Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Chests in Vvardenfell

Akwila
Akwila
✭✭✭
They don't seem to be dropping appropriate items...

Like, I've found 1 master chest, a few advanced chests, and MANY intermediate and simple. However I still haven't found ANY Ashlander buoyant armiger motifs (despite having about 90% of achievements for Morrowind outside of HoF, including savior of morrowind) and I have noticed that the vast majority of the intermediate chests only drop one, setless, garbage piece of gear and nothing else, where as simple chests are dropping garbage green gear with a glyph or empty soul gem (something). Though the advanced chests and one master chest I have found has yielded 1 blue defilers item and the rest vendor or decon garbage. Meanwhile the thieves troves I have found are dropping purples, pardon edicts, and generally nice things pretty frequently. Some thing feels amiss here with the regular chests, particularly the intermediate ones.

Anyone else notice this?

Update: After 8 hours of straight farming chests and troves, intermediate chests consistently yield less than simple chests 99 times out 100. Also no buoyant armiger. None. The hell is that drop rate even with a so called "quirk of fate". Holy ***...

Update 6/22: Intermediate and simple chests seem to be reliably dropping appropriate loot. BA motifs are dropping 1 per 200-300 chests I open, which is actually pretty ok. That comes out to be about 1 motif page per day I play. Seems good now.

6/29: Haven't seen a BA motif in about a week. Never mind what I said, this drop rate is still extremely bad. I get that they're supposed to be rare, but at this point you might as well make each page orange colored and call it a new rarity called Mythic.
  • Akwila
    Akwila
    ✭✭✭
    Just gonna give this the 'ol bump here with an update.

Days and hundreds of chests later, I have found 1 buoyant armiger motif, which was in a simple chest, in HoF. To date, this is one of 3 buoyant arimger pieces i have ever even seen linked in chat (one person was selling BA swords in vvardenfell zone chat for 300k).

What, the hell, is with that drop rate? Like I certainly don't feel rewarded for having done the content I was told would reward me with such things.
    Edited by Akwila on June 6, 2017 7:46PM
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have any of you seen any paintings that are supposed to drop either?
    I certainly haven't.

The chest drops look like chests on live did before Homestead. They're missing all the updated code for better drops and newer drops.
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The droprate is just bleeeeeeeh. I'm in your shoes, fren. It's more stinky than a stinky stink!
    Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I certainly haven't.

The chest drops look like chests on live did before Homestead. They're missing all the updated code for better drops and newer drops.

I stole one of the new paintings from a safebox in Vvardenfell, I'm unable to launder it however, I get an error.

Something else I've noticed, sometimes looting a safebox there is only gold and no loot, also looting urns, and other containers sometimes there is no item

Also, I've killed hundreds of those little shroom beetles, and picked tons of alchemy ingredients, and not one mushroom furnishing
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Greath
    Greath
    Would you happen to have a picture of all the chest locations?
  • Mordenkainen
    Mordenkainen
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should have seen the CE Treasure Map chest loot...

3934481.jpg

I only took a screenshot of that one chest but they all looked like this. Some gold and random nonset leveled crap. Not even a painting or something.
  • jockjammerb16_ESO
    jockjammerb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    roughly 100+ chests since completing vvardenfell and not one motif page. According to patch notes the drop rate should be better after completing the main story. Well,...it ain't. new paintings? nope none of those either. No furnishing praxis maybe? oh well no because those dont drop from chests. My personal experience chests in vvardenfel are basically just a waste of time. the drop rates are either insanely bad or many of us are just rolling a 01 on a 100 sided die over and over again.
    I get how RNG works but this is just frustrating.
  • jockjammerb16_ESO
    jockjammerb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah,I forgot the shroom beetles. Yep kill pretty much every one I see and not one new praxis. out of the hundreds I killed one dropped some orc praxis or something and that was it. The rest just mushrooms and bait. Very frustrating.
  • Akwila
    Akwila
    ✭✭✭
    I've looted some Hlaalu furnishing recipes from furniture and urns and stuff. Drop rate there seems fine. But yeah. I have every achievement Morrowind under general (except the motifs), exploration, and quests (except the ebony one).

Played since day one of the early release and I have 2 buoyant armiger motifs. And I am farming my ass off.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6_dMARY4jN2aTVoSklHRGFTTms/view?usp=sharing

Pic of my CE maps that i redeemed AFTER getting all my achievements. Utter garbage.
    Edited by Akwila on June 8, 2017 12:54PM
  • martinezguillermo33ub17_ESO
    Just wasted one of my CE Treasure Map for Vvardenfell, everything I got was garbage, I won't even bother with the other CE Treasure Map knowing the chest in Vvardenfell are giving poor equipment, this need to be fix ZOS. What's the point of introducing a new chapter if we're not getting rewarded as we were told.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buoyant armiger is by far one of the rarest drops in the game. It's pretty absurd. I've hit hundreds of chests and am yet to receive a single motif page of it. Not only that, I have not found a single person that has it on xbox. Yes it's only been out a few days, but still. Normally you can get most the motif pages on release day or a few days after. This is just ridiculous. Why is the drop rate so low? Is this a glitch or something?
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got nothing from chests in Vvardenfell, while in other DLC zones I get motifs pretty often.
    We are betatesting guys, they will increase the drop in few weeks when all content will be done.
    Edited by Niaver on June 8, 2017 6:25PM
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, just letting you know we're looking into this. Thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gina can correct me, but the CE treasure chests are deliberately pretty garbo because they didn't want someone to run off with the "pay to win" accusations. It's the same way for the base game CE maps.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was beginning to think I had the worse luck.. been getting prob 10-15 chests per day and nothing but generic green "Inferno Staff of Magica Regen".
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • ChandraNalaar
    ChandraNalaar
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes, please fix this! I've been grinding all over Vvardenfell since early access and haven't gotten a single Armiger motif.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've posted on Facebook, xbox one NA area chat in multiple zpnes, 3 main trading guilds, multiple players that all have every motif less a few of the new ones, and no one that I have found has a single piece of buoyant armiger.... I'm crying inside.
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coming to a clown store near you soon....
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭

You do? We've been playing the content for two+ weeks.
    I guess we'll be able to buy motifs in crown store anyway, yeah?
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should have seen the CE Treasure Map chest loot...
    I only took a screenshot of that one chest but they all looked like this. Some gold and random nonset leveled crap. Not even a painting or something.
    @Mordenkainen
    Unfortunately, that is a feature and not a bug.

ZOS confirmed several months ago that CE treasure maps do not follow any of the rules of other maps/chests.
    The CE chests are basically just for new players and supposed to help them out to get started with the game.

They're useless for any character above level 5ish ...
    sad.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on June 9, 2017 6:52PM
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    I've found 2 buoyant armiger motifs in about 130 chests....so could be worse I suppose. I usually get pretty decent drops from chests with the treasure hunter cp perk. Drop rate could definitely be improved though. Also to note, my intermediate chests are always better than simple 100% of the time.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xionar wrote: »
    I've found 2 buoyant armiger motifs in about 130 chests....so could be worse I suppose. I usually get pretty decent drops from chests with the treasure hunter cp perk. Drop rate could definitely be improved though. Also to note, my intermediate chests are always better than simple 100% of the time.

Are you on xbox one?
  • AdicusDio
    AdicusDio
    ✭✭✭
    I certainly haven't.

Yes, I've found roughly 5 paintings, 2 of which were "Winter", 1 Summer, etc. Sold some, still have others. Mobs seem to drop them frequently enough, but not in the Public Dungeons (at least for me thus far).
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I certainly haven't.

You only get the old paintings from chests.
    You can get the new artwork from lockboxes, but then you can't launder them...lol

• OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've found a total of one chest. Simple lol
  • xXMichonneXx
    xXMichonneXx
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno are you also looking into the duel wield issue?
    XBoxOne NA
    910 CP
    50 Imperial Stamblade DC
    50 Argonian Templar Healer DC
    50 Altmer Mag Sorc DC
    50 Imperial Stam Templar DC
    50 Dunmer Mag DK DC
    50 Imperial Stam Sorc DC
    50 Nord Stam DK Tank DC
    50 Redguard Stam DK DPS DC
    50 Altmer Mag Templar DPS DC
    50 Imperial Stam Warden DC
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've received one Buoyant Armiger motif after clearing every inch of Morrowind and opening practically every chest at least once. This was AFTER completing the main quest with Vivec and the library quest.

It was in an intermediate chest btw.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far I got Legs, Boots, Belts, and Axes, 3 from Simple and 1 from Intermediate chests.

Supposedly higher level chests have a better drop rate, but it certainly doesn't feel like it. It's to the point where I'm more happy to find a simple than a master chest.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Any update?

Or is this gonna be like most bugs and never hearing anything more about from ZOS?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Akwila
    Akwila
    ✭✭✭
    I have no update really. Same issues, simple chests are generally better than intermediate. Advanced and master are fine. Drop rate on buoyant armiger motiffs even with achievements is horrific