The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Creation of a Lore Forum

Wolf_Manish
Hi guys, I'm fresh to the forum, but I joined to discuss one thing- Lore.
Now I'm not sure about the rest of you, but having to post lore questions in a section titled, "Fiction and Roleplaying" or go elsweyr on the internet to do so is sad. It's kind of funny that they create a game rich with lore- and distance themselves from it by not inviting discussion on it.
When I read 'fiction' as a part of the forum I immediately thought, "on the lore section. Finally."
That's not what they meant by fiction- they meant player created stories and such.
As people interested in Roleplaying in the game, I feel all of you really could understand the need for a lore section of the forum to be created- you Roleplay some out of the love of the lore.
So for the love of the lore, let's get the creation of the Lore discussion area.
Yes?
  • Wolf_Manish
    Also, shout out to ShedsHisTail in the ESO General discussion for this post:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/270315/where-is-the-conflict-lore-question#
    Edited by Wolf_Manish on May 27, 2017 2:58PM
  • Ruusa
    Ruusa
    ✭✭✭
    There already is an official lore forum here: http://forums.bethsoft.com/forum/16-elder-scrolls-lore/

Creating another one would cause massive overlap.
    PC EU
    Erweka - altmer magicka sorc DD
    Varona Uveth - dunmer DK tank

Redfur Trading & Redfur Exchange
  • Wolf_Manish
    Got it... thx, but I really think there should be a link to that on this forum, because I was in the dark on that
  • Ruusa
    Ruusa
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, that would be great. This forum and Bethesda's forum are even run by same people if I understand correctly so adding such link cant be that hard.
    PC EU
    Erweka - altmer magicka sorc DD
    Varona Uveth - dunmer DK tank

Redfur Trading & Redfur Exchange
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    How's this for lore a 2h weapon hits you 5 times in under a second and I'm dead. The End.
    Edited by Trashkan on May 27, 2017 3:31PM
  • Wolf_Manish
    Ummm... Ruusa, just registered and looked over this. It immeadiately informs you that the forum has moved, and you follow the links for TESO, and it brings you here.
    Does that seriously mean that there is no active lore forum right now
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IMO, 'everyone should go to a different forum to discuss the lore' isn't really a solution for this forum. :\

People come to this forum because they play this game, and having a section on this forum means that everyone who participates has some contact with the game lore for ESO and some common ground to work with. But not everyone who studies the Elder Scrolls lore has played ESO and not everyone who has played ESO has played the other games, which limits the amount of meaningful discussion that can be had by a newer player.

It would be discouraging, for example, for a newbie to post about, say, all the water of Nirn being the memories of dead mortals, and not get a response back. That particular information exists in Bangkorai in ESO but I've not seen so much as a hint of it in Skyrim or Oblivion or Morrowind, so people who have only played those games might not have anything to say on the topic, whereas other ESO players are more likely to have some knowledge of it.

Now, a more seasoned veteran of the ES series may run into the same problem, but they're also less likely to be discouraged by lack of results on a given topic.
    or go elsweyr on the internet

I see what you did there! ;)
    Trashkan wrote: »
    How's this for lore a 2h weapon hits you 5 times in under a second and I'm dead. The End.

You got killed because someone ELSE got hit? I call Dragon Break!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Wolf_Manish
    @WhiteCoatSyndrome
    Thank you for noticing my little pun.. ;)
    I really don't think going away from this forum is a solution either, which is why I would want one established. In my opinion, using 'fiction and role playing' as the place to go for lore help is just using a crutch.
    I hear you with everyone being on different pages (some ES people not playing ESO, causing lore confusion) but don't you think establishing a Lore form would help to counter that? A lot of effort was put into creating this game, and especially the lore that went with it. If I was someone who put effort into creating it I personally would be insulted that there wasn't enough people talking about it (unless I had something to hide :# ). There is a lot out there, and I am interested in seeing what people think and feel of it. If I can't find that type of environment here- on the official community forum- I would then be requesting people to give me a link to someplace else to discuss it.

Frankly, I'm amazed this topic hasn't been resolved yet (how long has the game been out..?) I was hoping to post it here, get enough attention and feed back to actually move it to general discussIon.
    Edited by Wolf_Manish on May 27, 2017 8:38PM
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, shout out to ShedsHisTail in the ESO General discussion for this post:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/270315/where-is-the-conflict-lore-question#

You have my axe...

Well knives... I don't actually own an axe. A plethora of knives though.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agreed OP. There is a section on this forum about quests and story and whatnot, but it would be nice to see a section designated to the ES lore overall.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Wolf_Manish
    Ello again fellows. Decided to take this discussion to ESO General in the form of a poll:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/348007/does-this-forum-need-a-section-dedicated-to-lore