Maintenance for the week of June 10:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 10

ESO: Morrowind Physical CE Unboxing - TODAY at 2:30pm EDT

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Hey everyone!

Join us this afternoon (6/2) at 2:30pm EDT for a live unboxing of the ESO: Morrowind Physical Collector's Edition! You can find the stream at facebook.com/elderscrollsonline (you don't need a Facebook account to watch).

See you all then!

DBU7yuAXYAEjv6_.jpg
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder if mine will arrive today...

EDIT: Not until *Tuesday*. Thanks, Amazon.
    Edited by tinythinker on June 2, 2017 5:19PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder if mine will arrive today...

EDIT: Not until *Tuesday*. Thanks, Amazon.

I already have plans to drive to the city to pick mine up on Tuesday. Eeeek!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Stump
    Stump
    ✭✭✭
    i thought Tuesday was the release day?
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stump wrote: »

It is... but it's a bit believable that the people who made the game get early goods ;)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, unless they pull a teddy bear and a strap-on out of that box, I don't think there are any surprises left...
    signing off
    Options
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gina it says I must log in to continue ):
    Options
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, this was a bust for me. I clicked on the link, it took me to the facebook page.... and... nothing. I have no idea where to go from there. There is no indication where the livestream is at all. *shrugs*

Ok.. here is an update for anyone lost like me.. Click on the videos tab on the side panel and the video will now pop up.

Currently, there are 2 viewers.. they are waiting for more people to join.... someone come join in! :)
    Edited by TerraDewBerry on June 2, 2017 6:42PM
    Options
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should have done this on twitch... and announced this maybe earlier so more people showed up maybe? Just a suggestion for a future time.. :)

They are still waiting for more people to show up... and are just chatting until you do... please come save me... and show up... or they will never open the darn box!!! HALP!!! :)
    Edited by TerraDewBerry on June 2, 2017 6:45PM
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gina it says I must log in to continue ):

i get the same message:
    uninstall-Facebook-Messenger-41.jpg

Options
  • LorenzoSober
    LorenzoSober
    ✭✭✭
    So when is this happening? Should have started about 25 minutes ago according to my clock!
    DC - Dunmer - Magicka Templar - Healer.
    EP - Bosmer - Stamina Warden - DPS
    Options
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So when is this happening? Should have started about 25 minutes ago according to my clock!

It's still happening. Click on the video tab and the livestream should pop up.
    Options
  • LorenzoSober
    LorenzoSober
    ✭✭✭

hmm last video for me is 30th of may :/
    DC - Dunmer - Magicka Templar - Healer.
    EP - Bosmer - Stamina Warden - DPS
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks to everyone that joined us today! This was our first time using Facebook Live, so now we know where everything is ;) If you missed it, you can re-watch the video here: https://www.facebook.com/ElderScrollsOnline/videos/1590173244326036/
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭

hmm last video for me is 30th of may :/

Hmm.. I'm not sure then. When I click on the link on the first post and go to the videos tab (on the left side), I'm now seeing a video of what was the live event. I was one of the 2 people they were talking about who were watching when it first began! I'm so famous now!!! B) (just kidding)
    Edited by TerraDewBerry on June 2, 2017 7:23PM
    Options
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to everyone that joined us today! This was our first time using Facebook Live, so now we know where everything is ;) If you missed it, you can re-watch the video here: https://www.facebook.com/ElderScrollsOnline/videos/1590173244326036/

That link brings you to a "have to login" page.

Well maybe someone can re-post it on youtube or something.
    Edited by Rouven on June 2, 2017 7:23PM
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Options
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish they had done this on twitch.. it seems more inclusive (you do not have to have an account to watch) and people are already accustomed to going there. Also, there seemed to be a lot of problems with the live feed freezing and the picture being blurry. (imho)
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently that box was Pandora's Box.

The EU servers are broke now, put it back in!!! :scream:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I'd argue that Facebook live is a good medium for non Twitch users.

The only odd thing is maybe mount your camera next time. It is Facebook live tho so maybe even do some more non important things on your Facebook page as you all are a bit game-humorous and social media love that.

Caveats
    -post that an active Facebook account is required
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seemed to be quite low-res and couldn't find it while it was live. I do have HD ticked so not sure what is happening. Things worked better on Twitch, but not sure if that is as mobile or you are reaching to different audience?
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
    Options
  • Dissentinel
    Dissentinel
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with other people that the video was quite low-res, I think I like Twitch better. Thanks for doing the unboxing anyway!
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a completely wasted opportunity to limit such an event to those with Facebook accounts.

A really poor decision.
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Stump wrote: »

It is... but it's a bit believable that the people who made the game get early goods ;)

Wait, release day is Tuesday?

Oh.

Sorry, Amazon. But, uh, I'll blame... Gina. Yeah. That works. She doesn't have a super stressful work situation right now. Hmm, or maybe Jessica...
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    I mean, unless they pull a teddy bear and a strap-on out of that box, I don't think there are any surprises left...

That's the exclusive unadvertised ERP edition... shhh!

Options
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the sneak peek of the art book. I had no idea the physical collector's edition came with a party mask though. Pretty cool.

morrowindbonusmask_by_slayersyrena-dbbbd96.jpg
    Edited by SlayerSyrena on June 2, 2017 8:29PM
    PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 1600+
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow

***Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order***
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
    Options
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once it's on YouTube (if it is, I don't know if Facebook has any draconian Thou Shalt Nots regarding taking content away from Facebook hosting) I hope someone will link it in this thread. It may just be my age speaking but I have been deeply suspicious of Facebook from day one and nothing I hear about it and its tentacles and stripping of privacy has reassured me. I will never make an account with it.
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donari wrote: »
    Once it's on YouTube (if it is, I don't know if Facebook has any draconian Thou Shalt Nots regarding taking content away from Facebook hosting) I hope someone will link it in this thread. It may just be my age speaking but I have been deeply suspicious of Facebook from day one and nothing I hear about it and its tentacles and stripping of privacy has reassured me. I will never make an account with it.

@Donari Just letting you know, if you click the link Gina posted a bit above, you can watch the video without making a Facebook account :)
    Options
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Donari Just letting you know, if you click the link Gina posted a bit above, you can watch the video without making a Facebook account :)

No sorry, you can only watch it if you have a facebook account.

Edit: At least I don't see an option, can you click it away ... ?

No seriously, it says you "must" log in.
    Edited by Rouven on June 2, 2017 9:17PM
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Options
  • Kelanthras
    Kelanthras
    ✭✭
    Very entertaining, thank you.

I regret not getting the physical copy, oh well.
    Options
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found the Facebook stream was far worse than Twitch, it kept buffering and several times lost connection, stating the video was paused. Twitch never had these issues.
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
    Options
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »

No sorry, you can only watch it if you have a facebook account.

Edit: At least I don't see an option, can you click it away ... ?

No seriously, it says you "must" log in.

Yes, this. Just got a "must log in" screen. It's not urgent, I ordered digital rather than physical because my house is borderline hoarderish as it is. Even cool things like the art book would just get piled on top of other cool things :) I'm just interested in seeing someone else open fun boxes, so I can get the vicarious thrill without the subsequent responsibility, lol.
    Options