The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Non PVP tel var dungeon

Nightbladewoodelf
I know I will get a lot of stick for posting this but hear me out. as a solo player and small group collecting 100k tel var can be such a long time to not get the item you want or need for your build so to explain what im saying ill break it down.
in the IC and Sewers you get a multiplier of x4 and 33% in districts as a bonus, however due to happy hoards and gankers a solo player just farming stones can fin he/she can lose so many.
I understand that part and parcel of the system, but what I purpose is a dungeon that can be private to you or your group where you can get tel var stones without losing half if you die.
so if you have over 10k stones that a x4 multiplier and plus an extra 33% on top with districts.
my dungeon idea will go as follows.

it will be like any delve however if you go solo you will have access to four bosses which will give you a .5 multiplier when you kill them giving you a maximum of x2 for the loop, if you go in with a group you get the same number of bosses but the stones will be shared like the in IC or Sewers but get access to one extra group boss (like a area boss in any zone) and a group event which will give a .25 of a multiplier, so if you complete it as a group you get a maximum of x2.5 but the stones are shared out.

This way you don't lose any stones if you die and can farm in safety however the fast way would still be in the IC or Sewers due to the reward amount from bosses and district bonuses.

I didn't post this to have people take the mick or give me abuse it just an idea that all
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, the whole point of IC telvar system is that little extra rush of adrenaline evrytime you get out of a fight alive AND richer in telvar.

So, I guess for me your proposal (as much as i can understand you) is just flawless.

Btw... and i am just writing this bc I myself needed some time to find this and lost many telvar to it: You can bank your telvar stones. Just talk to a banker and deposit funds ... choose the telvar (right corner in screen, 2 icons: choose left icon) option and store your telvar safely in your bank account.

When entering IC PVP zone with 100 telvar, you almost always leave it with a plus in telvar - no matter if you have to release due to death or fight your way back to base through the sewers.

Just my thoughts on this.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    neither actively for nor against your idea - but i can see a few issues

if a solo or group dungeon were to be introduced where telvar could be collected the perks currently available in IC would HAVE to be disabled.

if i understand your post correctly you are asking for the negative to be disabled (loose 50% of stones on death) and yet expects all the benefits to remain (multipliers for having more stones, increased earning for owning districts)

the benefits exist to make acquiring telvar easier, because loosing them is so easy.

if you remove the risk of loosing your telvar you can NOT keep the reward of increased earning of telvar!
  • Nightbladewoodelf
    as I said I do understand but why I posted my idea was probably more the RNG is so high on some items and for people trying to get there build with good stats bonuses etc it can leave a bitter taste in the mouth and they could give up easily on that build. like me get a gold necklace has been months and months of nothing but gold rings be nice to go somewhere safe to get 100k try and get gold necklace if not I can go again instead of farming for weeks for nothing just a frustration
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm absolutely fine for having access to PVP rewards without having to PVP.

As long as you can also get access to dungeon sets without having to PVE.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Nightbladewoodelf
    im talking about a dungeon or delve like you would enter the WGT or sunder root ruins a small separate area you enter im not talking about a whole non pvp imperial city just a small little delve style tel var farming or even not having any multiplier what so ever so just the delve with small amount of tel var for reward and making 100k a little bit easier to get
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, you can buy most stuff from guild traders. (purple telvar gear and jewellery isn't really rare nor expensive ... and you can improve the gear yourself, if you wish to).

As for golden jewellery ... yes, its hard to get and very expensive.
    BUT:
    1) you have means to safe your telvar (use the bank and you will not loose everything)
    2) immo farming telvar is much (by far much) easier and faster then farming keyshards, or specific sets in raids etc
    PLUS
    3) Once you got enough telvar RNG on jewellery is much (by far much) more in your favour then with any other RNG-depended loot in ESO (see above: keyshards, raids etc...)

So, while i agree that its sometimes frustrating to loose telvar to the PVP situation in IC, please remember there are many even less favourable situations in game already. While complaining about these (just search for "token system") didn't change anything I guess we will not see a change in IC, too.

Don't get me wrong... make use of the options I named and minimize your losses and if you get frustrated look up the threads about farming sharpend destro staff in vMSA :D
  • Makato
    Makato
    ✭✭✭
    Farm gold to buy the stuff u want from ic or do actual PvP and get stones , the teller "high risk" way of farming is what makes em valuable ... 2x reward tier is still around 4k a boss wich take roughly 5-10 mins to solo ... too much reward i'd say for almost no risk
    And i mean it's probably the easiest thing to farm in the game .. cuz it always drops what u want ...
    PC/EU
    All factions all classes
    Autocorrect does not care bout what i write so i don't care bout my spelling
    LIZZURD IS LOVE LIZZURD IS LIFE !
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, please. This wonderful currency needs this risks.
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if anything the risks should stay the same and the items you can buy with telvar need to be more worth.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

I don't like the idea of Telvar being farmable without the risk, but perhaps a similar mechanic like "The Golden" and the PVE overland bag vendors. An NPC or two that takes writ vouchers for random Cyrodiil bags and spawns weekly next to the current Writ merchant.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • Nightbladewoodelf
    i like the writ idea but your saying a tel var stone reward for the writ?

and I only posted this idea purely as that an idea as I said from the top I know it will cause an argument but as yet on the ps4 euro server I have found no guild selling it so just takes ages to get 100k

not a complaint but a frustration that sometimes in some areas of eso solo players are punished in favour of groups I also know that me saying that will cause people to rant on how stupid I am it a social game but as I have found especially doing sewer runs and undaunted apart from a few players the rest criticise me on how I play the way I do things make jokes everybody laughs so sometimes being solo im my own critic.

that why the most of the time I choose to solo hence my idea to go somewhere non pvp where we can earn tel var how it done I don't care but it was just an idea
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, the whole idea behind the tel var currency is the risk of losing it to PvP, that's why you originally lost 80% to a PvP death and 10% to a PvE death.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

This.

You give me my sharpened vMA fire staff (did 200 runs, didn't get one, and I won't go back) as well as all your other BiS gear that I'll never mindlessly dungeon farm, and I'll be fine with you getting riskless, mindlessly dungeon farmed tel var.

Otherwise, this thread is carebear nonsense.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't think this will happen.
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just go to IC in amalaexia NA , the place is a ghost town.
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I will get a lot of stick for posting this but hear me out. as a solo player and small group collecting 100k tel var can be such a long time to not get the item you want or need for your build so to explain what im saying ill break it down.
    in the IC and Sewers you get a multiplier of x4 and 33% in districts as a bonus, however due to happy hoards and gankers a solo player just farming stones can fin he/she can lose so many.
    I understand that part and parcel of the system, but what I purpose is a dungeon that can be private to you or your group where you can get tel var stones without losing half if you die.
    so if you have over 10k stones that a x4 multiplier and plus an extra 33% on top with districts.
    my dungeon idea will go as follows.

it will be like any delve however if you go solo you will have access to four bosses which will give you a .5 multiplier when you kill them giving you a maximum of x2 for the loop, if you go in with a group you get the same number of bosses but the stones will be shared like the in IC or Sewers but get access to one extra group boss (like a area boss in any zone) and a group event which will give a .25 of a multiplier, so if you complete it as a group you get a maximum of x2.5 but the stones are shared out.

This way you don't lose any stones if you die and can farm in safety however the fast way would still be in the IC or Sewers due to the reward amount from bosses and district bonuses.

I didn't post this to have people take the mick or give me abuse it just an idea that all

No.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This defeats the whole purpose of the telvar system. Nope.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just go on the no-CP 7 day campaign. It's usually the emptiest one.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Greyhame
    Greyhame
    ✭✭
    I have no problem with this on one condition. That I can buy PVE sets any time I want with AP including monster sets. If you don't have to PVP then I shouldn't have to PVE.
    Greyhame
    [PS4][NA][Ebonheart Pact]
    [SVER True Bloods]
    [Elder Skrubs]
    [Skooma Syndicate]
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would love this idea if PvP were enabled in this dungeon, but I suppose that would defeat the purpose for the OP.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not a bad idea tbh. Except decrease the telvar gain by 30-40% or even 50% since u won't be in pvp. I mean it would be interesting to see. Heck I gained 120k TV on Sunday by ganking the gankers who ganked my warden. Oh the rage tells from them were flawless.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need more PvP content, not less.

As a PvP'er, I need to do tons of PvE to be competitive, like days and days. As a PvE'er, the only PvP I have to do is 2 hours to unlock warhorn and as much tel var farming as I want to -- or just buy the tel var gear off the AH for gold and do zero tel var farming.

Sorry you can't tolerate PvP for a few wee hours every once in a while. Git gud.