The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Any khajiit vampires out there?

• Skelfish
    Skelfish
    ✭✭✭
    What's terrible is there is an NPC Khajiit in the Daggerfall Covenant who is a vampire, and the only change you can see on her are red/yellow eyes. Her fur isn't pale at all and there's no other visible indication that she's a vampire.
  • Xithian
    Xithian
    ✭✭✭
    Skelfish wrote: »
    What's terrible is there is an NPC Khajiit in the Daggerfall Covenant who is a vampire, and the only change you can see on her are red/yellow eyes. Her fur isn't pale at all and there's no other visible indication that she's a vampire.

It would be wonderful if it worked that way for player characters. While I understand the want to show the changes, the washing out of the entire character skin is just bad. I make my khajiit solid white when I made my character, so I wasn't very aware of this until I saw this thread. (There's not an abundance of us khajiit in the Pact)

I don't know if it's because of limitations with how they did the skins or what, but it just does not look good, especially in the gray stages for the darker furred khajiit. Kudos on not giving us a horrible skinless snarl with teeth hanging out though.
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Oh well I have a Dunmer I'm grooming to vamp. No way my witch or cat will ever go that way. The Dunmer:

http://carnagepro.com/eso/Characters/Pengun Talisker Dunmer Sorcerer.jpg

Edited by poodlemasterb16_ESO on May 14, 2014 10:03PM
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampires Khajiits look cool, Vampire Argonian........not so.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ended up going vampire to play with it and i took screen shots.
    Here for reference is what i looked like before the vamp bite.
    cat18_zps03bd5418.jpg

Here is the first stage.
    Vamp_zpsa2c94620.jpg

Second
    Vamp3_zps651852db.jpg

Third
    Vamp4_zps4822833e.jpg

Fourth
    vamp5_zpse3f36ab4.jpg

They dont look as bad as i thought they might. I was worried about a more undead look with fur missing and stuff. So i don't mind staying a vampire. I will however, miss my nice panther look, but of well.
    yup..basicly what happened to my khajiit lol, she went from black fur to white, though it grew on me in time.

IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Technically, it would be more likely that just the pads, nose leather, gums and inside the ears that would look pale, as that's the only skin showing on a cat. The paleness is supposed to be because the vampire is bloodless to a greater or lesser degree.

Just as anemia doesn't change a person's hair colour.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • KylerF
    KylerF
    I notices the cheeks when in a little.
    Khilorn Freewander
    Male Khajiit, Dragonknight
    Mostly PvE(er)
    Self proclaimed "Lore Junkie"
  • uzbachchi
    uzbachchi
    ✭✭✭
    Resurrecting a four-years-dead thread on vampires. Unsure if irony was intentional.
    Edited by uzbachchi on May 27, 2017 9:43PM
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The bad thing about being a Khajiit vampire is your fur turns that ashy gray... all except for your beard (possibly sideburns and such as well). It looks a little strange when some of your fur decides to go death-gray but some doesn't.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Shufeltco11
    Vampires are essentially dead, which makes the white fur make a little more sense.