Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't create characters

mia_pow
mia_pow
✭✭
I don't own morrowind but since the update I can't create a new character I have available slots still since it say 7/8 Iam on the PS4 NA not sure anyone else having similar issues?
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where, exactly, in the creation process is it blocking you? Is it not letting you press the "new character" button on the selection screen? Are you able to get into character creation but not finish it?
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • mia_pow
    mia_pow
    ✭✭
    The option to create new character is completely gone on the selection screen
  • mia_pow
    mia_pow
    ✭✭
    I thought maybe since I didn't buy Morrowind Iam block from making an additional character, I wasn't trying to make a warden or anything regarding Morrowind unless there is a new way Iam supposed to create characters unlike the previous way.
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mia_pow wrote: »
    I thought maybe since I didn't buy Morrowind Iam block from making an additional character, I wasn't trying to make a warden or anything regarding Morrowind unless there is a new way Iam supposed to create characters unlike the previous way.

You should be able to create a character if you have the slot for it. You haven't deleted a character recently, right?

I'd fill out a support ticket here. If you start getting emails, pay attention to what they say, and, as the first round will likely be automated, keep replying until you get a person.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Bucky Balls
    Bucky Balls
    ✭✭✭
    Might I suggest you check your resolution? - the create button is close to the bottom of the screen and may be obscured if that part of the screen is clipped.
  • Jagula0901
    Same issue as op but on my Xbox. Deleted a char to make another, bit there is no option on the screen to make it.
  • mia_pow
    mia_pow
    ✭✭
    I deleted a character about two days ago, does deleting one cause me to wait.
  • gentomann
    gentomann
    same here on ps4. was full, bought a slot in crown shop but theres no option to create one more char, only the hint that i reached my max of 9 chars is gone.

friend on ps4 with same issue, we both dont have morrowind.

fix this, that is incredibly *** up.
  • mia_pow
    mia_pow
    ✭✭
    Glad Iam not the only one, I was beginning to think there was something wrong with me.
  • Zemurii
    Zemurii
    Soul Shriven
    I was having the exact same issue, deleted a character that i didn't want, then i was able to create a new one.

While this isn't a viable solution, it is a way around it until they fix the issue.
    Edited by Zemurii on June 8, 2017 7:11AM
  • Demonchilde1
    Demonchilde1
    Soul Shriven
    @Zemurii
    May I ask how many toons you have ?
    I have 7 out of 8 and still cant create a new one :(

Do I have to delete another one ?
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hard reset ur xbox lol. The infamous Microsoft line
  • Jaremaru
    Jaremaru
    @ZOS_GinaBruno come on, how many days does this need to go on?

At least get Zos to acknowledge that this is a problem. Paying 60 CAD when all I want out or the DLC is to make a Warden and I cant even do so.
    Edited by Jaremaru on June 10, 2017 2:33AM
  • CaptainBeerDude
    CaptainBeerDude
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....at least I'm enjoying my warden...

Sending good feels your way...
  • Jaremaru
    Jaremaru
    @Zemurii

Yes. I just deleted a second character and once you have 6/8 you can make a new one. such BS
  • Jagula0901
    I had 8/9 and couldn't create one. I deleted another and had 7/9 and was able to create one. Now I'm back to 8/9 and can't create any more so idk.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Zemurii

You shouldn't have to but if you had 8 characters and deleted one 2 days ago, I think you have to wait one more day to make a new character. If it still doesn't let you then it's a bug.
    Edited by Katahdin on June 10, 2017 3:25AM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, you can create a new character immediately after deletion. Or, you're supposed to be able to. Way back when, I nuked one of my Nightblades to reroll them as a DK. And, that worked. So, no, this is a bug of some sort.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    @Zemurii

You shouldn't have to but if you had 8 characters and deleted one 2 days ago, I think you have to wait one more day to make a new character. If it still doesn't let you then it's a bug.

There is only a limit on how many characters you can delete, not how many you can create. I've deleted and remade characters right after many times (including when Morrowind launched). But this is on PC.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on June 10, 2017 4:25AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you guys didn't delete any max level characters. If you did, you can ask ZOS to restore them.

This is a huge bug to go unacknowledged for 3 days now.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on June 10, 2017 4:28AM
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cooldown is 72 hours. You should be able to create a new character 72 hours after the time that you deleted the previous one. This is because you had all 8 slots filled, and then deleted one. If you had had 7/8 and then deleted one, you could have created a new one right away, based on the existing open slot, and then been able to add another 72 hours later.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fgoron2000 wrote: »
    Cooldown is 72 hours. You should be able to create a new character 72 hours after the time that you deleted the previous one. This is because you had all 8 slots filled, and then deleted one. If you had had 7/8 and then deleted one, you could have created a new one right away, based on the existing open slot, and then been able to add another 72 hours later.

The cooldown only affects how many characters you can delete. There is no restriction on creating new characters.
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭

The cooldown only affects how many characters you can delete. There is no restriction on creating new characters.

interesting, i interpreted it differently...I thought that it was for both...
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

interesting, i interpreted it differently...I thought that it was for both...

It isn't.

• Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When in doubt, file a customer service ticket
  • Cyrus_Grimwulf
    I'm having this same problem. I recently created three new characters which left me one slot open which I have plans to create a Warden when I get Morrowind but the option to create a character is missing from the character login screen this is on Xbox One
  • DobbaDeuce
    DobbaDeuce
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing for me on PS4. Deleted my 8th character, now at 7/8 and it won't let me make a new one.
    Tamriel-616 - A Chronicle of Tamriel's Heroes
    Jollo | Daggerfall | Templar | Lvl 47 | Blackwater Blade
    Vidarr
    | Ebonheart | Sorcerer | Lvl 26 | Chillrend
    J'Pummra
    | Aldmeri | Dragonknight | Lvl 13 | Thornblade
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still going on. Nearly 2 weeks later and maintenance today and STILL no fix. What ZoS need to do is give an extra character slot to all those who submit a ticket because at 7/9 I believe you could create a character, but not at 7/8... so it's not like they'd gain anything extra - because they'd still only have 8/9 characters and not be able to create the 9th.

ZoS are very quiet on this - and it's a serious bug because if you purchase 1 extra slot from the store, with MONEY, you won't be able to use it.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The easy fix ZoS could throw out here is anyone that submits a ticket - give them an extra character slot free. They can't use that slot, but at least can use the ones they have paid for!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

At this time we aware of an issue where some players are unable to create new characters after the Morrowind update. The dev team is working diligently to have a fix released soon.

Many thanks for your patience and understanding.
    Staff Post