Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Luxury Furniture Vendor - 2017/05/19

• Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tavore1138 wrote: »
    CarbonX wrote: »
    I'm trying to understand how a patch that adds pants to an NPC breaks a furnishing vendor.

It wasn't related. The Luxury Goods Vendor is on a timer, and each week the inventory swaps out with something new. Something with this week's timer/item swap process didn't work correctly.

Jessica, do you believe that an iron maiden, any torture machine, a fish rack, an anchor, etc. are "Luxury Goods"?

They meet several of the dictionary definitions of the word - something doesn't have to be encrusted in jewels to be a luxury item...

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with you. A torture machine and a fishing rack meet none of the dictionary definitions.

From the OED - who are a pretty good standard on what English words mean (https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/luxury) :
    An inessential, desirable item which is expensive or difficult to obtain.

Desirable is in the eye of the individual but these items are not essential and are not cheap or easy to obtain... personally I found several of the items since it launched desirable and have them in my main house.
    A pleasure obtained only rarely

Once a week (or less given this week's events).

So it's not me you are disagreeing with it is the people who define what English words mean - if you wish to redefine the language take it up with them :)

I read those definitions and I take them diferently than you do. If you call a fishing rack or a torture machine a "pleasure", it's OK, I don't.

Also, if you desire a fishing rack or a torture machine, it's OK too, I don't.

Finally, it's says an "Inessential" item. I suppose that a torture item is essential for a torturer. Therefore, if it's essential, it's then not luxury anymore?

Call them as you like, show me the amount of definitions you like, from earth, moon or another planet, but we all know what "Luxury" is. However, if you are trying to find a way for a definition to mean what you want, then anything can be anything as I will always find a way to tell you that something is this or that based on a definition.

"Luxury" is not a torture machine, an anchor or the 90% of the stuff that this vendor has brought so far.

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nikigwil wrote: »
    He is labeled prestige furnisher

On the tip screen during loading he's called Luxury vendor ;-)
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    I'm trying to understand how a patch that adds pants to an NPC breaks a furnishing vendor.

It wasn't related. The Luxury Goods Vendor is on a timer, and each week the inventory swaps out with something new. Something with this week's timer/item swap process didn't work correctly.

Jessica, do you believe that an iron maiden, any torture machine, a fish rack, an anchor, etc. are "Luxury Goods"?

They meet several of the dictionary definitions of the word - something doesn't have to be encrusted in jewels to be a luxury item...

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with you. A torture machine and a fishing rack meet none of the dictionary definitions.

It's as if you never fell asleep on the sofa watching TV and woke up in the middle of some teleshopping commercial - anything can be described as "luxury" if someone uses the word "luxury".

"... introducing a new luxury way to develop your pecs, abs, and glutes..."
    "...this blender will introduce you to a whole new world of luxury health juices and smoothies..."
    "...relax on the luxury of this 99% polyester bedding, we can't promise you won't break out in hives, but if you do, they will be luxury hives..."

Ok maybe the last one was pushing it a bit :D

Well, with your judgement then anything can be used as anything. I can call myself a glorious player, but that doesn't mean I'm really one.

Oh gosh, that sounded really hostile :( I didn't mean any of my posts in that way :( I was parodying teleshopping channels - Let's not forget that we are discussing furniture items, I never started any personal attacks :( I don't think anything I said warranted that hostility from you :( All I was doing was having a bit of a riff on teleshopping, you seem to have taken it personally and I don't know why, I'm actually really upset now. :(
    Edited by Epona222 on May 20, 2017 4:59PM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of the weekend concept, have them sell it for two weeks, every week half the offers are replaced (edit: rotated) with new ones.
    Edited by Rouven on May 20, 2017 4:53PM
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think my worst crime is that I think I'm quite funny. I'm sorry if you don't find me so, but I certainly didn't mean anything towards you at all, I was trying to take the *** out of those long teleshopping ads that go on all night (my husband is working nights atm and I'm retired so I try to fit my schedule around his, but there's nothing on most of the night except extended ads for exercise equipment and blenders) and I'm really horrified that you might have taken my post as some sort of jab at you, because it wasn't meant that way AT ALL. :(

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, with your judgement then anything can be used as anything. I can call myself a glorious player, but that doesn't mean I'm really one. 

Oh gosh, that sounded really hostile :( I didn't mean any of my posts in that way :( I was parodying teleshopping channels - Let's not forget that we are discussing furniture items, I never started any personal attacks :( I don't think anything I said warranted that hostility from you :( All I was doing was having a bit of a riff on teleshopping, you seem to have taken it personally and I don't know why, I'm actually really upset now. :(

Sorry, but what part of "Well, with your judgement then anything can be used as anything. I can call myself a glorious player, but that doesn't mean I'm really one" sounded hostile? :o:o:o

I pointed to your point of view of the phrases below.

"...this blender will introduce you to a whole new world of luxury health juices and smoothies..."
    "...relax on the luxury of this 99% polyester bedding, we can't promise you won't break out in hives, but if you do, they will be luxury hives...".

No intention of offense at all. :)

• Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Sorry, but what part of "Well, with your judgement then anything can be used as anything. I can call myself a glorious player, but that doesn't mean I'm really one" sounded hostile? :o:o:o

"...relax on the luxury of this 99% polyester bedding, we can't promise you won't break out in hives, but if you do, they will be luxury hives...".

The "well, with your judgement..." part of the sentence sounded quite hostile - as though you were accusing me of judging or being judgemental, which wasn't my intention. It was that phrase and that alone that made me think I had come across badly and maybe been misinterpreted. If that wasn't the case then I apologise, a simple misunderstanding - and I am sorry for misunderstanding.

• Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of the weekend concept, have them sell it for two weeks, every week half the offers are replaced (edit: rotated) with new ones.

Not a fan of the weekend only thing either. A simple week long vendor selection makes more sense. You could still have the vendors item selection change on Fridays but make it available through the week. Would say the same for the Cyrodiil vendor.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The "well, with your judgement..." part of the sentence sounded quite hostile - as though you were accusing me of judging or being judgemental, which wasn't my intention. It was that phrase and that alone that made me think I had come across badly and maybe been misinterpreted. If that wasn't the case then I apologise, a simple misunderstanding - and I am sorry for misunderstanding.

Please don't be sorry at all. Simple misunderstanding. Have a great day! :)
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

From the OED - who are a pretty good standard on what English words mean (https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/luxury) :

Desirable is in the eye of the individual but these items are not essential and are not cheap or easy to obtain... personally I found several of the items since it launched desirable and have them in my main house.

So it's not me you are disagreeing with it is the people who define what English words mean - if you wish to redefine the language take it up with them :)

I read those definitions and I take them diferently than you do. If you call a fishing rack or a torture machine a "pleasure", it's OK, I don't.

Finally, it's says an "Inessential" item. I suppose that a torture item is essential for a torturer. Therefore, if it's essential, it's then not luxury anymore?

Call them as you like, show me the amount of definitions you like, from earth, moon or another planet, but we all know what "Luxury" is. However, if you are trying to find a way for a definition to mean what you want, then anything can be anything as I will always find a way to tell you that something is this or that based on a definition.

"Luxury" is not a torture machine, an anchor or the 90% of the stuff that this vendor has brought so far.

Well the fishing rack not so much but glowy flowers for the garden, the divines stuff and torture equipment for the dungeon was desirable to me to create the houses I wanted to create. Do i like every single item? No.

Torture devices would be essential if I were an actual torturer but, so far, I don't take my RP that seriously :)
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They could be if you're a member of the Adams Family.
    Edited by lonewolf26 on May 20, 2017 7:59PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In hindsight, I was poor after buying purple recipes, so maybe this was for best?
  • Goobertron
    Hi everyone,

After further investigation we've identified the issue. Unfortunately it isn't something we can fix right away. The Luxury Goods Vendor won't have items this weekend, but you won't miss out on items the vendor would have had in the long-term. We'll update everyone on timing for the fix next week.

Thanks for the update. Appreciate all the work you guys do and now patient you are with some of the comments / responses from the community.
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Audens wrote: »
    Oh, by the way.

125518133","0","11","12151331","Prestige-13A1-Wedding"
    "125518133","0","12","12151353","Prestige-13A2-Wedding"
    "125518133","0","13","12151375","Prestige-13B1-Hew's Bane"
    "125518133","0","14","12151400","Prestige-13B2-Hew's Bane"
    "125518133","0","15","12151425","Prestige-13C1-Ocean"
    "125518133","0","16","12151445","Prestige-13C2-Ocean"
    "125518133","0","17","12151465","Prestige-13D1-Ocean" (This and the next were plants, apparently mislabeled.)
    "125518133","0","18","12151485","Prestige-13D2-Ocean"
    "125518133","0","19","12151505","Prestige-13E1-AedraSigils" (Included Craglorn items, though there are quite a bit more)
    "125518133","0","20","12151531","Prestige-13E2-AedraSigils"
    "125518133","0","21","12151557","Prestige-13F1-Torture"
    "125518133","0","22","12151579","Prestige-13F2-Torture"
    "125518133","0","23","12151601","Prestige-13G1-Craglorn"
    "125518133","0","24","12151624","Prestige-13G2-Craglorn"

"125518133","0","25","12151647","Prestige-13H1-Statuary"
    "125518133","0","26","12151670","Prestige-13H2-Statuary"
    "125518133","0","27","12151693","Prestige-13I1-DBH"
    "125518133","0","28","12151711","Prestige-13I2-DBH"
    "125518133","0","29","12151729","Prestige-Reserve-Magic1"
    "125518133","0","30","12151753","Prestige-Reserve-Magic2"

I'm SURE I heard from an official source that there would be Morrowind related items at launch, which might be why there were Craglorn items in the Aedra section, so they can use the next 2 weeks for the new stuff! ^_^
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well, when you put it that way, from your character's perspective, no, not everthing would be a luxury. From the player's perspective, looking for RP home decorations, these furnishings are luxuries.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not even the npc wants morrowond. They going on strike
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • MrsMakeumRage
    This is seriously so horrible! I always look so forward to the weekend vendors! Will we have it at all this weekend?
  • MrsMakeumRage
    Another thing in the game broken? Imagine that
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, while you check what to do, can you please rename "Luxury" to something else? You know that what he brings is not luxury. Death machines are not luxury, so name is confusing.

My Nightblade wishes me to tell you that if you don't think so, you haven't been visiting the right brothels.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »
    tawaen wrote: »
    aliyavana wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

After further investigation we've identified the issue. Unfortunately it isn't something we can fix right away. The Luxury Goods Vendor won't have items this weekend, but you won't miss out on items the vendor would have had in the long-term. We'll update everyone on timing for the fix next week.

Will next week include both next week's and this weeks? And if so how about a 50 percent discount on this weeks as if all 2 weeks worth of items came at once my gold would go rip

Yes, please. Posting 2 weeks worth of 100k items would mean a LOT less people able to buy.

why?
    if you have 100k to spend now, and you will earn 100k for next week, then you have enough money to buy for both weeks.
    i dont see any way, you would have less gold next week and couldnt buy both

LOL, someone who has never tried to deal with monthly outgoings while earning weekly income for any length of time. :D

If they double it up next week, people will be more choosy about what they buy, because the outlay is for a larger amount at one time.

and because i blew my "buy fun lighting" budget on ilambris helms this weekend.

:D

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *Phew*

I can actually save some gold now! Lucky break!

#GoodBug :D
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any ETA on Fix?
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any ETA on Fix?

I'm going to guess Friday, at the regularly scheduled time :D
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BoGo at the furniture vendor next week? (buy one, get one free)

Imperious-Dark-Elf.png

"Allow me to mediate. Throw a luxury bone to these plebs, so the moaning doesn't distract potential customers. Do you want to go back to selling nickel and bone for 250 gold with the occasional repair job? Then make the prudent choice for your business. For Vivec's sake, it's not like I'm asking you to give a raise to your wage workers!"
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

We have an update about the Luxury Furnisher’s missing inventory. We’ve identified the issue and have a fix, however Zanil Theran will also not have items for sale this upcoming weekend (May 26 to 28.) The next time he’ll have items for sale will be the weekend of June 2 to 4.

To summarize the issue, we identified an error with the way the Luxury Furnisher was set up that resulted in two weeks’ worth of items going up at the same time. This resulted in the vendor having no items for sale last weekend (and will also be the case this weekend.)

This is how the items should have rolled out:

April 21 to 23
    • Sigil Stand
    • Sigil, Akatosh
    • Sigil, Arkay
    • Sigil, Dibella
    • Sigil, Julianos

April 28 to 30
    • Sigil Stand
    • Sigil, Kynareth
    • Sigil, Mara
    • Sigil, Stendarr
    • Sigil, Zenithar

(The weekends between these were fine.)

May 19 to 21
    • Craglorn Chair, Serpent
    • Craglorn Coffer, Ornate
    • Craglorn Urn, Standing

May 26 to 28
    • Craglorn Brazier, Ornate
    • Craglorn Skull, Carved
    • Craglorn Sword Sconce

Instead of the schedule above, the April 21 to 23 and May 19 to 21 inventories were combined on April 21 to 23, and the April 28 to 30 and May 26 to 28 inventories were combined on April 28 to 30. So the items still went up for sale, just not when we intended them to.

As mentioned above, this issue will be fixed for the weekend of June 2 to 4 and we’ve put measures in place to ensure this does not happen in the future. We are also planning to re-release the Craglorn items sometime in September so everyone has one more chance to get them.

Thanks everyone, and please let us know if you have any questions about this!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To summarize the issue, we identified an error with the way the Luxury Furnisher was set up that resulted in two weeks’ worth of items going up at the same time. This resulted in the vendor having no items for sale last weekend (and will also be the case this weekend.)
    Ah ok, I was wondering why Craglorn items were for sale at the same time as the Aedra sigils. Made no sense :D Thanks for clarifying!

Edited by Saoirse_Siobhan on May 24, 2017 2:06PM
    PC/EU DC
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love when we get this kind of detail on a bug. Even if it doesn't get us our fix any faster, it still feels better than a simple, "Will be fixed in an upcoming patch."
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, by the way.

What will the statutary items be?

Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • Audens
    Audens
    ✭✭✭
    Icy wrote: »
    Oh, by the way.

125518133","0","11","12151331","Prestige-13A1-Wedding"
    "125518133","0","12","12151353","Prestige-13A2-Wedding"
    "125518133","0","13","12151375","Prestige-13B1-Hew's Bane"
    "125518133","0","14","12151400","Prestige-13B2-Hew's Bane"
    "125518133","0","15","12151425","Prestige-13C1-Ocean"
    "125518133","0","16","12151445","Prestige-13C2-Ocean"
    "125518133","0","17","12151465","Prestige-13D1-Ocean" (This and the next were plants, apparently mislabeled.)
    "125518133","0","18","12151485","Prestige-13D2-Ocean"
    "125518133","0","19","12151505","Prestige-13E1-AedraSigils" (Included Craglorn items, though there are quite a bit more)
    "125518133","0","20","12151531","Prestige-13E2-AedraSigils"
    "125518133","0","21","12151557","Prestige-13F1-Torture"
    "125518133","0","22","12151579","Prestige-13F2-Torture"
    "125518133","0","23","12151601","Prestige-13G1-Craglorn"
    "125518133","0","24","12151624","Prestige-13G2-Craglorn"

"125518133","0","27","12151693","Prestige-13I1-DBH"
    "125518133","0","28","12151711","Prestige-13I2-DBH"
    "125518133","0","29","12151729","Prestige-Reserve-Magic1"
    "125518133","0","30","12151753","Prestige-Reserve-Magic2"

I'm SURE I heard from an official source that there would be Morrowind related items at launch, which might be why there were Craglorn items in the Aedra section, so they can use the next 2 weeks for the new stuff! ^_^

Just to clarify, I posted the list before the NDA was lifted, there are more entries after the list I posted scheduling special inventories for Morrowind. So yeah, it's true that there will be Morrowind items but I can't tell you exactly what weekends they'll be rolling out.
    unban my first account thanks
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh noes, nothing this coming weekend either? *cries*
    I do really look forward to his offerings, this is a disappointment.

Thank you though for posting an update, I can let my guildmates know what is going on (or not going on as the case may be) so the info is very much appreciated :)