officially a High Elf Magicka Sorcerer Main

    Solo/Small Scale PvPer, End Game PvEer
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »
    Voxicity wrote: »
    br0steen wrote: »
    Voxicity wrote: »
    (I am aware they are 'OP' or 'imbalanced' by the way, just in case you thought I was defending them. They are poorly designed and indeed require less skill. What I am defending is the right to use them. And I also don't agree with the fact that everyone screams and cries about proc sets just because they saw it in their death recap whereas other sets are hidden :) )



    @Voxicity
    Sorry, I thought you were saying proc sets are no different than other sets that will boost damage output at all.

    I agree, people will always complain more about what they see most often in their death recaps. However as you said they require less skill which for once, complaints on the forums about what they see on their death recap is somewhat justified with that reasoning. (I still remember when steel tornado was "broken" lol)

    I also agree that everyone has the right to use them. In fact, I'm kind of glad they are in the game, although its clear the community isn't and are not being listened by to by zos, which was my original point. It's nice to know who lacks confidence in their ability to succeed through their skill, and feels it necessary to use proc sets. On xbox they tend to be those who enjoy xv1ing and tbagging to show their dominance.

    Honestly I don't really know if they require less skill than simply wearing certain gear sets that increase the damage of your abilities. If I got hit with a 14k incap from someone running hundings or gear that increases the damage of their raw abilities, then got hit with a 11k incap and a 2.5k viper, I wouldn't consider either of them more skilled or easier to run because at the end of the day in both cases the player is simply pressing 1 button.

    I think people have to be mindful that there are so many different kinds of player in this game. People who are really good and skilled who refuse to use proc sets, people who are really bad at the game and have to rely on proc sets to be competitive. But there are also those in between (of which I would consider myself) who are maybe average players but sometimes run proc sets too because they don't take the game too seriously and just want to enjoy it in their own way. What I don't agree with is the "You use proc sets, you are a low tiered player" kinda stuff. I don't think it's quite as black and white as that. There are many skilled players who I've fought against who run viper or widowmaker etc and it makes them even stronger. There are also players I've fought against who use proc sets and are literally complete trash and barely even know how to CC break. It's just a great scapegoat I guess.

    Lol git gud. It's sad zenimax picks a proc set build and its sad you sit here defending it. Go back to zerging. Idgaf who you are if you use proc sets you're proving that you're bad at pvp and are a core reason why this game is going downhill.

    Typical 'PvP community' right there :)

    Would like to just point out that I'm not defending proc sets or their existence in the game. I've already agreed with many people about the state of the game while proc sets are included (not from first hand experience as I play CP and proc sets aren't that bad there). The one thing I disagree with is the fact that people seem to be blaming the players all the time for using them. They are a set in the game which are usually easily obtainable, easy to use and give a clear advantage over someone not using them. In my eyes it would be more stupid to NOT use them. I'm not playing pvping in this game for a fair 1 v 1 fight, else I'd be dueling with predetermined rules. Perhaps that is what you yourself should be doing if you care so passionately about playing against people who don't use procs.

    Just to reiterate again, I do not defend the existence of proc sets in this game. I defend a player's right to use them, because this is a damn game and not something that should be taken seriously (especially pvp and cyrodiil, like come on if you're playing in cyrodiil and trying to be competitive and play fair fights then you have literally picked the wrong game to play)

    Won't be replying to this thread any longer as the amount of narrow minded 'PvP community' members has gotten quite boring. Thanks for the attention and discussion everyone and lets hope this build of mine that has been featured brings some light to the issue of proc sets in non cp and battlegrounds :)
    Edited by Voxicity on June 21, 2017 8:13AM
    Vox-ir - AR 43 - Flawless Conqueror - vAS+2 - vHoF - vMoL - Worm Wizard - Blackmarrow Necromancer - Amberplasm - Spiderkith - Master Angler

    PC EU AD

    1000+cp
  • worsttankever
    worsttankever
    ✭✭✭
    See https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/347532/thought-experiment-what-is-vipers-weapon-damage-equivalence

    I'm really disappointed the battle master's first feature since their return is viper + tremorscale. Cheese. Yes I know procsets are OP and a great source of damage. But I was hoping for more creativity and inspiration from the battle master feature. I will definitely NOT be using that feature for future build ideas, but rather, stick to the forums and tamrielfoundary.

    @Voxicity congrats on the feature and I mean no disrespect to you! Instead I feel like the last two golden vendor weekends, this feature, and complaints about battlegrounds are too much and the devs need to hear feedback about this type of gameplay and itemization.
    Edited by worsttankever on June 21, 2017 4:17PM
    Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour.
Sign In or Register to comment.