Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Why not offer faction change on crown store?

Pdl123
Pdl123
Soul Shriven
I think tou guys should offer alliance change on thw crown store since the one tamriel update since it really doesnt matter where you quest anymore it is something myself and wife would pay for

Best Answer

• Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LOL
    Faction Change ... make it happen. Do it
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Eweroun
    Eweroun
    ✭✭✭✭
    traitor

:trollface:
    |Lunar Lattice - Guildmaster / Fullmoon group raidlead|
    |Potato Knights - former core member|
    |former dd-"The Phoenix Reborn", former raidlead "Omnia Vincit /Playdead"|

clears: vCrag HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM (+2) - vCR+3 - vSS HM
    Options
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it should be allowed.

Or better yet, make alliance changes only obtainable through some sort of in game quest or a system similar to re allocating skill points.

Instead of merely another cash grab. You're doing fine in that department.
    Options
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am strongly against this.
    Options
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glory hunters switching to wining side , if you want to switch just level up a new toon
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a reason that you've made two of these threads?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • Elvenpath
    Elvenpath
    ✭✭✭
    Pdl123 wrote: »
    I think tou guys should offer alliance change on thw crown store since the one tamriel update since it really doesnt matter where you quest anymore it is something myself and wife would pay for

let me guess, you are on Aldmeri Dominion?
    Options
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The swapping in pvp will be real.
    Options
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would like to see sever change before faction change
    Options
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see either a one time change per character, or the ability to choose which side your character is fighting for any time you change campaigns.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
    Options
  • sdtlc
    sdtlc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make it expensive, not like these cheap motifs lately, and make the faction account wide.
    Die Qualität verhält sich nicht zwingend proportional zur Masse...

Meisterangler vor dem perfekten Rogen...
    +Kaiserstadt, Wrothgar, Hew's Fluch, Goldküste, Vvardenfell, Stadt der Uhrwerke, Sommersend, Artaeum, Trübmoor, Elsweyr (nördliches & südliches), Graumoor, Reik, Dunkelforst

[PC][DC]Zunft der Helden[PvX]
    Feierabendgilde mit Ambitionen
    Options
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bandwagoners.jpg
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
    Options
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love when people post things like this. ZOS can't even program text to be capitalized and you expect them to to be able to program your character to change its entire life? Yeah, that'll work well.
    Options
  • Sophieous
    Sophieous
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see why it shouldn't happen, every other mmo does it, why not ESO. Just make it expensive so they dont swap every other campaign in cyro.
    EU | PC

Sophious - AD Templar (The one and only true Queen)
    Not Sophious - AD Warden
    Mayorz DK Slave - DC Templar
    May is my bae - DC Magblade
    Galabriem - DC Sorc
    Queen Sophie - DC Stamblade
    "I'm still pretty self-centered, greedy and angry" D.L.

Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    plz no
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
    Options
  • Rygonix
    Rygonix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sophieous wrote: »
    Just make it expensive so they dont swap every other campaign in cyro.
    30k Crowns per character sounds reasonable, don't you think? And a 12-month cooldown once you switch so you are stuck with your decision.

Also, customization options sold separately.

Wanna defect? Gotta cash out for it.
    Ceres Des Mortem-Dark Elf Templar, EP
    PC-NA
    Options
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well in another mmo you could go to a faction npc to switch to another faction, after one year pvp openworld is nearly gone from the game, everyone had switched to the wining faction

and only 1vs1, 3vs3 and battlegrounds is left to do pvp in.

With that in mind, im totally against faction change, if you want to be in another faction level up a new char :D
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find the arguments against amusing.

Most didn't make their first character with die-hard allegiance in mind for a particular faction. It wasn't even particularly obvious when making the first character, and by the time you set foot out of waling prison, it was too late.

In fact, now there is no purpose in choosing a faction at startup except to determine where your storyline starts.

Why not let characters choose faction loyalty by their actions, not some arbitrary icon on the character select screen.

Obligated allegiance based on place of birth is absurd. Locking a character out of part of the game or expecting them to get deleted is equally absurd. For those that do PVE, do you refuse to PVE with anyone outside or your faction?

You can change campaigns, this is hardly much different.

12 month cooldown is fine and you should be locked out of any current campaign (for the "constant swappers" argument).

Price should be less than a race or appearance change.

EDIT: For those arguing loyalty: Consider that the character is not choosing to be disloyal to their current alliance, but rather wanting to be loyal to the alliance they are changing to... By denying this, you're shooting yourself in the foot.
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on May 15, 2017 12:01PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I find the arguments against amusing.

Most didn't make their first character with die-hard allegiance in mind for a particular faction. It wasn't even particularly obvious when making the first character, and by the time you set foot out of waling prison, it was too late.

In fact, now there is no purpose in choosing a faction at startup except to determine where your storyline starts.

Why not let characters choose faction loyalty by their actions, not some arbitrary icon on the character select screen.

Obligated allegiance based on place of birth is absurd. Locking a character out of part of the game or expecting them to get deleted is equally absurd. For those that do PVE, do you refuse to PVE with anyone outside or your faction?

You can change campaigns, this is hardly much different.

12 month cooldown is fine and you should be locked out of any current campaign (for the "constant swappers" argument).

Price should be less than a race or appearance change.

EDIT: For those arguing loyalty: Consider that the character is not choosing to be disloyal to their current alliance, but rather wanting to be loyal to the alliance they are changing to... By denying this, you're shooting yourself in the foot.

Some of this, I agree with. A character's loyalty should be dependent on their actions, not an arbitrary flag set at character creation. A character should cultivate reputation within a particular land-mass by undertaking questions that work towards the good of that alliance...

...however, the flip-side of that is that any action that character takes against another alliance is remembered too. You want to shut down the Covenant at the docks in Bal Foyen? Well done, the Pact loves you... but the Covenant is going to be more likely to be gunning for you in future... and vice versa.

You want to ingratiate yourself to a new faction? Undertake quests there while under scrutiny (at the very least) or open attack (more probably) from elements within that faction. Trust will take time to cultivate, and since most quest are non-repeatable it will be hard to return to an old faction once the character has betrayed their old one.

A character wanting to change faction is being disloyal to their old faction, even if they are choosing to be loyal to a new one. I would be more than happy to see a more nuanced system here... if it had consequences as well as advantages.
    Options
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ummm technically one server..where would you like to go..unless you mean PC to console and vice versa.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pdl123 wrote: »

It is about PvP, not PvE. Alliance change move the balance further askew. Have seen that in another game.
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why? everybody on PS4 already jumped to AD or DC alts.
    Unless you are the few remaining EP. lol
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    faction change probably wont happen because their answer to that was One Tamriel.

They might offer in the future as a pure crown store cash grab but thats going to take time away from development.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

Options
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only if the come up with a fourth factionless group of marauders just out for chaos and mayhem.
    Options
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ummm technically one server..where would you like to go..unless you mean PC to console and vice versa.

I mean from Eu to Na so it's technically not one server
    Options
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allow a 1 time change per character. A costly change too. Like the race change tokens.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
    Options
  • MarriedWithChildren
    Can we just hi jack this into a class change ? I want my main to be a sorc for achievement purposes will pay cash
    I don't give free items because it's a just game. Play the game.
    I give free items because it's just a game. Play the game.
    I understand both. I am the contradiction.
    Options
  • Floki_Vilgerdarson
    Floki_Vilgerdarson
    ✭✭✭✭
    O_LYKOS wrote: »
    Allow a 1 time change per character. A costly change too. Like the race change tokens.

This person is smart. Do this.

Floki
    Options
  • Jollygoodusername
    Jollygoodusername
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes, please suggest MORE ways to enter our wallets. brb getting my wallet lubed
    Options