Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Announcing the Horns of the Reach and Clockwork City DLCs"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for (yesterday's) blog article Announcing the Horns of the Reach and Clockwork City DLCs. During the Bethesda E3 2017 Showcase, the Horns of the Reach and Clockwork City DLC Game Packs were both teased, giving everyone just a quick glimpse into the future of ESO. Horns of the Reach will be released in August, and Clockwork City will follow later this year.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will both of these be doing to PTS before launch as per normal?

Also any hints on what the base game updates will have in them? *cough* QoL UI update for guilds and merchants *cough*
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Turelus wrote: »

Also any hints on what the base game updates will have in them? *cough* QoL UI update for guilds and merchants *cough*

Per your first question, that's the plan yep. As far as base game updates, we'll be getting into those more in the coming weeks. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Cyn_v84
    Cyn_v84
    ✭✭✭
    As far as base game updates, we'll be getting into those more in the coming weeks. :)

Don't get me wrong, I'm overly exited for the new dlc's, but I'm VERY curious to see what these updates will be and how they will affect the game. Also, I believe they'll take the bulk of the attention, seeing how this forum remains full of complaints :s
    Edited by Cyn_v84 on June 13, 2017 3:44PM
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Please no. Let them fix all the bugs before adding new features. I'd love to say "why not both?", but it seems that ZOS is stretched too thin at the moment for that. Give us a working group finder (for dungeons and BGs), non-bugged stamina skills and functioning trials on console, non-bugged %-damage-scaling skills, banks that don't disappear your items, non-load-screen-inducing gap closers, Cyrodiil NPCs, etc. After that, then we can talk about new features.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »

Please no. Let them fix all the bugs before adding new features. I'd love to say "why not both?", but it seems that ZOS is stretched too thin at the moment for that. Give us a working group finder (for dungeons and BGs), non-bugged stamina skills and functioning trials on console, non-bugged %-damage-scaling skills, banks that don't disappear your items, non-load-screen-inducing gap closers, Cyrodiil NPCs, etc. After that, then we can talk about new features.
    You want UI teams to work on your combat bugs, sure what could go wrong? :joy:

Per your first question, that's the plan yep. As far as base game updates, we'll be getting into those more in the coming weeks. :)
    Thanks! I shall be looking forward to hearing what's coming up and testing some on PTS. :)
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No, I want them to hire more combat people instead of focusing resources on UI and other QoL things. I've had experiences where it's literally impossible to get a group into a dungeon recently. Meanwhile, responses to QoL and Crown Store bugs are fast and functional. I admit that I don't know everything that goes on internally at ZOS, but it doesn't seem like resources are being allocated in the most player-friendly way.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's hoping that we get an early august release for horns of the reach so i get some free time to play before school starts later in the month :)
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will there be new skins for Reach dungeons as it was for Shadows of hist?
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's hoping that we get an early august release for horns of the reach so i get some free time to play before school starts later in the month :)

They really should do this.

They probably won't. Especially not on console :-(.
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so all the 2013-2014 Quakecon content will release it seems.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, I want them to hire more combat people instead of focusing resources on UI and other QoL things. I've had experiences where it's literally impossible to get a group into a dungeon recently. Meanwhile, responses to QoL and Crown Store bugs are fast and functional. I admit that I don't know everything that goes on internally at ZOS, but it doesn't seem like resources are being allocated in the most player-friendly way.
    From my experience following ZOS they are, but they don't have the ability to just throw money or more devs at. I'm sure they're not happy with the persistent issues like Group Finder either, but I very much doubt they're ignoring it.

Sadly we don't really have a great understanding of the internal workings of ZOS, but I think if you ever watch ESO Live you can see the passion each developer had for the game.
    If there is a bone to be picked it would be with whoever handle resource allocation, but we also don't know who they report to and what restrictions they have etc.

I guess I am just more relaxed with things since I took my break, the game is what it is and I take it for that.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm super excited for the Clockwork City DLC, hoping for more main story progress.

One day we will save Darien, even if it kills me.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    I'm super excited for the Clockwork City DLC, hoping for more main story progress.

One day we will save Darien, even if it kills me.

Yesplz.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as base game updates, we'll be getting into those more in the coming weeks. :)
    Technically next week is a coming week...
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If any of this is coming... I know something that would be the coolest thing to announce first. *cough cough*
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if we will run into that one reachman we had the option of sparing in The Rift (or his family if we didn't) in this DLC.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...only ten hours for Clockwork City? So this is something Imperial City sized. Seems awfully small given that they've been foreshadowing it literally for years and dropping hints in multiple DLCs.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, this has popped up in a few places, so I figure I'll ask it here.

If Falkreath Hold is one of the new dungeons, does this mean we shouldn't get our hopes up for an actual Falkreath zone in the future?
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...only ten hours for Clockwork City? So this is something Imperial City sized. Seems awfully small given that they've been foreshadowing it literally for years and dropping hints in multiple DLCs.

That gives me ideas for the next pve pvp zone ! Or just any new kind of zone. I feel like there will be a new mechanic for the clockwork city. What will give it constant replayability like imperial city.

Even the pve dlc zones have dailies and such.

So I wonder if clockwork will have some new mode or gamestyle :)
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm... Was kinda hoping we'd some of those locked doors on Vvardenfell opened up.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've also been wondering about Falkreath Hold. Is the dungeon going to span all of Falkreath, or will it be smaller? Does this rule out an open world Falkreath in the future?
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I was kinda hoping for Falkreath Hold to be a solo-able DLC landmass, but now it's locked into a dungeon? Were will the dungeon's entrance be, Craglorn?

I hope "the guys" have a plan to make both Falkreath Hold and the Reach as a non-instanced landmass sometime in the future.

(/sigh you guys can even respond with the "s-word" if that tickles your fancy)
    Edited by Vanthras79 on June 13, 2017 11:32PM
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Aetherian Archive going to get fixed for the trash mobs from left side @ going to spooky ghost lady?

Speaking of trials, is Yokeda Kai getting deleted?

Are sorcs getting the nerfs they need?

Are Templar's balanced warrior passive getting spell damage buff?
    Edited by Blackbird_V on June 14, 2017 6:39AM
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds great, also secretly excited for new houses :blush:
  • Fingolfinn01
    Fingolfinn01
    ✭✭✭✭
    sounds great, looking forward to these updates. keep up the good work.
    PC-NA
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When Horns of the Reach launches, the base game will also get a major (free!) update. This update will include a new Battlegrounds map (Arcane University) and a new Battlegrounds ruleset (Chaosball), in addition to new homes, furnishings, cosmetics, and more. This update will be available to all ESO players (though only ESO: Morrowind owners will have access to the Battlegrounds content), even if you don't pick up Horns of the Reach.
    It sounds like the major update for base game is going to be free! but not exactly free! as the major part of the update (Battlegrounds) will need Morrowind and Morrowind isn't free!.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait for base game update. I read ZOS is working hard on transmog. feature. Hope it's comming out soon :smile:
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • UncannyLinderman
    UncannyLinderman
    ✭✭✭

From my experience following ZOS they are, but they don't have the ability to just throw money or more devs at. I'm sure they're not happy with the persistent issues like Group Finder either, but I very much doubt they're ignoring it.

Sadly we don't really have a great understanding of the internal workings of ZOS, but I think if you ever watch ESO Live you can see the passion each developer had for the game.
    If there is a bone to be picked it would be with whoever handle resource allocation, but we also don't know who they report to and what restrictions they have etc.

I guess I am just more relaxed with things since I took my break, the game is what it is and I take it for that.

Nothing is ever perfect, more so in a gaming landscape full of constant change and tweaks. Each new potential fix may cause three new issues. Doesn't mean they don't try to come as close to perfect as possible. That makes me relaxed about it as well.
  • Zacchaeus
    Zacchaeus
    ✭✭
    Any news on Murkmire?
    "Need me to carry something?"