Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO housing poll

Megabear
Megabear
✭✭✭✭✭
I've played both FF 14 and ESO before going with ESO and I don't regret it. However FF 14 does one thing that appeals to me a great deal, housing. Below are what they offer:

1. Allows the player to setup a garden and cultivate various plants.
2. Allows the player to place aquariums that display fish caught from various places.
3. Allows the player to place Jukebox in houses, rooms and inns to play various songs from the game
4. Housing can be purchased by the guild or player. Guild housing allows private chambers for purchase by members. Persona housing allows you to share your estate up to 3 friends through the tenant system.

So my question to you is do you think ESO housing needs improvements? If so do you have any suggestions?
Edited by Megabear on May 12, 2017 11:06PM
Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
Server - PC/NA
Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton

ESO housing poll 355 votes

Yes, ESO housing needs improvements
92%
laurajfmdclanin_ESOwolfdoggie_ESOSolarikenGilvothvailjohn_ESOkevlarto_ESOfaerigirlSakiriYolokin_SwagonbornMojmirtohopka_esoBelegnoleotis67CapnPhotonFoehammer_76jluchauBrocknarRainwhisperCpt_Teemo 327 votes
No, ESO housing does not need improvements.
2%
CoggageAhPook_Is_HereGargathVipstaakkithisisScoManBRCOURTNBombashamanRealHeadhonchoe 8 votes
Mixed opinion or Other
5%
Elara_NorthwindidkShimmerTroneonCaffeinatedMayhemknightblasterTaleof2CitiesHvzedaStovahkiinCillion3117BrowisethMarkusTheValiantMyythBananaProfesseurFrederTommy_The_Gunboggophileunderx2MalicTonyRockaroni 20 votes
  • Euant
    Euant
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why anyone would not want more (homestead improvements in this case) out of anything for free.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Housing needs.
    • Increased Item limit: across the board or the ability to upgrade your house to a higher item limit tier.
    • Remove Invisible walls: Documented here, These terrible walls really destroy creativity.
    • More unique structural items such as walls, stairs, ladders etc
    • More utility, functionality, and things that move or give life to your house (planters, critters, etc)
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Euant wrote: »
    I don't know why anyone would not want more (homestead improvements in this case) out of anything for free.

Which is why we won't get them :(

I'd like somewhere I could display my "trophies" - like that bag of questionable meat I still have.

I was even foolish enough to hope that the "treasures" I steal could go on a desk top.

Or even... in a drawer. :(
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it needs improvements but comparing it to another mmo isn't the right way to go about it.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • Whatelse73b14_ESO
    Whatelse73b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I think functionality is the biggest want for housing.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It absolutely needs improvement. I love the houses and appreciate that they were added to the game, but there is so much more that can be done with them.

I've never played FF. Sounds awesome.
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be awesome to place gardens to grow resources like different alchemy regents and ancestor silk. Before homestead dropped I saw the khajiit home description saying there was going to be a body of water on the property and I immediately thought it would be cool if fishing spots would generate there, unfortunately they didn't.
    I needed up buying hundings hall and intended to frequent visit the place but honestly I don't have much of a reason to go there. The crafting stations are cool, but I end up doing my writs in belkarth anyway cause I gotta turn them in there. we should have a hiring we can obtain w/ a quest line, I mean we're making an insane amount of armor weapons food potions and enchantments I feel like a side quest could get us more immersed in the game. Like yeah it's all going to the soldiers fighting in the war but get me more involved than that (also why do none of them like maces or axes or belts for that matter?Cause it's not BiS? Lol. Back on topic haha target skeleton is cool, I also read a post here saying pvp should be turned on inside houses, I like that, it could make practicing in smaller spaces than open world cyrodiil ideal for practicing for battlegrounds.
    I'm a pretty practical person, I don't like having a house just to look pretty or cool or to have my toon go and sit on different chairs. That might be cool for role players but I want to get some utility out of my house. I will say the atuneable crafting stations are a nice touch. I don't have any yet cause of how expensive they are but it's pretty cool they added that in.
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol now that's one-sided.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always room for improvement on everything, butt he biggest thing to avoid is anything that isnt vanity. If it can: increase player effectiveness, generate items or currencys, or provide benefits (like extra stroage) then no.
    There is a fine line between making something fun/interesting and making something mandatory.
    Edited by notimetocare on May 12, 2017 11:48PM
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Homestead was, on release, a rough draft at best.

"A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Damianos
    Damianos
    ✭✭✭✭
    ix79ro.png

I already have saltwater and freshwater aquariums in my home though.
  • FrozenAnimal
    FrozenAnimal
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like a bard and other servants. In addition, I would like to set routes and emotes for mounts, pets and npcs.
    Vollmond Rudel - Deutschsprachige Werwolfgilde, Plattform: PC/Mac
    Unsere Mitglieder riechen nach nasser Hund, unsere gejagten Widersacher nach Urin.
    Anfragen an: @FroziAnimal [Ingame] oder @FrozenAnimal [Forum]
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mixed opinion or Other
    One thing I respect about Zos is it is not as much of a complete copy of other MMOs which really becomes stale playing the same MMO with a different skin.

Cultivating, really would have to be extremely limited or it would destroy one significant market. Extremely limited to where it may not be worth the effort.

Not sure how an aquarium would fit into the Tamriel world. I have not seen one. Meh, would not care of they added it or not, but there are probably other ways to show off trophies like that.

Jukebox does not fit into Tamriel. They could add performers to play music though.

Guild housing would be good, but should be setup differently. A guild can buy the starter and add on to it. As they add on more could be inside at the same time. Really how housing should have been from the start. However, guild members should not be able to buy a room in it.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mixed opinion or Other
    Housing in general, I love, I could think of many things that could be added to it to make it more functional, and in turn make it more enjoyable to others too, but I am enjoying it how it is right now anyhow :blush:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought Humblemud with in game gold for proximity to the big crafting building. It's just a free fast travel destination when I'm ready to unload loot. I made a stool to sit on.
    Edited by Appleblade on May 13, 2017 2:14AM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, Storage.
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please let us plant gardens!! First one to go in the ground: Potatoes!
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allow us to sleep on our bed and enter a dream land, a new area to play in and port to.
    Or buy a picture that you can port into like dark souls, where new area awaits. :smiley:
    Pc na
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    They need to add functionality to the houses.

I had a blast decorating it but I just visit my house to test the dummy.

A garden / aquarium / storage space and other ideas would be awesome.
  • RT_Frank
    RT_Frank
    ✭✭✭
    Housing should have the ability to pick up and turn in writs. Should also have the ability to assign someone's house as the guild house that is separate from their primary residence. Should also have the ability to pay for a worker who can let you search items from all guild traders. Maybe event an undaunted representative to let you pick up and turn in those dailies.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Storage
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    itehache wrote: »
    They need to add functionality to the houses.

I had a blast decorating it but I just visit my house to test the dummy.

A garden / aquarium / storage space and other ideas would be awesome.

Lets not make housing mandatory like that... People really need to take the last two expansions of housing from WoW as an example of bad housing ideas...
  • wolfdoggie_ESO
    wolfdoggie_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The Limit is too small.
    The Limit is even smaller without sub making it borderline useless.
    Needs storage so my items can be warmly, lovingly organized: One of the best aspects about other ES games.
    Furniture needs more interactivity beyond sitting and turning off and on lights. Beds are to be slept in.
    The door acting like a Wayshrine would be amazing.
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gimme some storage and I'll upgrade from my Sec 8 apt
    DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • ZeroZero77
    ZeroZero77
    ✭✭✭
    Housing needs.
    • Increased Item limit: across the board or the ability to upgrade your house to a higher item limit tier.
    • Remove Invisible walls: Documented here, These terrible walls really destroy creativity.
    • More unique structural items such as walls, stairs, ladders etc
    • More utility, functionality, and things that move or give life to your house (planters, critters, etc)

+ Let us place our Twinks, maybe with some animations they folow as a kind of daylie Rutine.
    + If possible and the player have Banker and or Merchant, make it possible to give the twinks in the house these jobs.

Edited by ZeroZero77 on May 14, 2017 3:40AM
    Mein Eso Setup System I7-4790k Non OC, 16GB Ram , GTX 1060, 3 mal 1920x1080, SSD für OS + Anwendungen und Spiele, 16k Leitung nahe Köln
    Wieso kürzt der typische MMO Spieler eigentlich fast jedes Wort ab. Schreibt aber fast ein Buch wenn er eine einfache Frage hat ?
  • Cyn_v84
    Cyn_v84
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, although I might never get to actual questing anymore
  • Agobi
    Agobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An instanced dark closed box they call "housing" ...yea think it's safe to say this system needs some work :D
  • Andarne
    Andarne
    ✭✭✭
    As an alchemist on my main, I'd love to have the ability to plant things like Nirnroot, Columbine, Lady's Smock, etc.

However...I'd accept a challenge. Make the cultivation time a week or longer, make the plants have requirements like sunlight, water, earth instead of stone, fertiliser, etc. That way we're not destroying the alchemy market for Guild Stores; it'll still be faster to farm the nodes, or buy them from stores; but perhaps make the cultivated crops yield more?
    Andarne [PC-EU]
    Falvis Beran - Ebonheart Pact Loyalist - Redoran Battlemage
    ALMSIVI, grant Mercy. ALMSIVI, grant Mystery. ALMSIVI, grant Mastery. Blessed are we that serve ALMSIVI.

Twitter | Darny3D | Beta Tester 2014 & 2017
  • Iron_Butterfly
    Iron_Butterfly
    ✭✭✭
    Houses are fun but item limit needs to be increased. Added functionality like growing plants or a daily quest giver to provide a small quest for a reward would be nice too.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, ESO housing does not need improvements.
    It's not a place where I spend a lot of time, so it's ok as it is now. Already offers much and let us use the imagination to create.
    If I wanted a jukebox I can use /lute or /flute and entertain myself playing a bard :).

OP's points 1&2 are completely weird, also such one-time pleasures. I never saw any aquarium in eso lore, they even have mirror glass looking like a grey metal plate and you want a real aquarium? To cultivate plants, like a Skyrim's gardener? I used it once and forgot later. I could harvest hundreds of plants more when scouting the wilds, if that was the intention, to harvest from own garden.
    Edited by Gargath on May 14, 2017 11:29AM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."