Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What is the Role of Warden?

james.resnerb14_ESO
I'm early on in the post leveling experience but so far the Warden feels like a very unfinished class. If the goal was a support class, then it falls woefully short. Having a class in the vein of EQ Shaman, Vanguard Bard, etc. would be a great addition to the game. You know, a support class where everyone is glad to have you along, not "great - a Warden...."

The idea of a Jack of All Trades class is understandable if there were already so many classes that were more niche orientated. But with group limitations, why fill a slot with a class that is easily outdone in one of the "Holy Trinity" roles (DPS, Tank, Healer) by pretty much every other class?
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Keep the prisoners in line...
    600px-ON-creature-Lord_Warden_Dusk.jpg
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haven't tried Warden in PVE yet, but in PVP they are quite strong, with good burst, damage mitigation and amazing self healing whether magicka or stamina.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got my Warden to CP Ranks, geared him up with some Necroptence and Julianos and well, not sure where to go with with him from here. Tactics are the key to success with this Class is seems. And those tactics are negated if other players are around.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wardens make great Tanks and Healers, they have some really good support abilities. Now they are not number 1 Main tank but they are #1 off tank. And while going 2 warden healers in a trial isnt that smart, having one warden and one templar is, to me its prefered over 2 templars.

And yes in PvE they are not super strong in DPS atm, but they are very sturdy and can survive a lot, so I would in some situations take that over a tunnel visioned sorc that keeps dying. But thats a player by player thing. They are not really as bas as some make them out to be though.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did two man the Abandoned Farm World Boss at L9 with a pug L14 on my Warden. The Self Heal helped, did not wipe once. Took a long time, but I think they have nerfed the resistance of the World Boss or the Buffs at L9 are just insane as I was knocking his bar down much more than I though I should have on each attack.

So, the Wardens don't suck, just not sure what to do with them.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the critters but wish they were all forest creatures (wolves, tigers, bears etc).

Using plants to heal is very neat though the animations seem a bit long.

Ice is what leaves me scratching my head. I see no real connection to what I should think is the nature/shaman/ranger theme of the warden. For damage I would have much preferred continuing the plant theme. Grasping vines to hold, poisonous plants for DoT and plants with thorns for damage also. To me, this is what really makes the class seem unfinished or not tightly put together.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • james.resnerb14_ESO
    To me, this is what really makes the class seem unfinished or not tightly put together.

I'm thinking the same. Beginning to feel that they under-powered the class to start with to avoid all the PvP ePeen whining and drama that was sure to happen.
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me, this is what really makes the class seem unfinished or not tightly put together.

I'm thinking the same. Beginning to feel that they under-powered the class to start with to avoid all the PvP ePeen whining and drama that was sure to happen.

...the PVE carebear whined, completely oblivious to the irony. He was unaware how awesome wardens actually are in PvP, and hence it would have been better to just articulate his noob complaints without the obligatory dig on PVPers.

Edited by apostate9 on June 17, 2017 4:43AM