The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What did change in terms of best in slot gear?

AuT6GHad
AuT6GHad
Is Burning Spellweave still best in slot?
Is Scathing Mage still best in slot for NB?
Can you throw Black Rose into the trashcan?
Can you still use Bone Pirate in PVP?
What changed for Tanks?
etc.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1) BSW is BiS for DK still, not so much for other classes
    2) Yes
    3) No, if anything it's been made even better after all the sustain nerfs because it still makes constitution a better form of sustain than medium or light armor passives.
    4) Bone Pirate hasn't changed much in PvP. It procs and you throw on a shield instead of having it proc while having a shield but that's really it.
    5) Block cost has effectively doubled due to changes to blocking times, maling tanking trickier. Good tanks will adapt, bad ones will drop like flies.

Think I missed some things but got th bulk of it
    Argonian forever
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2) Yes
    3) No, if anything it's been made even better after all the sustain nerfs because it still makes constitution a better form of sustain than medium or light armor passives.
    4) Bone Pirate hasn't changed much in PvP. It procs and you throw on a shield instead of having it proc while having a shield but that's really it.
    5) Block cost has effectively doubled due to changes to blocking times, maling tanking trickier. Good tanks will adapt, bad ones will drop like flies.

Bone pirate is not pirate skeleton.

Bone pirate is very good yeah, and pirate skeleton is more balanced for damage shield users.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    2) Yes

Bone pirate is not pirate skeleton.

Bone pirate is very good yeah, and pirate skeleton is more balanced for damage shield users.

My mistake, got them confused.
    Argonian forever
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come back in a week. Ask again how to be godmode without effort.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I quote myself from another thread:

"BR adds 35% constitution. On live 5pc heavy base constitution is 930 per 4 sec. With 5pc heavy + BR it's 1255 /4s. Means BR equals to an extra 162 stamina regen (every 2s). More than a full set-piece regen bonus. + 150 dmg and all stats. Sounds nice.

On PTS however constitution gets gutted by 42%, leaving a base constitution of 540 /4s. +35% via BR = 729/4s. Remains with an extra 94 stamina every 2 seconds.

Question is if 94 extra stam regen are worth the low 150 wpn dmg."

Might be better off to take a full damage set and just change out a jewlery glyph. Burst might become even more important since it get's harder to sustain longer fights. Kinda ruins my DoT build :(
    It just seems better in comparison bc LA/MA sustain passives got reduced.
    BUT if I am not mistaken Constitution is not affected by the new regen-syphoning cps, or is it?
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on May 22, 2017 8:16AM
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    First of all, you want to run 7 light now when you're not using a heavy attack build because you lose another 4% cost reduction and 8% recovery with 5/1/1. That will lead you to 16.2k health. You need at least 17k health to survive. Yes you have ebon in raids, but it will not save you from one-shots while wearing 7 light.

DK: Sun, with 7 light armor you want Sun. BSW is not better than sun. Then 2 light grothdarr and 3 MD/IA/Master Architect + double vMA staffs with drain magicka poison on the front bar one.

NB ranged: 5 Scathing, 2 Illambris(with force pulse)/Skoria, 3 IA/Willpower and also double sharpened vMA staffs.
    Or melee with 5 Master Architect and soul harvest and funnel health, 3 WP, double vMA staffs and 2 Grothdarr.

Sorc: Depends on today's nerfs. If necro and pet still worth it then that, otherwise scathing mage.

Templar: 2 Grothdarr/Skoria, 5 Julianos and 5 Moondancer with 2 Swords and vMA inferno back bar.

A very good setup for all classes is 2 Grothdarr/Illambris, 5 Moondancer, 3 Willpower and double vMA staffs with a drain magicka poison on one of them. You can sustain very well with MD, but you need to keep popping synergies with it.
    Edited by Masel on May 22, 2017 9:06AM
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question is if 94 extra stam regen are worth the low 150 wpn dmg."

Might be better off to take a full damage set and just change out a jewlery glyph.
    [...]
    BUT if I am not mistaken Constitution is not affected by the new regen-syphoning cps, or is it?

Constitution isn't affected by the syphoning cp, and it work when holding block. It still had some great advantages comparing to raw regen.
    On the other side, each regen boost is buffed by cp and regen increase passive, so it's really depend on your build.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast has some early builds up with gear/skills. https://alcasthq.com/

Also his testing videos show a lot of information about change in numbers and what's needed for sustain.
    Others probably have material as well I just only really saw Alcast's stuff.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • H3rBie
    H3rBie
    ✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    Sorc: Depends on today's nerfs. If necro and pet still worth it then that, otherwise scathing mage.

what you guys think.. ? how will TBS or Julianos perform for sorc?
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the new meta will revolve around Buckets and Brooms. ;)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.