Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Expert Defender

FoolishHuman
FoolishHuman
✭✭✭✭✭
Does Expert Defender help against monsters at all or is it only for PvP? It says less damage from light and heavy attacks, but do monster attacks count as such?
  • Bombashaman
    Bombashaman
    ✭✭✭
    I'd also like to know this. My google-fu revealed following: https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/4b8ev4/champion_system_question_expert_defender/d172csj/
    Has this been fixed?
  • sonxio
    sonxio
    anyone else tested this? i'm not sure if it's worthwhile for PVE

Time flies like an arrow, banana flies like banana.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/279426/damage-mitigation-explanation-updated-for-morrowind-new-calculator/p1

It does not work. And there were other discussions about this earlier, something its just a bug but I think its intended since almost no mob have their "light attack" actaully be called that, some heavy attacks are called that but not all. And this is true for all types of mobs, humanoids as well as monsters. Eitherway in PvE we still have plenty of mitgation to go around.
  • sonxio
    sonxio
    ok! thanks. i'll spend 10 points in increased received-healing. I do want to reduce 15% damage-taken when rezing others.

• paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sonxio wrote: »
    ok! thanks. i'll spend 10 points in increased received-healing. I do want to reduce 15% damage-taken when rezing others.

I would recomend 43 Hardy, 43 Elemental Expert, 23 thick skin and 44 Ironclade for a strong over all mitigation. This is regardless of role. You then have 57p at max Cp to move around as you like.
  • sonxio
    sonxio
    thanks!

by elemental expert you mean element defender right?

and ironclad, it's interesting, i never looked into this before. it read "reduce damage taken from direct damage", it means anything not damaging overtime? sounds extremely useful.

but about "thick skinned", are there really many over-time damage in dungeons? especially when it comes to the final boss where numerous teams disband, i can't recall any casting such damage. i've not specified even 1 point there, as i thought there was no need. what do you think?

• paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sonxio wrote: »
    thanks!

by elemental expert you mean element defender right?

and ironclad, it's interesting, i never looked into this before. it read "reduce damage taken from direct damage", it means anything not damaging overtime? sounds extremely useful.

but about "thick skinned", are there really many over-time damage in dungeons? especially when it comes to the final boss where numerous teams disband, i can't recall any casting such damage. i've not specified even 1 point there, as i thought there was no need. what do you think?

Sorry yes i meant defender. And sorry, i did not know how experianced you were, hope you dungeon runs will go better in the future. I spec for end game contemt but that cp set up will work for all content. And some bosses do have ground aoe dots so they will work there. But yea its not that common in the base game dungeons.