Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

I need Healing

mattperkins93b14_ESO
mattperkins93b14_ESO
Soul Shriven
Hello everyone, I'm returning to the game after having not played since a few months after the launch. I feel very behind in the knowledge department, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice on making a new healer, especially with the release of Morrowind. I was thinking of making an Argonian, for the restoration staff bonuses, and then go templar. Any tips or suggestions?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're looking for builds (though end game) you can check the links in my forums signature. AlcastHQ and Tameriel Foundry Forums both have builds for classes which list races, skills, gear etc.

If you want some guides on basics and features check the link to MissBizz's thread in my signature as she has made a lot of them.

As for practical advice I can't help as much as I've yet to finish levelling a healer and play one.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone, I'm returning to the game after having not played since a few months after the launch. I feel very behind in the knowledge department, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice on making a new healer, especially with the release of Morrowind. I was thinking of making an Argonian, for the restoration staff bonuses, and then go templar. Any tips or suggestions?

Argonians got a racial bonus to healing done and to max magicka while you were away. At least 5 pcs of light armor is standard for a dedicated PvE healer. See different builds from theorycrafters for specific sets and mundus stone but max magicka and and magicka recovery will be your key stats.

For the champion system the stars Blessed (healing done) and Elfborn (larger criticals from magicka-based spells) under the Apprentice constellation are important. Healing Springs from the Restoration Staff line is your bread and butter AoE heal with the reductions in resource sustain that came with Morrowind, supplemented by other group and single target healing spells and whatever buffs/debuffs/damage you want to do.

Energy Orbs (Undaunted skill line) and/or Shards will help your allies with sustain as can Restoring Spirit from Restoration Staff. Make sure you are able to help your group with both stamina and magicka recovery with a couple of those or similar skills.

There are other things to consider but these things are going to be the same for all Templar healers.

EDIT: Oh, and they changed one of the weapon crafting traits to Powered, which passively increases the healing done by the person wielding the weapon.
    Edited by tinythinker on June 6, 2017 9:16PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars make very good healers. Argonians, Bretons and Altmers are all very good race choices (I use a Bosmer, lol). As said above, at least 5 light armor (I use 7) and all attributes to magicka. Weaponry is a resto staff for sure and either another resto staff or a destruction staff. I prefer a destruction staff as the other weapon so I can slot Elemental Drain.

There are more good skills than you can slot so you do have to make some choices when slotting. A good approach, I think, is to experiment with differing skills to learn which best suit your healing style while staying clearly focused on the capabilities a healer should provide and make sure you have those areas covered:

- Healing - burst, area, over time.
    - Assistance with resource management for both stamina and magicka fighters.
    - Buffs and debuffs - especially those that include some other benefit to your allies. Elemental Drain is a great example in that it drops a target's magic resistance while assisting allies to recover magicka.
    - Damage. Focus here on making sure you are potent enough to solo normal content, but it is also helpful to provide some damage to help your allies as your other duties permit. Again, optimal skills here are those that help your team in other ways while still providing damage (like Blazing Spear and Purify for example).

Edited by AcadianPaladin on June 6, 2017 11:21PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo