The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should players be locked into a faction for the duration of a campaign?

• Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I used to agree, yes bring back lock I thought. But the more I thought about my history in Cyrodiil for 2+yrs. From DC originally, to EP to AD, In both 1st and 2nd Scourge PS4 EU. Plus my recent time in Haderus, until it gets deleted on June 6.

By me serving all 3 alliances, I honestly believe I was not meant to stay in 1 alliance. Why? Why can't I be loyal? Why am I always looked down by certain others? Why do certain others refuse to revive me, even though I thought I was trying to accomplish something wonderful for that certain alliance?

So let me say the very same thing I wrote in EP zone in Haderus PS4 EU, 4 days ago. " I just don't get it and don't understand. Sure I been there longest in certain campaign, more or less here. I so not used to play on winning side, all the time. It feels unnatural to me. In honestly I not like it. So used to help those who I feel need my help. For 2+YRS. Part of reason I not loyal to anyone. I know it wrong, But I want fun for all 3."

Yesterday I went back To AD., From 2 days of serving EP as guest. EP has been struggling Ever since I came to Haderus from 2nd deletion of Scourge. I have helped them for 3 weeks and 5 days. 3 weeks originally I served red. Considered a AD, so went back to AD, considered a red on AD, So I guess I'm considered orange. The other 5 days I volunteered to help EP. 2 days being recent.

But, I have helped EP get 2 Emps, on those 2 recent days when I was EP. It was marvelous, I felt really awesome and very happy to help. Why? Why does it felt awesome and very happy? I'll tell you why. It's mainly due to EP zone chat in Haderus PS4 EU. They where so happy, full of cheer, full of life, full of happiness. They where so very glad that they finally have EMP. Finally after long time of struggling against AD and DC zerg.

This is what I fight for. This is where I feel belong. This is why I'm not loyal to anyone, I was meant to help other alliances whom I considered hurting (more or less in Haderus) I feel so alive, Eventhough I may not have faction pride. It's my calling. I want to save Cyrodiil, I want others on all 3 alliances to have fun. Not 2 Alliances.

I know others say they don't care. But in honestly I feel kinda offended no offense because not everyone cares of what I want to do. But I do care, I feel like I'm the only one, who can make Cyrodiil right again. No to make Cyrodiil great and awesome again, Just like the very Cyrodiil of Old.

So tell me this, do I believe we should have the Alliance lock again? Even most say yes. I will have to respectfully say no. I believe it's better off to have no locks. Especially for the ones, who is like myself whom wants to aid hurting alliances. But same time, I believe others should visit there fiends to.

But as for me I believe I will continue to aid hurting Alliance. Maybe settle down in 1 alliance later on. Sometime in future But I will keep watching how EP is doing when I'm visiting AD. Good chance I'll aid them again before Haderus Deletion. But sorry it got to balance thing. I will start a new thread of my comment. But it's what I think about alliance lock for the duration of campaign like how it used to be.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    But as for me I believe I will continue to aid hurting Alliance.
    And for every one player who thinks like you do (which is great), there are maybe 20 who just like to roll over everything in their path and will therefore play for whichever side is dominating. It's "Easy Mode" and that's the whole problem IMHO.

The number of players who want to feel like they're winning will always far outnumber the heroes who will help an underdog.

PS4NA
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I guess that I am a rarity. I only play one faction. I don't even have characters in any other faction because all the PVE content can be done by anyone in any faction. Why bother with alts in another faction?

i don't believe you are a rarity at all...i appreciate and respect that for a lot of players they approach the game similarly to how they approach life - and, loyalty being a key component for many in their real lives...

"why bother with alts in other factions"? - prior to one tamriel, it used to be in order to experience the other factions story lines and maps you needed to have a character in each alliance...

now, when i create a new character (8 and counting) - i purposefully try to make sure they are in a faction different from their race assignment - why do that?:
    b70ac2047eb83dab005e8ed1a9abccf5.jpg
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Definitively no. Locking players into one faction would remove some ways of enjoying the game.

For example for me, playing several sides in the same campaign and so playing with AND against some of the same players (friends, guildies...) creates some of the most fun situations, and I certainly wouldn't want to miss out on this.

At the same time even if players are not locked into one faction nothing prevents those players who prefer to stick with one faction from doing so, and enjoying the game in their way.
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    ZOS would have to remove the Paywall to make any race for any faction. For a faction lock to be any where viable. Then on top of that because only one CP campaign. ZOS would have to lock the account as a whole to one faction. So people don't wind up being forced to play where they don't want to.

Now if you are all up for taking people freedoms of choice away from them. Then how about you pay for their game. Since you want to take their will away from them to replace with yours. You do not pay or play these peoples accounts or characters. So the decision to allow them to do what ever they choose. Seems to be the only right decision that ZOS can make at this point.

Play your game the way you want. And let others play their game the way they want. Cause in the end of the day they paid for it not you. :sunglasses: