Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Treasure maps form the crown store adventure pack.

Casts-Magic-Missile
Casts-Magic-Missile
Soul Shriven
Got the items from the pack with no issue.

Seeing as I won't want to use the maps yet I left them in the containers.

I wanted to put the container in the account bank for later use, maybe by a different character on my account, but they cannot be placed in the bank - I noticed the word 'bound' on the item sheet.

I realize bound means bound to that character but I think there is a way to move the items to the account bank storage.

How do I do this ?
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't put those particular containers in the bank but you might be able to take the maps out and put those in the bank.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have never been able to deposit containers since a few months after release. Reason, people would gain the containers on one low level character, then deposit in the bank to open on a higher level character and get phat loot. Hireling Mails used to give containers. They stopped it and have not signs of going back to depositing any containers again.

Anyway, you can take the maps out deposit those. But you are taking up 3 bag spaces in the bank vs one bag space on your character. Bank spaces are expensive, character spaces are cheap. So, its a toss up what to do.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Casts-Magic-Missile
    Casts-Magic-Missile
    Soul Shriven
    That worked @tinythinker
    Thanks for the help.
    Checked the wiki before posting and found nothing.
    Kind of odd that the map containers cannot be added to the bank but the maps can - seeing as both are bound.
  • Casts-Magic-Missile
    Casts-Magic-Missile
    Soul Shriven
    Sorry for the double post but I don't see any 'edit post' button.

@Nestor that makes sense. thanks for your input.

Question answered.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for the double post but I don't see any 'edit post' button.

For the Original Post, including the Title, look for the Gear Icon near the Title of the thread at the upper left hand side of the page.

For other posts, look for the Gear Icon near the post number in the upper right hand corner of the post.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super new player? The maps take up a lot of space, you might want to create a secondary character to hold them until you want to hunt them.